Topic: Romo is not a good commentator
Replies: 22   Last Post: Jan 21, 2019 12:53 PM by: Surveyingtiger
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 22  

Romo is not a good commentator

[2]
Posted: Jan 21, 2019 12:26 AM

People think he is great but no. Points out obvious stuff that anyone who knows anything about football would already understand. He appeals to people who think he is miraculous with his play predictions but it is already obvious what is coming. And he will not shut up, I swear he thinks he gets paid by the word. The best commentators let the game speak for itself

yeah I'm not really a fan of the play prediction style of football announcing

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 1:35 AM

He's trying to show off more so than call a good game it seems like. Every once in a while is fine but he does it nearly every play.

Re: yeah I'm not really a fan of the play prediction style of football announcing

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 7:09 AM

His commentary was average BUT he knew where Brady was going most every play. If he knew it the KC DC should have known it too.

Re: yeah I'm not really a fan of the play prediction style of football announcing***

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 8:01 AM

Re: yeah I'm not really a fan of the play prediction style of football announcing

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 8:03 AM

I liked TR's game analysis. It was interesting that he could point out the defensive keys the QB uses to know where the open receiver would be before the snap.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 10:38 AM

Agree, his technical info is usually spot on. It's been that way all year. I have watched a lot of games he did.

You'll love this, then.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 4:25 AM

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/tony-romo-afc-championship-game-cbs

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Photobucket

Re: Romo is not a good commentator

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 8:35 AM

So would you prefer Joe Buck or Chris Collingnsworth!

[2]
Posted: Jan 21, 2019 8:42 AM

Anybody is better than Booger McFarland on Monday night. Talk about Captain Obvious that brings nothing from an analysis or commentary standpoint.

Booger is so dumb he was on the NFL film room asking McShay

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 10:20 AM

questions. $EC edumacation

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

He keeps it high energy far better than most

[1]
Posted: Jan 21, 2019 8:44 AM

And very few people are as knowledgeable as you think. From a $ standpoint he is a great fit as he reaches the wimmenz and all networks care about are ratings

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 9:16 AM

I disagree FWIW...there are definitely worse out there

cmpletely disagree - the KC DC had no clue what was coming

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 9:22 AM

His high energy in big games is great - doesn't play well in a week 5 game between Den-Oak. Most fans won't call it.

2019 white level member

I Don't Watch Much NFL, But Romo Was Brilliant

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 9:24 AM

Most color commentators state the obvious over and over and over. Romo gave us a true look from behind center and called most of the plays. I saw one Tweet asking Romo -- What stocks should I buy Tuesday? I agree.

You're FOS dude.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 9:24 AM

I'm surprised by how good he is, and I enjoy the x and o explanations in real time.

I've listened to countless former players and coaches give color commentary, and he is very good at it.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

I was impressed last night...thought he had a crystal ball***

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 9:50 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: I was impressed last night...thought he had a crystal ball***

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 10:15 AM

I like romo and his announcing strategy.

2019 orange level member

Maybe, but > than Phil Simms.***

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 10:20 AM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 10:24 AM

I completely disagree. Think he is easily the best

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 10:40 AM

Yeah this is one of the worst fakes I’ve ever seen here and that’s saying something.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 10:47 AM

I can’t stand listening to him it’s awful. It’s not his content it’s his tone of voice and his style, I feel like I’m watching WWF. It’s terrible. The guys on wccp are going on about how wonderful he is, i #### near have to mute the game.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 10:49 AM

I Think his actual commentary isn’t fine...I just don’t like his voice. Can’t explain it...just bugs me.

Posted: Jan 21, 2019 12:53 PM

I couldn’t disagree more. I would rather listen to him than anyone else. I enjoy the perspective from the eyes of a qb. Then again I really liked when John smoltzs calls baseball games. Same principle he knows exactly what pitch is coming next and explains why. I like that.

Replies: 22  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 lower level section T row Y 4000.00 4 Lowe level section T row OO 3800.00. 50% now balance win ti...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1538 people have read this post