Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw a lot of the "old familiar" in tonight's game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Saw a lot of the "old familiar" in tonight's game.

Nov 19, 2017, 11:45 PM

Poor half-court offense, poor shot selection, defensive lapses. It's early - loooooong way to go. Making no predictions at this point, and pulling hard for this team and it's coach. Have seen some encouraging signs so far this season. Did not like what I saw tonight.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Saw a lot of the "old familiar" in tonight's game.

Nov 19, 2017, 11:49 PM

Agreed. Too many early 3-pt shots. Not enough pushing the ball inside. Missed ft when you could cut lead to 3. Looks like last year and many years before. We need a game changer. Zion?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tonight was definitely a step back.

Nov 19, 2017, 11:53 PM

But we also played a step up in competition. Temple is a solid team who should finish among the top teams in their conference. No shame in this loss, but this is definitely the kind of game we need to start winning.

I am reminding myself that we have a lot of new faces and new roles. We seem to be figuring out the right rotation. For example, I was surprised to see Spencer get early minutes when he hasn’t in the several games leading up to this.

We need to figure things out quickly. We have some more tough opponents on our upcoming non-conference schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

"but this is definitely the kind of game we need to start

Nov 20, 2017, 12:06 AM

winning".

This is the kind of game we needed to start winning 4 or 5 years ago. Look, it's very early, and we had a bad game. By no means am I throwing in the towel - not even close. I just saw a lot of the same exact things that have plagued us and kept us out of the dance under Brownell, and it's disappointing. However, I'll put this behind me, move ahead and hope we learn and grow from it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yes, on to Ohio !

Nov 20, 2017, 10:29 PM

But first there is a game before that ...

Regardless, agree put this one on "lessons learned" and not do that again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic