Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad day. Just found out that my future neighbor is a coot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 2,577

Sad day. Just found out that my future neighbor is a coot

Jul 2, 2013, 11:17 PM

Ran into the lady of the house admiring her house being built while I was out on a walk with my family. Soon enough a sweet golf cart rolls by. I note that the only way it would be cooler is if it was in orange. The lady then says "Oh no, my husband's a Gamecock." To which I say, "Well, it was nice talking to you. You seem nice. We could have been friends."

My wife stayed to chat a bit, but I left. Is it crazy that I don't even want to give these people a chance. I really just can't stand cootcocks though. I thought I could avoid them by moving into a nice neighborhood.

What say you Tiger nation?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time to move!***

Jul 2, 2013, 11:33 PM

Re: Time to move!***

Jul 3, 2013, 1:37 AM

They will be the ones moving after this year.

I have one next door as well :( ***

Jul 2, 2013, 11:36 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I feel your pain .. just bought a nice piece of property

Jul 2, 2013, 11:42 PM

to build my retirement home on someday. Then I found out the neighboring lot is owned by a coot lawyer. Value of the property is now impaired.

: (

I'm thinking a 40 foot high orange privacy fence is in order.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I feel your pain .. just bought a nice piece of property

Jul 3, 2013, 5:55 AM

Orange with Tiger Paws! Gotta keep out the trash. LOL

I despise those capons as much as anyone. But, my

Jul 2, 2013, 11:45 PM

chicken neighbors aren't that bad. I just rarely speak to them. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Sad day. Just found out that my future neighbor is a coot

Jul 2, 2013, 11:54 PM

Just put a note on your front door stating coots really suckcock. Maybe that will keep him away if he isn't related to Clowney and can't read.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Construction accidents glow better at night.....Just Sayin.

Jul 3, 2013, 12:02 AM

...smells like chicken

They will decrease the property value.

Jul 3, 2013, 12:03 AM

Once you get one, they'll all start to come. Get out while you can!

I say we live in the greatest nation on earth. We all get

Jul 3, 2013, 12:58 AM

to choose what teams we root for we even get a chance to make dumb decisions like pulling for a lame excuse for a university. Thank God I've made smarter decisions than something like that. Still, UsuC does serve a purpose. For students that find it too hard to get into Clemson, there are plenty of options at the University of the Substandard College

I have plenty of USC grads as friends

Jul 3, 2013, 5:43 AM

You guys take this stuff way too seriously, if you truly would not give him the time of day because he is a Gamecock fan.

Maybe all this "coot" hating is just internet board chatter but it really gets old, imo.

I am a Clemson grad and proud of it. I want to beat them in every sport down to ping pong, but I wanted to do the same thing to my brother when I was a kid. I don't hate him and I don't hate someone just because they are fans of my rival.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have plenty of USC grads as friends

Jul 3, 2013, 11:08 AM

Why do I want to willingly associate myself with someone that's going to talk trash about my Tigers. Even if they're "friendly" to your face you know they're talking trash about Clemson behind your back. That's two-faced to me and I don't like two-faced people. Additionally, I'm going to talk smack about the cootcocks whenever I get the chance. That doesn't make for a good friendship.

I have friends that have become gamecocks unfortunately, but we've already established a relationship and don't talk football at all. Unfortunately I like them too much to not talk to them despite some of their poor choices in life. ;)

i would rather talk with people who know the game,

Jul 4, 2013, 4:03 PM [ in reply to I have plenty of USC grads as friends ]

and, as most gamecock gear bearing folk clearly show, if you ride a horse that has just started winning after 100+ years of racing, chances are you had better get a new horse.usuc is clearly just a ####### that has gotten into the labs of some of the multitude of the local junkie's and will soon run out of fuel. the streak ends this november, no if's, and's or but's!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have plenty of USC grads as friends

Jul 6, 2013, 10:42 PM [ in reply to I have plenty of USC grads as friends ]

> You guys take this stuff way too seriously, if you
> truly would not give him the time of day because he
> is a Gamecock fan.
>
> Maybe all this "coot" hating is just internet board
> chatter but it really gets old, imo.
>
> I am a Clemson grad and proud of it. I want to beat
> them in every sport down to ping pong, but I wanted
> to do the same thing to my brother when I was a kid.
> I don't hate him and I don't hate someone just
> t because they are fans of my rival.

Well said. I'm a South Carolina grad with 3 kids, 2 who attended Clemson and 1 who attended USC. Many of my friends went to Clemson, and I might have attended Clemson myself had they offered a Music Major in 1973. I don't think they have a Music Major still... even though they have that nice performing arts center. Now, when can we get together to play that game of ping pong?

I say you evaluate a man by his deeds not the color of his

Jul 3, 2013, 7:05 AM

golfcart.

But I'd burn the house before they moved in just in case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very true. never can be too careful.

Jul 4, 2013, 4:04 PM

it's easier to stop an infestation before it starts!

Burn their house down. It's the only solution.***

Jul 3, 2013, 7:20 AM

Jul 3, 2013, 11:10 AM

Well there is that 10% of them that you can talk to, discuss the rivalry... even rag on each other back and forth in wins and losses and have fun with it like we should be able to. But its a rare breed indeed.

Too true

Jul 3, 2013, 11:13 AM

I've yet to find one. Then there's that 0.00000000000345% that's a fan of both. That baffles me.

Jul 3, 2013, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Sad day. Just found out that my future neighbor is a coot ]

I grew up in a house divided. My dad went to Clemson and my mom has two degrees from Cola. And before I joined my high school marching band and started having Saturday competitions, neither had missed a home game at their respective schools in 17 years.

We talk about football all the time, but we don't get into Clemson/Carolina stuff too much, and I remember the car rides home when I was young were veeeeery quiet, no matter who won haha. They also sit on opposite ends of the stadium at the Clemson/Carolina games! She's never worn orange, but I did get her to some non-Carolina Clemson games back when I was in Tiger Band! She'd even come out onto the field during Parents Day. That's love, right there.

My mom's a great lady and one of my favorite people to talk about sports with. Hopefully your Gamecock neighbor will be one of the good ones you can actually talk about sports with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Used to have one. I moved.***

Jul 3, 2013, 11:12 AM

I'm surrounded by unc fans

Jul 3, 2013, 11:16 AM

They don't have much to say during football season.... And that's nice......

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: I'm surrounded by unc fans

Jul 3, 2013, 11:22 AM

I can deal with UNC fans since we seem to only play each other once every 290 years. ACC scheduling needs to be mixed up. I want to play more Coastal teams. We should drop the cross-rival concept and go to a rotation.

Re: I'm surrounded by unc fans

Jul 4, 2013, 12:13 PM

I agree

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Had one when I lived in Chas years ago.

Jul 3, 2013, 11:22 AM

Day one, the couple next door came over, we chatted, they welcomed us...I said "we went to Clemson" and then the husband proceeded to bring up the fact that they had beaten Clemson that particular year in baseball, soccer, basketball, etc. (strangely, he didn't mention football). I wasn't even going to mention sports because I thought it best to be sensitive toward them and mindful of the fact the we had thumped them over and over for decades. I had nothing against their fans prior to this encounter. I've learned since then that there is no point in taking the high road with these people.

There goes the neighborhood. Time to sell.***

Jul 3, 2013, 11:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I have a coot fan on one side of me, a dawg married to a

Jul 3, 2013, 11:27 AM

coot on the other side of me, and more coots a few doors down on both sides. Fortunately there's one Clemson family across the street. The coot fans on either side of me aren't huge sports fans either (unlike the ones down the street), so that's a small blessing as well.

I can deal with the non-sports coot

Jul 3, 2013, 11:34 AM

One of the girls that watches my kids is a coot. She said she doesn't understand the rivalry and only goes to football games for the tailgating. I can deal with that.

Tougher when family

Jul 4, 2013, 12:34 PM

My extended family is about half and half Tiger and coot. My son even went to law school at USucK after Wofford undergrad. This experience converted him to a coot fan (no he is not disinherrited). Actually we all get along fine. We kid each other but even though the talk gets heated sometimes, we are smart enough to know that there are many more important things than college sports. We worship God, love our country and state, have fought for the US in various branches of the armed forcesl. To hate someone because they pull for a different sports team, on which know not one player on either sidem, must be a sad way to live. I feel sorry for you.

and you still claim him?

Jul 4, 2013, 4:06 PM

blood only goes so far. deeds, on the other hand, show what a person has in their hearts.

Convert them with kindness

Jul 4, 2013, 4:22 PM

not everyone is perfect

Jul 4, 2013, 11:55 PM

I feel your pain. I live in Columbia and I've got a dirt ###### on one side and a Tarhole on the other side. I'd rather be surrounded by Carrot Top, Gilbert Gotfried, Aaron Hernandez, Ron Cherry, Roseanne Barr.... ugh- you catch my drift.

Well, if a coot makes you all jittery and

Jul 6, 2013, 11:14 PM

nervous, go see a shrink before you move.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 2,577
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic