Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember the 2018 USUCK game when Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Remember the 2018 USUCK game when Clemson

Sep 28, 2020, 11:00 AM

“only won by 3 touchdowns”? I attended that game. Sure, the coots showed some fight and were able to move the ball. The Tigers had the game in hand and knew it, though. They had some fun with it and could afford to let off the gas.
I later got into an argument with a Coot friend, who had the ignorance and audacity to say Clemson’s defense was overrated if they let USUCK run up the score on them. He and other Coots were so excited to have only lost by 21 points to Clemson. I told him, “This is why your program will continue to be mediocre at best. Because of fans like you, who are happy to lose to your in-state rival by 21 points. You are actually okay with that and continue to buy the tickets season after season.” USUCKERs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In hindsight it's pretty clear that maybe the Defense

Sep 28, 2020, 11:06 AM

was more focused on the ACCCG, CFB Playoff Semifinal, and National Championship Game.

As much as the Rivalry still means to the fans, the players have bigger fish to fry these days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In hindsight it's pretty clear that maybe the Defense

Sep 28, 2020, 11:22 AM

I think you're right. I also think our seniors were enjoying their final game in DV while knowing the opposing defense could do nothing to stop our offense. I was frustrated at the time that were were giving up so many points, but that was mainly because I didn't want their fans to have any reason to be happy. I never had a single thought about us being at risk of losing the game though.

Clemson's gotten so good, and the cawks have gotten so bad

Sep 28, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to In hindsight it's pretty clear that maybe the Defense ]

that we sometimes just overlook them now and actually let them score a few points.

Re: Remember the 2018 USUCK game when Clemson

Sep 28, 2020, 11:20 AM

That and how their fans spend so much time being proud of the SEC. It's fine if you want to take pride in your conference, but that shouldn't take the place of the success of your own program.

Sep 28, 2020, 2:43 PM

Usually, when you take pride in your conference, you have done something along the way to contribute to that prideful feeling. These guys have done ZERO things in 28 years to contribute to that dreaded, untouchable SEC. if all you got to hang your hat on is someone else’s accomplishments, it’s pretty pathetic like they are.

uof6c was barely an afterthought...

Sep 28, 2020, 11:30 AM

Clemson had bigger chickens to fry and was clearly looking ahead to those games...and still won by three TD.

When moral victories are pretty much all you have, I suppose you cling to them like grim death.

They're still barely an afterthought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I also got into an argument with a coot about that game

Sep 28, 2020, 2:51 PM

I explained to him that one of two things happened.

1 - the coots exposed a potential weakness in our defense and gave us time to correct it, thus allowing for the dismantling of bama.

2 - the coots were used to let bama THINK there was a weakness in our defense, thus allowing us to dismantle bama when they tried to exploit it.

Either way, the coots did their part in helping us win our 3rd national championship.

Haven't spoken to this coot since.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2020, 7:47 PM

Coach V was playing chess and used the coot game to show fake holes in our defense that he knew Sabin would pickup on and try to exploit and it resulted in two key interceptions in the natty blowout.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic