Topic: Running backs for next season
Replies: 17   Last Post: Sep 23, 2019 5:04 AM by: Carlsbad®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 17  

Running backs for next season

[2]
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:12 PM

If Travis doesn’t go pro we will have 6 running backs next year. Lyn j, dukes, Mellusi, Kobe Pryor, and bowman. If bowman is good as advertised I don’t see how we keep him off the field. Of course Travis and lyn j would be 1 and 2. A lot of very good backs just don’t have enough touches a game for everyone. I guess it’s a good problem to have.

#9 is gone, nothing to prove, will test off the charts***

[4]
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:16 PM

Re: #9 is gone, nothing to prove, will test off the charts***

[2]
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:19 PM

I’m not sure. I think he is a different type of person. All the stories about him being a shy kid who is very humble. I feel he is the type that would want to graduate. So I guess we will see at the end of the year. But I feel he is going to pull a cj:

Don't expect it. Just be pleasantly surprised if it happens***

[2]
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:22 PM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Photobucket

[1]
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:25 PM

He’s gone and the coaches know it, it’s why they recruited two backs this year. We have lots of players graduating in 3 years now, with all the academic support.

[1]
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:40 PM

I was thinking the same. I didn’t see it plausible to have 2 running backs committed without the knowledge of Travis leaving.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:30 PM

I haven’t heard him speak of his academics so not sure how close he is to graduating. I thought I remembered him speaking about getting his degree being very important, but we have seen many of our players get their degree in 3 yrs. we had two stay for their senior ye with masters, in fact one had two but I don’t remember his name

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

off. the. charts.***

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:48 PM

2019 orange level member

Re: Running backs for next season

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:34 PM

Been thinking about this as well. Going to assume Trav is gone. Will be lethal with Lyn-J, Melusi, Dukes, Bowman, and the others.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:41 PM

My next question is do we take joe Ngata’s little brother at running back if he wants to come?

[1]
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:46 PM

I'm more worried about QB. If Chase Brice transfers, who we got as backup ?

2019 purple level member

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 9:55 PM

Dj

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 10:43 PM

I think Taisun is more likely the real backup next year while DJ gets his feet wet, hence why they're trying to give him more playing time this year despite the red-shirt.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 11:26 PM

ETN is definitely gone. He was invited and went to the NFL draft combine in April with a few select guys that (like him) are considered extremely likely to declare early.

LJD, Bowman, Dukes, Mellusi should be plenty at RB next year. By the end of the year, we will know how capable LJD is of being a #1 back. I'm not averse to a platoon situation if he is not.

Anyone know if Bowman is enrolling early? If not, it will be tough for him to contribute much next year.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 12:15 AM

Ok, I absolutely LOVE to watch ETN, but (might sound crazy here) Lynn-J might be out best all purpose guy right now. Before yall boo, hear me out. LJD is now running with much better pad level and power. He catches the ball pretty well out of the backfield; something yet to be a strength for ETN. And he is starting to look decent at pass pro. Yes, ETN is still #1, but with what all LJD brings to the table I dont think the gap is that wide.

military_donation.jpg

the gap is wide and it's not close

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 12:34 AM

love LJD... but he still runs too high. ETN is the best back in the country, has the best first step, may be the fastest with ball in hand, and may have the strongest lower body...

He will run over people down the stretch, b/c Dabo understands keeping backs fresh.

2019 orange level member

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 1:47 AM

I said before the season LJD was a more instinctive runner than ETN. Yet we still don't know how he would handle being the #1 guy. If he can, it's all good next year. I believe he can be every bit as good as ETN is now.

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 5:04 AM

I assume ETN will be gone, but it will be interesting to see if Bowman passes Dixon by years end. Looks like we're going to have a deep group next year either way.

2019 white level member

Replies: 17  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: For Sale 4 Tickets in North Stands Lower Deck. Sec UT, Row P, seats 6-12. Parking Pass in Brooks Cen...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
2294 people have read this post