Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw the QB situation more clearly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Saw the QB situation more clearly

Jul 16, 2018, 7:25 PM

As I was driving home from work- I was thinking about how the football season is only about a month and a half away.

I put myself in Dabo and the teams position right now. It must be intense. Every day inches a day closer to being ready for the onslaught of the battles we will face this year. And you’ve got to think they are getting ready for battle.

And then I thought about the quarterbacks. Every day Dabo and his staff get to see these guys operate on the field, in every every kind of situation. They know them very personally, their personality, their quirks, their abilities. And you’ve got to think of how much evaluation goes into these guys.

Dabo is ultimately paid to win games. Through all their experience and evaluation and observation of which we will NEVER even begin to glimpse or understand the depth of (besides those with professional cfb experience coaching) - they KNOW which QB is going to win the most.

There has got to be one who has an edge over the other. And it’s going to be evident in practice. How could these staff, with their integrity fully in which had been the case as evident by our extremely stable and successful program, turn a blind eye to the one who is just simply put, better?

I think that IS the simplicity, and Dabo has been saying it all along. The best man will win. I am very excited to see who runs out on the field this coming season.

Message was edited by: StoobTiger

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw the QB situation more clearly

Jul 16, 2018, 7:42 PM

I would agree with your logic if you were measuring both QBs equally on the same known tasks and one of them was obviously better. That may well not be the case. Item one must be that TL has no college gameday experience, so you really can not compare him to a QB (KB), that has. One of them is most likely better, but it is also highly possible that they are both very good at different tasks, with a good bit of overlap. As good as Dabo and team are, I'm much more hopeful that this is a very difficult situation due to the fact that they are both very good at everything. Get feeling is that TL wins out eventually, but not right away. On the other hand, they are both an injury away from a change in the starting line up.

Re: Saw the QB situation more clearly

Jul 16, 2018, 7:52 PM

That’s true - as far as how it can get very complex with the different factors, namely a very hard one to judge which is how will Trevor perform on game day, in a real game day setting?

Even with those factors- most can be objectively quantified and compared I would think. Some sort of equation that spits out the superior quarterback. Then simply go with that one.

But still - you have that “game day x-factor” that has yet to be observed amongst all.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic