Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SECPN talking heads sure sound like the want ND to lose
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

SECPN talking heads sure sound like the want ND to lose

Nov 24, 2020, 8:48 PM

this weekend. They want them to lose ASAP so two SEC teams are in the Top 4. I used to think ND got all the love and benefit of the doubt from the media but that is so not true IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they sounded like they were about to cry

Nov 24, 2020, 8:56 PM

because ohio state whos resume is beating teams with a combined 6-13 record was behind us in the poll

When you need the Hoosiers to help your SOS, you have a problem. ***

Nov 24, 2020, 9:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

and northwestern***

Nov 24, 2020, 9:12 PM

Re: they sounded like they were about to cry

Nov 24, 2020, 9:55 PM [ in reply to they sounded like they were about to cry ]

I've said it before, and I WILL SAY it AGAIN. If not for the new college FB playoff system, Clemson would be without the last two Natties bc we wouldn't have ever played for a NC under the BCS system that ESECPN controlled who played for the NC each and every year until the playoff system made it to where an undefeated power 5 ACC team had a right to the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they have tried to match us up to a team they hoped would beat us in the playoffs, and knock us out of the NC game, and knowing we were playing like a NC contender!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohio State may have gotten in over us in 2016

Nov 25, 2020, 8:56 AM

because they were #2 in both human polls at the end of the regular season and that was 2/3 of the BCS formula. I think we would've gotten in over ND in 2018 pretty comfortably though.

IMO this is what the BCS title game would've looked like in each year of the CFP:

2014 - Bama vs FSU (neither team actually made the final)
2015 - Clemson vs Bama
2016 - Bama vs Ohio State
2017 - Clemson vs Oklahoma (neither team made the final)
2018 - Clemson vs Bama
2019 - LSU vs Ohio State

So we maybe get screwed out of the 2016 title, but we also would've had a chance of winning one in 2017 against OU rather than getting Bama in the Sugar Bowl that year. All things considered, the CFP has definitely worked in our favor, but I don't think it would've been dramatically different under the old BCS. More than anything, the BCS was worse because it only included 2 teams. If they used the same old BCS system but included the top 4 it really wouldn't be that much different than the current CFP.

Re: SECPN talking heads sure sound like the want ND to lose

Nov 24, 2020, 9:04 PM

Ideally ND will lose and we’ll have half our team out for COVID for the ACCCG and ESPN can have their wet dream all over themselves.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 24, 2020, 9:59 PM

SEC heads might literally explode if the ACC puts two teams in the CFP....

Even if ND is only a temporary member...

Nov 24, 2020, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: SECPN talking heads sure sound like the want ND to lose ]

Our best bet to the ACCCG with a healthy team, is for Dabo and Clemson to refuse to play FSU. Don't let them take away the time we're supposed to have to get healthy before the ACCCG!!!!

Nov 25, 2020, 8:34 AM

I agree totally. Why risk it on a meaningless game?

I wouldn’t be surprised if our SOS improved if we didn’t play them.

Nov 24, 2020, 10:05 PM

It's true that they would love two SEC teams in, but we are not the only football fans who can't stand ND. I saw some SEC teams (and other conferences) and their fans pulling for us against ND even though they said they are not Clemson fans.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 25, 2020, 5:36 AM

Why are y'all still watching that nonsense. You know going in what their bias is. Ratings slump will change all that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2020, 8:18 AM

Just my take, but I would rather have two SEC teams any day as long as Clemson is "in" and Notre Dame is "out".
ESPN bias aside, I don't want Notre Dame even sniffing the top 10.

However things turn out

Nov 25, 2020, 9:37 AM

The media has to be naysayers and doubt casters. They want the conversation to be there. They don't care about the result.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic