Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC OOC Scheduling.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

SEC OOC Scheduling.

Nov 12, 2012, 12:50 PM

It's no secret the SEC doesn't play many big OOC games. The biggest games this year so far is the Alabama/Michigan match up. The biggest games will played after Thanksgiving featuring what should be two top 10 battles.

With two weeks remaining, the SEC is 36-7 versus this soft schedule. What's impressive though is the games they do not lose. TAM beat La Tech while Florida pulled it out to beat ULL. I mean that. Top SEC teams do not lose to crappy non-conference teams. They always seem to find a way to win.

So far the ACC is 26-16 in OCC games with some really bad loses i.e. Pitt/VT, GT/MTSU, and Miami/KState/ND. While I admire the ACC's willingness to play big time schools, it isn't helping. I don't think Miami getting killed by KState and Notre Dame will improve recruiting.

I propose that the ACC go to a soft schedule just like the SEC. If every team is 3-0 headed in to conference play, it will help the league just like the SEC. Then only allow top teams such as FSU or Clemson to play other good OOC programs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC OOC Scheduling.

Nov 12, 2012, 1:06 PM

ACC gets to play the rest of the ACC, can it get much softer?

I agree, the SEC does not have a good OOC win

Nov 12, 2012, 1:18 PM

UT over NCSt might be their best win. UF almost lost to ULaLa, ULM beat Arky and took Auburn to OT, Troy and Tulsa gave UT and Arky all they could handle last week. Who knows how good USuC, UF, Bama, LSU, A&M are? All they've done is played each other.

But I wouldnt slam Miami for losing to KSt and ND, thats two of the top three in the nation in the BCS.

Problem with Miami is they weren't remotely competetive

Nov 12, 2012, 1:35 PM

In those two games.

Auburn, Ball State, and Furman.

Nov 12, 2012, 1:21 PM

Which of those supports your argument? I'll give you Auburn...no one knew how horrible they'd be when this game was scheduled. Karma is a beotch for their skating on Cam :)

and that equally crappy team out of Cootlumbia***

Nov 12, 2012, 1:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Just look to their bowl record

Nov 12, 2012, 1:33 PM

SEC teams beat the teams they're supposed to beat

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic