Topic: Robins AFB
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jul 1, 2020 10:19 AM by: cotton scout tiger
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Robins AFB

[10]
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 10:57 PM

I was notified today that a unit on Robins AFB selected me for a Title 5 GS-11 position. I'm not too familiar with the area, however I'm originally from Greenville, SC. Any thoughts or suggestions for home buying in the area, I don't mind a 15-20 minute commute to work.

military_donation.jpg

Congrats Tiger Robbie!

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 11:16 PM

Gut eR Done & Good Luck!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Congrats Tiger Robbie!

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 11:16 PM

Gut eR Done & Good Luck!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: Robins AFB

[1]
Posted: Jul 1, 2020 12:37 AM

Stay in Houston County...which includes Warner Robins and Perry. Not sure if you have children, but the Houston County school system is one of the better ones in Georgia. Most new developments are moving south in the county. Good luck!

And it is HOWston County, not Hewston....

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 9:16 AM

;)

Re: Robins AFB

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 9:16 AM

Congratulations. I moved from Greenville to Macon for work 12 years ago and can't wait to get back within a few years when I retire. Houston county (Warner Robins, Kathleen, Perry) is a pretty fast growing county with good home sites and very good schools if you have kids. Peach County (Byron) is right next door to Houston and is another pretty good area. Schools aren't quite as good as Houston though. Bibb County (Macon) is ok in certain areas (North Macon and West Macon (Lake Tobo area), but you would be about 20 - 30 minute commute to the base. Schools aren't quite as good here either, but they're slowly improving. Jones County and Monroe County are 2 very good counties that are to the East and North of Macon respectively, but the commute would be pretty long (30 - 45+ minutes depending on where you were). Peach and Houston are to the South of Macon. The base is on the far side of Warner Robins from I-75 South and pretty much the whole town is to the left of the interstate.

The other big thing to tell you about is the weather here. We have 2 seasons generally, hotter than hail and slightly cool. There is very little in the way of snow or ice during the slightly cool season.

Hope this helps.

2020 white level member

Bleckley Co (Cochran) and Pulaski Co (Hawkinsville) are nice***

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 10:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: LOWER LEVEL NORTH STANDS SEC UP- ROW C - SEATS 26,28 & 30 (32 YD LINE). SEC UP- ROW E - SEATS 18,2...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1601 people have read this post