Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember when Nuk thought
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Remember when Nuk thought

Aug 19, 2018, 1:49 PM

Tom Savage gave the Texans a better chance at winning. Glad he finally got a QB that can help in that department.. By the way savage in now in NO. Good luck with that!! DW4

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/08/04/sorry-deshaun-watson-deandre-hopkins-wants-tom-savage-to-start-at-qb-for-texans/?utm_term=.7ec5d825282c

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yet hordes of Tiger fans lobby for KB over TL

Aug 19, 2018, 2:07 PM

Because of KB's "knowledge of playbook, experience in system, work ethic, seniority, etc." but not ability, talent level or performance. I have not heard one Tiger fan say "you know what ... KB is just more talented and has more upside than TL."

How many of these fans will laugh and pat themselves on the back in the months and years ahead as TL outperforms on the field? Seems like all Savage supporters in 2017 including Nuk (I just said it because that is what coach and team needed to hear) have forgotten Savage for 11 months. Remember Dabo and BV had Tee Higgins and Tre Lamar as second string going into the spring game and summer practice. That facade did not last long ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And yet hordes of Tiger fans lobby for KB over TL

Aug 19, 2018, 2:33 PM

That’s any team sport from a player perspective. You don’t want a split locker room and as leader of the team Nuk had to show support for the less talented starter until the coaches made the move. Much like Cle did the same thing for Kelly B.

Now as fans, yes we don’t have to give the coach speak per se. I know Trevor is more talented just like anyone else with eyes and a basic understanding of the game. However, hope we keep it civilized when Kelly starts and remain civil until TLaw takes over. KB is a good leader and QB, just unfortunate he was sandwiched between 2 ultra rare talents.

Just watched replay of Tajh Boyd vs Ohio State Orange Bowl

Aug 19, 2018, 4:13 PM

You say Kelly is just sandwiched between two extraordinary talents. Well yes, both DW4 and TL are all that. But I must say watching Tajh - he not only is clearly a far better passer than KB, he is also a far better runner. Watch the games and tell me I'm wrong.

Kelly Bryant is a good guy, a Tiger, and I wish him all the best. But he is in last place in this comparison with three other Clemson QBs.

I will say this - when KB runs out as the starter in game one - I will be cheering him on all the way. And when he runs down the hill at the end of the season on Senior Day he will get that same respect again. DW4 and TB were a couple of Clemson greats. At least in my opinion KB doesn't rise to that level.

Re: Just watched replay of Tajh Boyd vs Ohio State Orange Bowl

Aug 19, 2018, 6:45 PM

Mostly agree with all and yes completely left out Tajh who I love as a QB. He had one game a year where he was mentally beaten (junior) but other than that he was one of the all time greats at Clemson and the ACC.

Only thing I disagree with is Chase Brice ahead of KB. 2 of his ints were bad with one being horrible. He will be a heck of a QB assuming he sticks around for his 1 year but right now I think KB gives us a better chance to win. With that said TLaw gives us the best.

No, we lobby for you to realize the

Aug 19, 2018, 4:05 PM [ in reply to And yet hordes of Tiger fans lobby for KB over TL ]

coaches know more than the fans. If the coaches say either QB won the job, I don't care who it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not lobbying for anything.

Aug 19, 2018, 6:40 PM [ in reply to And yet hordes of Tiger fans lobby for KB over TL ]

I believe what the coaches say and assume that's what has and will happen since I have only seen one scrimmage and not a QB coach..

Lobbying for any QB and causing divisiveness is counter-productive for our football team.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic