Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sage Surratt injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,647

Sage Surratt injury

Nov 12, 2019, 6:25 AM

Anybody know what his status is for Saturday? Saw on ACCN last night that Wake’s top 2 receivers were injured.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure but we will hear about it a lot Saturday.

Nov 12, 2019, 7:58 AM

Anything to downgrade our win a little.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure but we will hear about it a lot Saturday.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:21 AM

Beating an unranked Wake WOULD BE a small accomplishment. No need to minimize it.

Wake is the only team on our schedule that does NOT give us their best shot.

Wake's frontline players can play for almost anybody (not us). Their problem is their lack of depth.

Remember last year? Our RBs took turns breaking off 75-yard runs because their backup safetys kept taking bad angles. We hung 63 on them while trying to run out the clock. 2 months later they won a bowl game.

Dave Clawson will sit any moderately unhealthy player, inc his QB, against the big bad Tigers in order to have them healthy the rest of the season. He's done it several times now.

Sure, it's unfortunate that they lost last week, and they are dinged up, but frankly most ACC teams are playing a lot of backups right now.

I read on one of their few message boards on football...

Nov 12, 2019, 8:28 AM

That Washington is out until bowl season and that Surratt was good to go for Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as he is not at linebacker like his brother (UNC)..

Nov 12, 2019, 8:29 AM

UNC LB Surratt gave us hell!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sage Surratt injury

Nov 12, 2019, 9:04 AM

Surratt is definitely the lion's share of their offensive production, so hopefully he plays. I would guess they will attempt to get him one-on-one against Muse or Kendrick and he will win most of those battles. He is an excellent receiver and wins most 50/50 balls, and gets separation very well.

Wake loses and loses big, but Surratt will get his chances. Wake will have difficulty once inside the red zone as Surratt becomes less effective.

This game might turn into a blowout early and often as that delayed RPO play is going to be blown up repeatedly. I almost hope they do not try that as it will make their fine coach look really bad.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,647
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic