Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Richt Calls Out SEC, Takes Strong Stand on Suspension Policies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,496

Richt Calls Out SEC, Takes Strong Stand on Suspension Policies

Jul 30, 2013, 10:09 AM

http://bulldawgillustrated.com/2013/07/30/richt-calls-out-sec-takes-strong-stand-on-suspension-policies/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him

Jul 30, 2013, 10:20 AM

He's tired of having his kids suspended while the rest of the SEC's players run free and do whatever they want. I don't blame him at all for that.

He could have a lot less suspensions though if he would stop recruiting so many guys of questionable character. It's a double-edged sword.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said it before and I will say it again....

Jul 30, 2013, 10:22 AM

I think very highly of Mark Richt and while I also think he could improve on his decision making when it comes to judging the character and integrity of the players he recruits, you do have to give him credit; once he gets them on campus and they get themselves in trouble, unlike alot of other coaches, rather than rationalizing or excusing inappropriate conduct, Richt will suspend them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Better for kids with a propensity to get in trouble to be...

Jul 30, 2013, 10:28 AM

with a coach like MK or Dabo than SOS or Les Miles. Thing is, Clemson won't have em. Maybe Coach Richt can save a few. Personally, I don't think Coach Richt back away from the job of working with these kinds of kids. I don't think Dabo would either were it not for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three thoughts.

Jul 30, 2013, 10:24 AM

That's something grads can be proud of, something that most of the fans hate and something most of the rest of the conference fans laugh at.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with all 3***

Jul 30, 2013, 10:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well stated....Unfortunately, the third part rings true for

Jul 30, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Three thoughts. ]

many people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Richt Calls Out SEC, Takes Strong Stand on Suspension Policies

Jul 30, 2013, 11:35 AM

Thank you for you view on this without tainted lens. Most every program has issues much like Georgia's. The perception of the Georgia players is much worse than most because of the public awareness due to the punishment given. The real problem kids, like a certain un-named running back, don't get as many chances ... or un-named QB. It looks like one of these two have gotten their life back on track. You would think that with such stiff punishment and aggressiveness of the local PDs these kids would learn ... but kids will be kids.

Coach DS appears to be woven of similar cloth. Proper punishment does give the kids another chance. No punishment at all reinforces the improper behavior of the kids.

Agreed. I just don't buy into all this, "They're only 18 and

Jul 30, 2013, 4:02 PM

21-years-old" crap as excuses for bad behavior. There are too many men and women those ages serving honorably in our Armed Forces, many facing combat and many of those responsible for others' lives.

Only when our coaching staffs across the nation adopt the same attitudes of Mark and Dabo will we begin to clean up the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed. I just don't buy into all this, "They're only 18 and

Jul 30, 2013, 11:57 AM

I somewhat agree with you, but I have a 22 year old in Afghanistan right now ... very responsible kid ... been on several international mission trips ... etc ... some things about the brain just don't start working reasonable until about 24/25. He has made a couple of bonehead decisions.

You are correct that they are personally responsible for the decisions that they make ... and it is a choice. When those poor choices are made proper punishment is the only appropriate action.

As bad as I hate to say it. I would rather have a Dabo or Mark. It may cost a win or two, but in the things that matter it is the right decision.

Re: Richt Calls Out SEC, Takes Strong Stand on Suspension Policies

Jul 30, 2013, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Richt Calls Out SEC, Takes Strong Stand on Suspension Policies ]

Very well said sir!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,496
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic