Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rivals Update - Flowe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Rivals Update - Flowe

Jul 27, 2019, 11:02 AM

Rivals has a new vote in for Clemson from the publishers:

Oregon, David Berry 04/21/19 11:27 pm
Clemson, Paul Maharry 06/26/19 10:39 am
Clemson, Josh McCuistion 07/25/19 2:52 pm

So the current total on the fan votes are:
School Publishers fans Forecast %
Clemson 2 220 26.2%
Texas 0 132 15.6%
Oklahoma 0 118 13.9%
Georgia 0 78 9.2%
USC 0 51 6.0%

Numbers end of June:
Clemson 1 130 18.6%
Texas 0 128 18.2%
Oklahoma 0 120 17.0%
Georgia 0 77 10.9%
USC 0 45 6.4%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rivals Update - Flowe

Jul 27, 2019, 11:04 AM

What does all of that mean?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He may or may not come to Clemson***

Jul 27, 2019, 11:10 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this ^^^***

Jul 27, 2019, 1:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jul 27, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Rivals Update - Flowe ]

No analysts have voted, yet. Publishers are the media, so their vote is considered more important than the fans. There are only three of those votes, and two of those are Clemson. The one Oregon vote was oldest.

The fan vote is the members of Rivals that can vote in the poll. It costs $8.33 a month to be a member, thus, these would be educated/devoted fans. Since the end of June, the top five schools in the fan vote have not changed, but the total votes of those five since that time has been 90 for Clemson, 4 for Texas, -2 for Oklahoma, -1 for Georgia, and 6 for USCal. In other words, the latest votes greatly favor Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2019, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Rivals Update - Flowe ]

nailed it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 27, 2019, 11:24 AM

The fan vote is absolutely worthless. Ignore it.

The recent votes by experts have some meaning. They mean Flowe is giving off really good signals now about Clemson.

The problem is Flowe has made it clear his decision will go down to the wire. How he feels right now may not mean much. My 2 cents is it depends on who USCw hires after they fire Clay Helton. The new coach (probably a big name, maybe Urban Meyer) will have the opportunity to make a strong closing push to keep Flowe at home.

The bottom line is we know Clemson is truly "in the game". That is all we can ask for at this point.

Jul 27, 2019, 11:30 AM

If Meyer goes to the real USC, how stupid is he going to look? When will he start losing credibility with universities and recruits? I’ll admit he is a wonderful coach and very well spoken (unless he just got beat 31-0), but at some point he is going to be the little boy who cried wolf.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

his menstral cramps seem to come and go

Jul 27, 2019, 12:38 PM

the cramps up when he sees Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2019, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Rivals Update - Flowe ]

Unlike other sites, the only fans that can vote are the ones willing to put up the $8.33 a month to join, so it is not a computer controlled or manipulated number like polls that allow anyone to vote and as many times as they wish. As such, it has value. The greatest value is the trend...and that definitely favors Clemson, which makes it a worthy post and interesting to many. As such, I think it makes the fan vote worth something.

As with all recruiting sites, the polls themselves mean absolutely nothing, right? As you know, the Crystal balls had the Sampah LB 100% Clemson...and those were the "experts"...too bad he chose LSU! But those of us who like to follow what they say still enjoy it!

Yeah but fans are incredibly biased and have no real information aside from

Jul 27, 2019, 2:39 PM

what they read on message boards and in recruiting articles. Where is the value in their vote?

At least when somebody like Wiltfong makes a CB on 24/7 you can assume that hes basing it on real information that hes obtained from his sources.

So in other words, he may or may not come to Clemson.

Jul 27, 2019, 7:35 PM

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah but fans are incredibly biased and have no real information aside from

Jul 27, 2019, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Yeah but fans are incredibly biased and have no real information aside from ]

You have no idea what you are saying. I spent big buckaroos at Madam Joshepine’s Fortune Telling shop to know what he is going to do!!!

Jul 27, 2019, 1:15 PM

God I hope this kid doesn’t #### away his potential and stay out west.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jul 27, 2019, 7:54 PM

right, because schools out west do not know how to play football?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2019, 8:19 PM

Not for at least the last decade. Pac-12 football is not in a good place compared to the rest of the Power 5.

Jul 27, 2019, 8:47 PM

I can't disagree with your assessment of Pac-12 football in recent years from an overall perspective, but let's not pretend that playing at a school like the real USC wouldn't provide him with ample opportunities to both prepare for the NFL and prove himself to scouts.

Jul 27, 2019, 10:39 PM

When did we start letting paying members on Rivals decide where the kid goes? It might be better if we let these recruits make their own decision.

JK - I can't believe we actually (attempt to) make these predictions.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic