Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reviewed last year's FSU game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Reviewed last year's FSU game

Oct 21, 2018, 11:01 PM

Our offense was very limited by KB's run-first mentality and unwillingness to go down field with the pass. Add the two fumbles inside the five, and we looked to be a very incompetent NC contender. And as our semifinal game showed, we were not as good of an opponent for Bama as we should have been. If we continue on our current path, we will be light years ahead of last year's CFP team. Watch, for yourself, last year's FSU game and compare it to Saturday's NCSU game. This year's team, with TL at the helm and ETN running better than he did last year, bears no resemblance to the KB-led version. I predict great things this year. What do you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we cover the 17-pt spread

Oct 21, 2018, 11:09 PM

by halftime

Again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Your analysis

Oct 22, 2018, 12:29 AM

Is spot on. Kelly B was going to hold this offense back as long as he was here and getting snaps. We would have been better off last year getting HJ ready to play, starting him instead of Kelly B, and transitioning KB to whatever position he might be able to play in the league. My grandma could have beat the coots and Miami last season with our defense. With more 1st team reps and field experience, HJ may have actually beaten Syracuse. Why Zerrick Cooper was on the field still puzzles me.

It would have been better for us and for Kelly B to get him off the field as a QB last year because he wasn’t going to win a CFP game with his limited skill set... and he ain’t EVER going to play a down at QB in the NFL.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your analysis

Oct 22, 2018, 12:34 AM

You're dang strait he'll never take a snap as a NFL QB. He's an amazing athlete, but not a QB on that level. He could however be a Terrelle Prior type player and cross over to a WR. The kid needs good people in his ear telling him the TRUTH instead of what he wants to hear.

Hopefully he ends up at Arkansas with CM and ol' Chad can help him make the best of what time he has left.

Re: Reviewed last year's FSU game

Oct 22, 2018, 12:34 AM

I've read that FSU has a good pass rush, but I also remember Samford being able to drive the ball down field on them.

If we can provide some good pass protection it could be a long day for the Notes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 12:47 AM

Their offensive line is still terrible & our D-line will feast on Francois or Blackman or any other poor sap they throw back there. We should be able to slow down Cam Akers down pretty good as well. They will get a few plays off for sure, but this team is still the same team Samford ran all over.

TL & our backs will have another big game! But they still have great speed on the defensive side of the ball. Not as deep as they have been in the past & I would suspect that by the mid way point of the second quarter they start showing that.

Tigers 38-17 over the Criminoles!

KB moved on. We should too.

Oct 22, 2018, 5:59 AM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB moved on. We should too.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:59 AM

As the OP, my point is that we're in MUCH better shape with TL at the helm and with the growth in number and quality of our many offensive weapons. We're headed in the right direction and hopefully we haven't peaked yet. My post was about our PRESENT and our FUTURE, not our PAST.

Re: KB moved on. We should too.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to KB moved on. We should too. ]

As the OP, my point is that we're in MUCH better shape with TL at the helm and with the growth in number and quality of our many offensive weapons. We're headed in the right direction and hopefully we haven't peaked yet. My post was about our PRESENT and our FUTURE, not our PAST.

Oct 22, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Reviewed last year's FSU game ]

Clemson is only allowing 13 points a game. FSU will score 10-16 points. They won’t get 17.

Clemson scores at least 40+ points. 41-13.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic