Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Roughing Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 938

Roughing Question

Sep 16, 2018, 11:26 AM

So I have been wondering about the punt-block in the TCU-OSU game and perhaps someone here can explain this to me. Here are the highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYf5xrBfpYk. The punt sequence starts around 8:05. My question is why is the play not roughing the kicker?

I read the rule and there are a few of phrases that could come into play in deciding whether a flag is in order. One is "obvious that a scrimmage kick will be made." Two, it is not a foul when "outside the tackle box." Third, "when a player other than one who blocks a scrimmage kick runs into or roughs the kicker or holder, it is a foul."

It is a judgement call, but IMO the play should have been flagged as a foul. I would say running into the kicker would be the correct call. Couple that with the blown safety call and I think TCU have reason to feel hard done. I guess that is what you get with ACC officials.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Roughing Question

Sep 16, 2018, 12:30 PM

I think you’re right. It doesn’t look like he got outside the tackle box.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Roughing Question

Sep 16, 2018, 12:38 PM

He fumbled the snap which makes the ball a live ball, then pretty much anything goes. It would have been roughing if the ball didn’t hit the ground.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 938
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic