Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SOS won't retire this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

SOS won't retire this year.

Jul 16, 2015, 6:22 PM

They probably don't have the stones to fire him either. He'll slink off in a few years after taking back everything he's given to USuCk. A fitting end to both. (int frag)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SOS won't retire this year.

Jul 16, 2015, 6:30 PM

I think he may have 2 more years of "telling everyone how great he is and them actually believing it" in him. Then again, he may just blame everyone but himself and bow out after 2015. If they have the horrible season that I'm hoping they do, he may just grab a case of MD 20/20 and call it a done deal.

JMO, but it's hard to say.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know

Jul 16, 2015, 6:41 PM

A 63-17ish type beat down at the end of November, and then their rival making the 4 team playoff might ruffle some feathers down there.

If he quits he loses his contract and the money.

Jul 16, 2015, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: SOS won't retire this year. ]

He extorted another year of salary out of them with the 'two or three more years,' statement. He's put too much on the line to let it go and get nothing.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2015, 7:08 PM

I hope he doesn't. After the way the coots have been recruiting ever since he made that comment about 2-3 years I hope he actually sticks around for another 5 years. No matter how many times he says that he isn't retiring any time soon or posts workout videos online nobody is going to believe him. As long as he is there they won't be able to recruit for ####.

Jul 16, 2015, 7:22 PM

I hear what the OP is saying, but tend to disagree about USUC not firing him if their season is as bad as I think it might be.

Looking at their schedule, it could become a train wreck by the time CLEMSON comes to willy brice. If that happens, then the ONLY thing that can save Spurrier is to beat us. If we beat him like we beat LOUser Holtz, then Stevie boy will be gone after our game.

I see them beating UNC (maybe), UCF (maybe), Vandy, and The Citadel. UK might be a toss up as they could not stop UK last year. They could easily lose 7-9 games, and get their woodshed whoopin' at the end of the season, with NO BOWL. If that happens, he is GONE!

Jul 16, 2015, 7:31 PM

I'll take away one "maybe." IMO, UNCheat DESTROYS USuC in the opener and starts the landslide in the 1st game. USuC has nothing resembling a defense, and UNC's offense is actually legit. USuC really has no offense either. Coots will begin and end their 2015 campaign with blowout losses to "lowly" ACC teams...UNC and Clemson. I'm gonna love every minute of their 2015 FAIL season.

I agree but I still don't think they have the stones...

Jul 16, 2015, 7:46 PM

to fire him.

Were they going to fire him they wouldn't have given him a contract extension for a minute. That was Clemson's mistake with Bowden.

Jul 16, 2015, 7:54 PM

I am from Columbia and have relatives that are big donors tell me that Spurrier had to be talked into coming back and that this is his last year. Who knows.

Jul 16, 2015, 8:29 PM

11/28/2015 !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2015, 9:07 PM

The day they drove ol' Stevie down ...and all the Tigers were singing .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 16, 2015, 9:44 PM

I hope he stays for several more years. I want him to wallow in mediocrity for a while before he retires. He has earned it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic