Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Running backs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Running backs

Oct 24, 2013, 10:21 PM

How and when did Tyshon Dye hurt his back must have been when I was in the hospital right before season began and if we need more RB's why is Wayne Gallman in RS thanks Go Tigers!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Running backs

Oct 24, 2013, 10:22 PM

I think Dye was injured in the preseason and I think with Gallman they may want him to bulk up some and we have two pretty solid backs in Hot Rod and Brooks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2013, 10:30 PM

I think Clemson has a number of solid RBs.

Unfortunately, none of them is an elite RB at the moment.

Oct 24, 2013, 10:34 PM

Don't get me wrong I think Howard at certain times can be a solid back and Davidson has shown flashes in mop-up duty but I'm not sure how good he would be going up against an FSU, etc.

Against UGA Hot Rod did look to be elite, but on the levels of a Gurley/Marshall or a Hill we have no one near that at the moment.

Hopefully Brooks can bulk up to the 205-215 range if not more by next year. He has the speed to be a game changing running back for us the next two years.

I'm very hopeful that Dye/Gallman will have a big impact in the offense in the coming seasons.

Of course all of this is predicated on us improving the offensive line. That's first and foremost. A great o-line can turn an average RB into a great RB, and a bad o-line can turn a great RB into an average RB.

Oct 24, 2013, 10:41 PM

I think the FSU game showed there needs to be improvement in recruiting (size & speed) at a number of positions.

Oct 24, 2013, 10:45 PM

Obviously, you can attribute a lot of that to momentum and the fact we were down 17-0 in the first quarter.

Rod ran 11 times for 61 yards though which is about 5.5 yards per carry. That's not too shabby.

But we are in agreement that we need to get bigger and stronger, we have came a long way though since the smaller "finesse" type linebackers.

Oct 24, 2013, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Running backs ]

I understand about the O line that's one thing we always had in my day, but let's go getum tigers give them terps a good exit Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!

Oct 24, 2013, 10:49 PM

I feel like we have good linemen and have recruited better than in the recent past.

It just seems some plays they knock the snot out of people and get down field to block some more (UGA) and some times they just can get a block on anyone (BC/FSU).

Oct 24, 2013, 10:54 PM

Brooks does not have "game changing" speed. He's a good runner between the tackles, but I'm not sure what you've seen that makes you think he has great speed.

null

Oct 24, 2013, 10:56 PM

Well what do you consider game changing speed?

Jacoby Ford***

Oct 25, 2013, 9:16 AM

So guys who run a 4.4 can't change the game but guys that

Oct 25, 2013, 9:21 AM

run a 4.28 can?

No, not at all...

Oct 25, 2013, 9:30 AM

Game changing speed to me is something like blazing back a PR or a KR in a close game, or breaking through defenders and using that "2nd" gear to take it to the house (Spiller, Watkins, Ford type of players).

However, the game is long, and those type of plays do not happen every game. Therefore, a good team will also have the diesel horses to carry the heavy load.

By speed I meant that if Brooks gets an opening he has that

Oct 25, 2013, 9:52 AM

second gear to take it to the house.

When he was recruited that's all people talked about was his speed and versatility to play RB or WR.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic