Topic: Rewatching the game , again
Replies: 3   Last Post: Sep 25, 2017 6:32 PM by: smillsap1
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3   Pages: 1  

Rewatching the game , again

[3]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 6:07 PM

That first long pass to Cain, MW7 would have laid out and made that catch. Noticed at least one other by Cain and one by Higgins that MW7 would have also caught.,maybe a few more, I just picked the 3 easy ones.Higgins is a freshman and will improve, it's time for Cain to become the Cain we know he can be.

I agree and saw the same thing. Deon is a tremendous talent

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 6:09 PM

and will likely make millions of dollars catching footballs one day, but he definitely half-arsed his effort on that play. My eight year old son even noticed it.

Re: Rewatching the game , again

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 6:24 PM

As a fan and spectator, I agree, it did look like a lack of effort. However we have no idea what was going through his mind... maybe his balance was thrown off and a dive wouldn't have gotten to the ball?

If I recall correctly he had 2 defenders breathing down his neck. I'd like to think that he was staying upright to fight for the ball if he had to! Either way, you're right, Mike would have made the attempt.

Re: Rewatching the game , again

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 6:32 PM

Coach Swinney talked about some instances of effort "not to the standard", and I thought about that pass to Cain. Rewatching the game I also thought he had a chance to lay out for it, but maybe he lost the ball until it was too late.

Replies: 3   Pages: 1  
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
874 people have read this post