Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sad Grown Men
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Sad Grown Men

Jan 21, 2018, 1:02 PM

Will probably get a couple TD's for this but it's all good.

It's sad to see grown men bashing a guy for not picking Clemson. It's incredibly saddening that they would stoop to the levels of calling him dumb, stupid, etc...

The same people who are calling him names right now are the same ones who would be praising him if he chose Clemson. Since he didn't now the guy is all of a sudden not smart enough to get in the school and is unworthy of a Clemson scholarship??? Give me a break.

He didn't choose Clemson and I hate it, but if I was a 1 and done Duke would catch my eye. As much as I hate Mike "The Dirty Rat" Kryzewski he is one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time. He may be a jerk but his resume speaks for itself.

Rant over. Have a good Sunday and GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad Grown Men

Jan 21, 2018, 1:20 PM

Agreed, but I think some of it has to do with the fact that people think he played us.

But he didn’t play us.

Jan 21, 2018, 1:28 PM

I don’t think he ever made a list of top schools, at least not publicly. It was all speculation from the “recruiting gurus” that predicted that he was leaning Clemson. If anything, Clemson being in the spotlight even for a moment with a big time recruit, helps Clemson from the standpoint that the brand gets out there for basketball.

I honestly believe that those questioning his intelligence, playing ability, or motives are just sore losers. Of course a few are trolls as well.

Name 1 recruit that will play for Clemson because

Jan 21, 2018, 3:08 PM

Zion "gave us a look". I dont buy your "spotlight" theory. That it helped us any bit whatsoever. You see the end result is Clemson wasn't good enough, once again, for an elite prospect right down the road. That is the full-on message sent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Name 1 recruit that won’t play for Clemson because

Jan 21, 2018, 3:30 PM

Zion “gave us a look”. You know it isn’t that simple.

The more that young recruits hear about Clemson and know about the basketball program the better. No, the coaches don’t use Zion’s name as a recruiting tool. But anytime major media outlets are talking Clemson basketball in a positive light, that’s a good thing. Any top recruit giving Clemson a look is good and it brings with it a few months of attention for Clemson Basketball.

“The best is yet to come”***

Jan 21, 2018, 3:14 PM [ in reply to But he didn’t play us. ]

people make up this drama on their own

Jan 21, 2018, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Sad Grown Men ]

he didn't play anybody! It's media hype and overzealous speculation...as usual!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: people make up this drama on their own

Jan 21, 2018, 1:47 PM

Trolls not knowing HOW to troll is a dead giveaway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“The best is yet to come”***

Jan 21, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to people make up this drama on their own ]

Re: “The best is yet to come”***

Jan 21, 2018, 8:21 PM

Explain why you keep saying this and what it has to do with anything please. Did you think Zion was coming to play for Dabo because that's what Dabo always says about the football team?

Ah, the humanity of this board...***

Jan 21, 2018, 1:51 PM

I agree. Once Coach K retires we might be able to

Jan 21, 2018, 3:06 PM

Get some of these kids but as of now... it ain’t happening. Coach K is top 3 all time. Maybe top 2. Wooden being the best.

Get some balls social media baby...

Jan 21, 2018, 3:13 PM

Not liking something ain’t hating. And this is on a message board. Provide examples of posters on here blowing up Zion’s social media accounts and then your point will be valid

Moreover, he made the completely rational call picking Duke.****

Jan 21, 2018, 3:16 PM

Sad Grown social media babies always claiming hating***

Jan 21, 2018, 3:17 PM

^^^#1 sad grown "man"***

Jan 21, 2018, 8:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Sad Grown social media babies always claiming hating***

Jan 21, 2018, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Sad Grown social media babies always claiming hating*** ]

Is there not a political thread you can troll somewhere? Guess it's been slow for you around here lately...

Give him a few minutes and he'll play the race card***

Jan 21, 2018, 8:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Until they do to basketball what they do to football

Jan 21, 2018, 4:47 PM

Make the kids play at least 3 years and get at least a Jr level education College basketball will continue to mean nothing to me. I love my tigers but could care less if we bulldozed little john and turned it into football game day parking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Inlet I'm with you on that for the most part

Jan 21, 2018, 5:46 PM

The one and done just makes a mockery of the term student/athlete and needs to be eradicated. Personally I think it should go back to the hardship criteria early leavers used to have to adhere to when leaving early began

Actually I thought the backlash would be much

Jan 21, 2018, 4:55 PM

Much worse. I think t-net and Clemson have handled it better than most schools.

Bash the kid, heck I'm sort of envious...

Jan 21, 2018, 5:34 PM

at what he pulled off. He KNEW he was picking Duke all along and most people would simply give him two minutes of fame, ESPN would put his pick in the crawl, and then ignore another pick-up by Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, or UNC. Instead he got all the blueblood haters excited, the South Carolina and Clemson crowds to beg him, and a primetime selection spot on ESPN. He pulled a huge scam on everybody, got a cool ego build, and a mountain of free publicity in the process.

Good post Dussy Woods. If he had been my son I would

Jan 21, 2018, 5:51 PM

have definitely wanted him to go to Clemson, but, at the same time, if he got hit his freshman year, a degree from Duke is not a bad thing to have.

Jan 21, 2018, 5:53 PM

Yes. Did these same folks bash Jackson Carmen for leaving Ohio?

Donte G's injury makes me sad

Jan 21, 2018, 8:11 PM

Zion does not

Jan 21, 2018, 8:44 PM

I have a little rant myself.......bla bla bla......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Sad Grown Men--not the Uh-merrycan Dweem!!!

Jan 23, 2018, 12:08 AM

Wish the player to be seen later had picked us and lake hartwell's level rose 10 feet the same night. then we could get J's boat out of the dock and on the pond for sure. His decision in no way affects me one way or the other, but if 10 feet of water surrounded by 57,000 miles of shoreline gets us wet, i'm for it.

And Spud, that was a nice 'un you'z getting ready to lip kiss in that picture. You could see it in Spud's eyes. For the record, was that Kintukky striped big mouth a "great ol' big 'un, or a big ol' good 'un???"

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic