Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ridiculous
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,694

Ridiculous

Jul 12, 2020, 8:42 PM

https://www.facebook.com/lesa.fisherpatten/videos/3151129788277372/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do not know why it listed same video 3 times*

Jul 12, 2020, 8:50 PM

It's a TNet bug

Jul 12, 2020, 8:53 PM

I've yet to figure out what triggers it, but it happens quite a bit when posting links.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled "criminal."***

Jul 13, 2020, 1:22 AM

Re: Ridiculous

Jul 13, 2020, 1:37 AM

Did he travel to Russia, Russia Russia!

Why do they label them COVID? They make more money per COVID patient and it keeps things

Graphs change

Gives reason

Some enjoy more numbers

Commute the

Syndrome

Keep things

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 13, 2020, 3:16 AM

He cut off the the later part of that briefing where she explains it more clearly. But this is the world we live in where you can take a small section of a video add your commentary that alters the meaning so it appeals to your world view. I do it everyday in my job too.

you struggle so very hard to be a good Liberal

Jul 13, 2020, 3:50 AM

I feel for you; I really do.

Re: you struggle so very hard to be a good Liberal

Jul 13, 2020, 9:59 AM

I do find people like yourself, Who labels anyone who disagrees with them, as a “liberal”.

I am no liberal and never have been, but I have two neighbors who are doctors, another who is a dentist who take this virus extremely serious. My parents neighbor, a perfectly healthy 72-year-old man, died from it within two weeks . It’s nothing to politicize or joke about

Masters degree, 3 professional certifications, 15 years @ C-

Jul 13, 2020, 2:45 PM

level.

Im sorry that I don't live down to your ridiculous generalizations about Conservatives.

I have no problem with Liberals. I have every problem with Liberals who have no thought process behind their opinions other than to spout out the tired rhetoric of the 1960's. I'm old enough to have been 2 years from being drafted to Vietnam, so buddy, I've been there watching their monotonous anti-war, anti-guns, anti-slavery, anti-American, pro-drugs, pro-feminist BS for a long time.

Now we're down to 20-year-olds, repeating the same BS without historical context and experience to know any better, at the behest of 60-year-olds repeating the same BS because they never grew up.

Only in a Country with the innate love and understanding like the USA would people like these be tolerated for even one political cycle. As far as I am concerned, they can all go to China and lie under a tank.

So you're pro-war and pro-slavery...?***

Jul 14, 2020, 9:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Digimini please enlighten us

Jul 13, 2020, 6:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Ridiculous ]

With the explanation that helps clarify the woman’s comments about the classification ? Perhaps link the whole piece. I’d like to consider it.

That narrators comments made no difference.

Jul 13, 2020, 7:48 AM

She was 100% clear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone else think J. B. Pritzker looks like a mob boss out

Jul 13, 2020, 6:55 AM

of Central Casting?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is true if you have COVID when you die

Jul 13, 2020, 9:12 AM

no matter what the cause of death, (car accident, heart attack, BLM member shoots you) you are listed as a COVID death for the stats.

Last weekend I had dinner with my cousin and his wife who are both doctors (in Austin, TX) and a friend in 3rd year of med school at Wake Forest. They all agreed this is the process being used.

What really concerns me,

Jul 13, 2020, 10:15 AM

at a ripe old age I want to be killed by a jealous husband. I'm afraid that if I test positive at that same time, my obituary will be boring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not ridiculous at all.

Jul 13, 2020, 10:44 AM

No one actually "dies of COVID", so, it's never attributed as such on a death certificate. Noting a positive test on a death certificate isn't over reporting, that's simply recording an underlying condition.

Further, the total lack of testing in February and March probably *did* lead to substantial under reporting of COVID as an underlying condition of death.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SHhhhh.... That doesn't fit the narrative.***

Jul 14, 2020, 9:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not ridiculous at all.

Jul 14, 2020, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Not ridiculous at all. ]

Exactly. I've had two close relatives die within the past 2 months, and both had multiple causes of death listed(neither included COVID). If a person has diabetes and dies after having a heart attack, was it only the heart attack that killed them, or did having diabetes contribute to them having the heart attack?

If a person has COVID and dies after having a heart attack then were they going to have a heart attack at that same exact moment had they not caught COVID, or did the extra stress on their body from the virus contribute to the heart attack? These questions are why you'd likely see both causes along with any other underlying condition that may have contributed on a death certificate.

I think people are getting way too caught up in COVID being on a death certificate. The hospitals aren't getting paid extra if someone dies from the virus. They may get paid a set amount from medicare and insurance companies whenever they have to use a ventilator or just for general treatment of a COVID patient, but there aren't additional funds that appear if that person dies.

Has the definition changed over the past few weeks?

Jul 13, 2020, 4:53 PM

If not, the increasing trend is still alarming albeit with a lower overall total.

If somebody is having a difficult life with multiple health issues, and COVID pushes them over the edge ... this seems like an accurate COVID death. Example: My 92yo neighbor is on oxygen and has seen better days. He's still kicking, but COVID would likely be a death sentence for him.

If somebody is in hospice and declared week's away from death, or in a car wreck ... this does NOT seem like an accurate COVID death.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 9:31 PM

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/what-economists-can-teach-epidemiologists

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,694
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic