Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rewatched the game play by play on offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Rewatched the game play by play on offense

Oct 1, 2019, 8:01 AM

Our team did not execute well:
ETN missed the hole
Trevor overthrew and tried to through to guys double teamed when there was a wide open receiver
OLine miscues
Bad reads by TL
Fumble

My impression during the game was bad play calling but when I re-watched it on MANY of the busted or low gain players we poorly executed. Yes, there were some questionable play calling but it looked like our offense was sleep walking much of the game. Honestly made me wonder if they were ill or partied too much.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rewatched the game play by play on offense

Oct 1, 2019, 8:04 AM

It just seemed like everyone with the team had an off day. I've sort of chalked it up to that. The fact we still managed to win was great. Often you dont. Plus we now have two weeks to correct stuff and improve

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2019, 8:05 AM

Yeah maybe TL needs better OL protection. He still is growing and needs an extra sec to make the right read.

Oct 1, 2019, 8:13 AM

Agree with you .The team was not up for the game( go tigers)

With the exception of ‘partied too much or ill’

Oct 1, 2019, 8:17 AM

good points.

I believe another thing overlooked is the fact we have almost 80 fr/so players. Granted, the OL and more than a few of our starters are upperclassmen, but no matter how much they say they take no team for granted or assume a win, when the line is 27.5, your opponent just lost to App State, we’ve played poorly but won by double digits to date, etc. - when you aren’t fully up for the game and the opponent comes out supercharged (as UNC did), Saturday’s game is what you can get.

Like so many have said, this is/was a great ‘wake up game’ without actually losing the game.

I’m feeling pretty good about our Tigers going forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: With the exception of ‘partied too much or ill’

Oct 1, 2019, 8:27 AM

I think the game really took a turn with ETN's fumble. That was an offensive drive that was really clicking. Looked more like what we all expected.

If that drive end's in 7, the whole dynamic turns.

That sparked their hope, and led to a quick drive to regain the lead. XT was "so close" to getting Howell on the TD pass.

imho

Add in 150 degrees on the field

Oct 1, 2019, 8:27 AM [ in reply to With the exception of ‘partied too much or ill’ ]

I know in the stands it was hotter than heck. Brutal weather for the end of September. The environment was as loud as I ever remember in crapel hole. Good Tiger Win!

Re: With the exception of ‘partied too much or ill’

Oct 1, 2019, 8:28 AM [ in reply to With the exception of ‘partied too much or ill’ ]

Also add that we have an open date this week to everything you just said. Imagine showing up to work on a Friday before having the entire next week off. Not only that, but you go into the day thinking it's going to be an easy day. You only have one thing to do, and it's supposed to be an easy task that you can do without much stress.

Then something unexpected happens, and you have to snap out of it, and get your work done. Except in the case of the game, you already didn't take a lot of the prep needed for success as seriously as your opponent did, so you just have to figure out a way to get through it.

Oct 1, 2019, 8:31 AM

I thought the fumble alone was a giant momentum killer. Just when it looked like our offense was back in rhythm, that fumble really set us back. I've criticized play-calling a time or three in the past. But yes, the problem was execution and mental errors by the team.

Oct 1, 2019, 8:47 AM

I was at the game too and I noticed that ETN would abandon his block too early when pass blocking a few times that lead to TL getting hit and sacked. I was surprised that LJD was not in more as he has been better this year at pass blocking.

Oct 1, 2019, 11:01 AM

I don't know about ETN abandoning his block, but he got run over a few times by their #21. I love ETN but he was out matched on Saturday.

ETN kept outrunning his blocker everytime he ran a sweep***

Oct 1, 2019, 8:48 AM

Your post is too rational. Not hot takey enough.***

Oct 1, 2019, 8:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic