Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sam Darnold to Cleveland Browns is supposedly a lock now.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Sam Darnold to Cleveland Browns is supposedly a lock now.

Mar 22, 2018, 8:27 AM

Is he the real deal? What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sam Darnold to Cleveland Browns is supposedly a lock now.

Mar 22, 2018, 8:30 AM

Out of the options, I think he is the best pick. Not a proven winner, but a leader and seems to have the tools for the NFL. Of course if the Browns agree he will be a huge let down.

null

I havem't had a NFL team in a long time, because...

Mar 22, 2018, 8:35 AM

the teams I grew up with moved away. That said, when Deshaun went to the Texans I made them my team, but closely followed by the Browns. I don't want to be bandwagon. Starting at the bottom with Browns and following them now, as well as the Texans.

Why would they draft Darnold after getting Taylor?

Mar 22, 2018, 8:37 AM

If they did that, it would be one of the most Cleveland things ever. I've tried to watch the real USC play some and I have seen him throw so many wobbly passes and ducks. Truthfully, if I were an NFL GM I wouldn't go after any of the QBs this year. They all seem to have major flaws.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Because Taylor isn't there furture as we all know.

Mar 22, 2018, 8:54 AM

The Giants are on the clock and the Browns are going QB with 1st pick. They feel they need their franchise QB and have passed on other franchise QB's such as Watson and won't do it again. They are a lock for a QB is what the word is and it's a done deal.

Throwing "done deal" around here doesn't usually end well

Mar 22, 2018, 9:39 AM

RIP in pieces york_tiger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Throwing "done deal" around here doesn't usually end well

Mar 22, 2018, 10:09 AM

As well as RIP TigerWoods after that RG fiasco.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Throwing "done deal" around here doesn't usually end well

Mar 22, 2018, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Throwing "done deal" around here doesn't usually end well ]

When don't the QB prospects have flaws? The only surefire

Mar 22, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Why would they draft Darnold after getting Taylor? ]

QB prospect i recall in the last ~10 years was Andrew Luck. This is probably the best QB class in years.

I think last year's QB class was better***

Mar 22, 2018, 10:14 AM

Going into the draft? For starters, i think this class is

Mar 22, 2018, 10:26 AM

deeper.

You also had one guy that looked promising, but only started for 1 season. Another that was supposedly extremely raw and would take several years to develop, but reportedly had great upside. And then DW4 who obviously played fantastic last year, but clearly wasn't thought of in that regard prior to the season.

if he was, he isn't anymore...he's a Brown now.....***

Mar 22, 2018, 8:45 AM

I think they are about to turn it around. Playoffs in 2 yrs****

Mar 22, 2018, 8:57 AM

Dude was an "interception machine" in college

Mar 22, 2018, 8:55 AM

imagine what he'll do in the pros ... with the Browns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fumbles too*****

Mar 22, 2018, 8:58 AM

He had 13 INTs last year. DW4 had 13 INTS in 2015 and 17

Mar 22, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Dude was an "interception machine" in college ]

in 2016. He did OK in the NFL last year.

USC lost a lot of guys off their 2016 team and Darnold was just forcing things and trying to do too much on his own.

Mar 22, 2018, 9:00 AM

I dont follow it closely enough to say for sure, but Ive heard the browns are making a lot of moves this offseason. I think they are getting tired of being the joke of the draft/league. That said, and this could come back to haunt me, but Ive never really seen Darnold do much that wowed me. I watched USC play a few times in bigger games against good opponents and nothing stood out to me about him.

Mar 22, 2018, 9:03 AM

I have a feeling that Josh Allen will be the best QB taken in this draft . Something about him strikes me as a guy who has a big chip on his shoulder ...coming from a smaller school and being looked at down the line as maybe a later round option .

He exudes confidence without coming off as cocky and his physical tools are certainly on par with the Darnolds and the the Rosens et al .

Few years in and I believe the kid will be a star.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 22, 2018, 9:06 AM

One way or another, QB's are going with the first 3 picks.

Darnold - Browns
Rosen - Giants
Allen - Jets

Cleveland may even move pick #4 to a team that wants Mayfield, and doesn't want to risk not being there when they pick.

IMO, all these picks are risky. DW4 would still be the best option if he were coming out in this group.

Rosen looks the most talented to me, but...

Mar 22, 2018, 9:13 AM

I could see him getting injured too often. Kind of skinny

I think that's hindsight. DW4 was drafted after both

Mar 22, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Sam Darnold to Cleveland Browns is supposedly a lock now. ]

Trubisky and Mahomes. Trubisky and Mahomes might both end up being fine NFL QBs, but i like several of these 2018 QBs better coming out of college. Last year the QBs went like #4, #10, and #12. This year you might have QBs go 1-3, and all 4 could easily go in the top 10.

he looked about as bad as someone can look vs OSU***

Mar 22, 2018, 9:10 AM

Best Is The Standard

And that is why they will continue to stink***

Mar 22, 2018, 9:16 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Josh Allen has the highest ceiling and the highest bust

Mar 22, 2018, 10:21 AM

potential. He's definitely the riskiest pick of any of the QBs. He has a howitzer arm, but he's pretty tough to evaluate beyond that.

I also think Rosen has the highest floor and is pretty much NFL ready right now. My only question with him is his personality. He's a bit of a strange guy. Will he be a leader? Does he have the drive to really succeed? I guess that's what all of those weird interviews are for.

I like Darnold's skill set a lot. He has a good arm and is very good at extending plays and creating outside of the pocket. I think his issues from last season are largely correctable. I was actually much more down on Tee Martin as an OC than Darnold last year. I don't really understand the hype for Tee as a HC.

I'm also surprisingly high on Baker Mayfield. I don't like the guy, but his character issues don't seem to be major things that will impact his future. He just did some dumb and immature stuff that he will probably grow out of. He's a good leader and he absolutely has the drive and the fire to work hard and succeed at the next level. The arm strength is just OK from what I've seen, but he's very accurate and even better at extending plays and throwing from outside the pocket than Darnold. Height is a bit of an issue at just 6' or 6'1", but the aforementioned ability to throw from outside the pocket will help negate that a bit.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic