Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember when coach scott/Elliot looked like offensive geniuses?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Remember when coach scott/Elliot looked like offensive geniuses?

Sep 26, 2018, 7:12 AM

When we had Dashaun Watson offensive coordinators scott/Elliot looked like offensive geniuses. There play calling wasn’t so bland and vanilla. Then when Kelly Bryant took over they called plays based on his strengths and what Kelly Bryant could do. And the play calling was predictable and vanilla. Now Trevor Lawrence is the starter we can get back to a Dashaun Watson type offense that stretches the feild more. One that’s not so predictable and vanilla a very explosive offense. Now I love Kelly Bryant and I think he should play but the coaches will determine all that. I’m excited about what we will see Saturday. A expensive offense that looks unstoppable! Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the QB isn't good enough to win games on his own, all you

Sep 26, 2018, 7:18 AM

to do is stop Snell. Kentuckys offense starts and ends with him.

double team allen and even an Averge qb like Bently can play well enough to beat Kentucky. you guys have a good shot at beating them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: the QB isn't good enough to win games on his own, all you

Sep 26, 2018, 7:24 AM

Don’t tell me the coots have a good chance of winning. I want Kentucky to stomp there a**. I hope for a big Tiger win and a big coot butt kicking every week! Go Tigers

I don't think you'll have trouble finding tickets

Sep 26, 2018, 7:32 AM

sure Kentucky is ranked, but it is still Kentucky. I doubt they show up for a game vs SCAR. you should be ok.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Remember when coach scott/Elliot looked like offensive geniuses?

Sep 26, 2018, 7:28 AM

I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt on being a tiger fan. The coaches have called enough plays correctly to be one of the top programs in college football. Why would you focus play calling on deep passes for a guy who is obviously more of a runner. That wouldn’t be good play calling and would cost you games.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:32 AM

" Then when Kelly Bryant took over they called plays based on his strengths and what Kelly Bryant could do and the playcalling was predictable and vanilla "

We won 16 games and lost 2 while Scott and Elliot called KB's plays as our starter. So are you saying their playcalling was excellent or that KB played his tail off and won a bunch of games for Clemson ... because either way it's within reason based on our results .

DB23

Sep 26, 2018, 7:36 AM

Kelly Bryant played his tail off and deserves credit for that. Even with vanilla play calling you can beat most teams with pure talent. With the exception of teams like a Alabama like last year. But Kelly Bryant no doubt should still play and help us win. He’s a winner

Sep 26, 2018, 7:34 AM

With a healthy KB taking a lot of snaps for a year and a quarter, our Tigers got to 15-2, won the ACC, beat Louisville (8 game winner), FSU, VT(9 game winner), Auburn (10 game winner), and Miami (10 game winner). We were also top ranked, got everyone's best game and made the playoffs. That's what I remember.

I am a Tiger fan and I like our team more than any one player. I'm not in KB's corner or TL's corner. I like our recent 53-5 record in games called by Scott/Elliot. I'm pretty tickled over that over the last 7 years we've won 86 games, which means only Bama has won more games that the teams offensively coached by Scott/Elliot over a really long period of time.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 9:11 AM

What ?? Good OC's tailor their game plan with the players they have, and not trying to make a player fit a predetermined game plan. If anything, it shows how good our coaches really are. SMH

Sep 26, 2018, 9:23 AM

Actually, there is a contingent of folks on here that think Chad Morris was not all that great at tailoring his offense to the player like our current OC's seem to be able to do. I am probably one of those. It was amazing to watch Cole Stoudt play in the bowl game with the new OC's. He seemed to be more productive doing what he was best at, and not just what the coach expected him to be able to do.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic