Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sadly, next year's Basketball team could be scary bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Sadly, next year's Basketball team could be scary bad

Jan 22, 2019, 10:17 PM

No Thomas, Reed or Mitchell (even though Mitchell has played pretty bad most of year). I don't see any real replacements for those guys in the near future. Things will probably get worst before they get better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how many times have I said that in my life...

Jan 22, 2019, 10:20 PM

Seems tho that most years(past 20 yrs) I’m excited about the returning team we underachieve and the years I thought we had no chance we seem to overachieve... just perfectly hovering at mediocre.

Unproven, but pretty pumped about our recruiting class

Jan 22, 2019, 10:22 PM

Dawes is going to be a boss, and a couple shooters. If Simms and Jemison can step up I do t see how we could be worse. Reed and Mitchell do not look better this year. It’s weird. Didn’t realize how much Bobby Buckets was the glue of the team. Don’t know why he would, but if Christian Brown comes to Clemson could have a lot of real young talent play immediately.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sadly, next year's Basketball team could be scary bad

Jan 22, 2019, 10:28 PM

Anyone want to predict our starting 5? We have that transfer, Jonathan Baehre, sitting out who is supposed to be really solid too.

I will guess.

pg Dawes and Trapp
sg Newman?
sf Simms
pf Jonathan Baehre
c Javan White backed by Try Jemison

Jan 22, 2019, 10:31 PM

The transfer we have on the bench sitting out is the best player on the team I'm hearing. He can drive , dish, shoot, block shots. Another KJ I'm hearing. Brownell needs to stop dropping the ball on recruits and start evaluating talent. I'm sick of theses small team we play having guys shooting the lights out and we can't shoot ourselves. I mean how does wofford get that guy they have and Clemson not even offer him. I call that dropping the ball on recruiting and Brad has done that every year here. Starts with recruiting and adapting to the game

Jan 22, 2019, 11:33 PM

Sorry to everyone reading this again . good shooters are out there. Maybe not as fast as Duke's, maybe not as good off hand . .etc. But shooters are out there. And so are defensive players. When you aren't the top dogs, you need to have a real strategy. Either have slower shooters and slow the game down, or have shut down defensive guys and keep the score at 50 . . .which we did in years past.

Jan 23, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Sadly, next year's Basketball team could be scary bad ]

we always hear tat about guys till they suit up. it becomes tougher against the competition. yeah we're getting better players but development still takes time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're already scary bad..Frustrating***

Jan 23, 2019, 8:27 AM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic