Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC This and SEC That and blah, blah, blah
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

SEC This and SEC That and blah, blah, blah

Sep 13, 2012, 11:06 AM

Man these guys down here in Columbia sure are proud of their conference affiliation. They talk for hours on end about the supposed superiority of their conference but if you look at the situation objectively, they have two elite (Alabama and LSU) programs, a few solid ones and a few sorry ones. Yes I know that Florida and Auburn have won championships recently but where are those programs now? Neither is elite and it's even arguable that neither is even good. The truth is aside from LSU and Alabama, the SEC is pretty ordinary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What else do they have? Ask them what they have brought

Sep 13, 2012, 11:11 AM

to SEC football that Missippi hasn't also brought--which is, wait for it, nothing!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

What they don't realize is they sound like losers.

Sep 13, 2012, 11:14 AM

The SEC's reputation was built despite the coots. They have been a perennial doormat with the exception of the past few years.

Re: aww.... they don't sound like losers.

Sep 13, 2012, 11:37 AM

they are losers. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN and networks started all the conference (SEC) buzz

Sep 13, 2012, 11:18 AM

to strengthen their recruiting, "create" the idea of more high profile games, which pushed them into being more successful (and pushed a few to be dirtier to achieve). It generates more revenue, gets people interested in a bigger brand, and watching games they normally wouldn't be.

Although, I'm still trying to figure how Ok. State didin't have as much of a shot to be in the National Championship game as 2 "SEC" teams, Ooooooooooooooo... but whatever.

Re: ESPN and networks started all the conference (SEC) buzz

Sep 13, 2012, 11:37 AM

bad as that was it has served to get some playoff momentum going

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

perfect point... the $EC wasnt that good until E$PN started

Sep 15, 2012, 12:30 AM [ in reply to ESPN and networks started all the conference (SEC) buzz ]

promoting them and thats a fact

Re: SEC This and SEC That and blah, blah, blah

Sep 13, 2012, 11:32 AM

> Man these guys down here in Columbia sure are proud
> of their conference affiliation. They talk for hours
> on end about the supposed superiority of their
> conference but if you look at the situation
> objectively, they have two elite (Alabama and LSU)
> programs, a few solid ones and a few sorry ones. Yes
> I know that Florida and Auburn have won championships
> recently but where are those programs now? Neither is
> elite and it's even arguable that neither is even
> good. The truth is aside from LSU and Alabama, the
> SEC is pretty ordinary.

Okie dokey! Have it your way, but for now, I'll settle for that ole 'ordinary' SEC. Btw, the last time the Gamecocks played the Crimson Tide, they got their butts cut - couldn't wait to get on the bus - same for old Saban, who was white-faced and panting for air. As for LSU, well . . . we haven't played 'em yet.

Sep 13, 2012, 11:40 AM

See what I mean? You see any fans of the programs that count in that conference (Alabama, LSU) running to defend the conference? Nah. Just a hanger on from a team that has NEVER won anything of significance in college football.

Sep 13, 2012, 11:50 AM

Very surprised that every Bama and LSU fan on Tigernet hasn't responded.

Well

Sep 13, 2012, 12:13 PM

I'm very surprised that you're over here trying to prove a point. Go home coot!

Sep 13, 2012, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: SEC This and SEC That and blah, blah, blah ]

Well, look at the major schools in Alabama...Alabama and Auburn. Both in same conference as the case with Miss and Miss State and Louisiana. Arkansas has one major school as well and it is in the SEC. I bet that the SEC talk is getting heated up in Texas with the Big 12 presence and, of course, A&M. Not sure how the GaTech/UGA conversation goes but I imagine there are some conference bashings occurring.

Funny thing is that no SEC schools gives them any respect

Sep 13, 2012, 11:35 AM

If you go to their boards LSU, Bama, Auburn, UF, Ark, UGA, and even Tenn fans have NO respect for the coots and whenever the coots go to their board they get put in their place quick fast and in a hurry. It's hilarious that they spout all this SEC SEC crap yet they aren't even accepted by their own conference.

Sep 13, 2012, 11:49 AM

If you lined the SEC up with any conference from top to bottom and played the games the SEC would come out on top by a good majority. So what if its only 2 elite teams? Is the whole conference supposed to be top 15? It is still top to bottom the strongest by a wide margin.

Sep 13, 2012, 11:59 AM

First of all that can't be proven so why pose this BS scenario. Second I give much respect to the teams who are actually winning conference and national championships. They deserve everything they get. But to the fans of those loudmouth, bad breath programs who never win anything save for an occasional rivalry game, with all due respect they should just shut the h3ll up!

Sep 14, 2012, 9:54 PM

its actually proven fairly regularly. like when 5th place SEC teams soundly defeat champions from other conferences.

Sep 14, 2012, 10:38 PM

Or like when UL monroe beats one of the great SEC west teams.. HMMMMMMM Or when vandy gets beat by Northwestern HMMMMMMMM Or kentucky losses to UL HMMMMMMM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i like this post***

Sep 15, 2012, 12:33 AM

Sep 15, 2012, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC This and SEC That and blah, blah, blah ]

Put that in your crackpipe coot and smoke it! DUMBEST BREED ON THE PLANET

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sour grapes-blah man. Let SC have their day thru affiliation

Sep 14, 2012, 10:23 PM

As a die-hard Clemson man since arriving as a freshman 33 yrs ago, I can clearly see the SEC is #1 and has been for 7-8 yrs.

That only changes when Clemson or FSU breaks through and wins it on the field. VaT will not do it. MIA will not do it. In the meantime, SC sure as hell won't do it.

But the anti-SEC sentiment is only sour grapes and makes us look ignorant. Fla & Aub have won Natl Championships recently and we have not won in over 3 decades. Our teams have been soft and weak since Ford left; we are now improving thaks to Dabo's recruiting and Chad Morris coaching. Ball is in our court. Can we beat Fla State? Can we keep Spurrier from beating us 4 yrs straight? Can we avoid losing to teams with weaker personnel (i.e. GaT NCSU, BC, MD, UNC)?

If the answer is yes, then SC is talking blah, blah, blah, Until then, SC can state accurately they have owned us for 3 years. When we beat SC this year, we can say sure the SEC is a stronger football conference, and Clemson is better than SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sour grapes-blah man. Let SC have their day thru affiliation

Sep 15, 2012, 9:44 AM

As a die-hard Clemson man since arriving as a freshman 33 yrs ago, I can clearly see the SEC is #1 and has been for 7-8 yrs.

The SEC isn't number 1; Alabama is number 1. The SEC didn't win the national championship last year - Alabama did. The SEC is a political entity - a top-heavy football conference with a bunch of average to below-average times. Yeah you "died hard" alright.

That only changes when Clemson or FSU breaks through and wins it on the field. VaT will not do it. MIA will not do it. In the meantime, SC sure as #### won't do it.

This isn't about Clemson or FSU so let's stay on point.

But the anti-SEC sentiment is only sour grapes and makes us look ignorant.

No what's ignorant is for fans to try to lay claim to another school's accomplishments through conference affiliation. What's ignorant is allowing biased and corrupt television networks, journalists and "commentators" to shape public opinion on this issue then blindly accepting and regurgitating their bogus arguments. That's ignorant.

Fla & Aub have won Natl Championships recently and we have not won in over 3 decades.

True but their fans aren't the loudest ones claiming conference superiority; it's the ones who have NEVER won anything that are the most obnoxious. I'm not trying to diminish anything that Alabama, Auburn, Florida and LSU have accomplished lately. Again they deserve "the shine" that they're getting because they earned it on the field. But tell me again? How does that rub off on the Kentuckys, Vanderbilts and South Carolinas of the world? They get to put their names on the championship trophies too?

Our teams have been soft and weak since Ford left; we are now improving thaks to Dabo's recruiting and Chad Morris coaching. Ball is in our court. Can we beat Fla State? Can we keep Spurrier from beating us 4 yrs straight? Can we avoid losing to teams with weaker personnel (i.e. GaT NCSU, BC, MD, UNC)?

Once again, this ain't about Clemson. It's about BS conference superiority argument and one particular fan-base in particular who have NEVER won anything of significance. You have some good points; they just don't belong on this thread. You might consider starting yet another Clemson vs South Carolina thread.

If the answer is yes, then SC is talking blah, blah, blah, Until then, SC can state accurately they have owned us for 3 years. When we beat SC this year, we can say sure the SEC is a stronger football conference, and Clemson is better than SC.

South Carolina can win the next 25 games straight and they will only have tied things up with us. They have had the better team the last few years and kudos to them on that but I doubt that any of us will be alive long enough to even see them even things up with us so how are they better? South Carolina will NEVER be better than Clemson. Real Clemson fans know this and despite their recent success against us, they know this too.

Sep 14, 2012, 10:30 PM

They are the fat ugly sister in a family full of hotties. No winning. No tradition and living off the looks of the better looking sisters.

Here's a link, it's long but proves a point

Sep 15, 2012, 12:36 AM

http://www.thepostgame.com/commentary/201208/better-without-em-northern-manifesto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

I tried your link but all I got was this...

Sep 15, 2012, 12:42 AM

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=ov-1S8Xxd94

maybe you should get a better app***

Sep 15, 2012, 12:43 AM

Nah, too much too read, too late, cartoons are easier.***

Sep 15, 2012, 12:46 AM

agree 100%.... GO TIGERS***

Sep 15, 2012, 12:48 AM