Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember in 2011 when the Tigers went to Blacksburg
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,378

Remember in 2011 when the Tigers went to Blacksburg

Dec 1, 2020, 8:49 PM

and broke a five game Hokie win streak? Started something big that continues to this day.

It’s not ending up there this Saturday night. Good night Hokies II.

Tigers by a million.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Remember in 2011 when the Tigers went to Blacksburg

Dec 1, 2020, 8:57 PM

Yes I do! I got engaged the next day at Raffaldini vineyards!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 9:50 AM

I got married that afternoon and played the game at the reception. It was probably the last time I watched a Clemson game with my entire family.

Dec 1, 2020, 9:48 PM

What I Remember...

The schedule came out...we were going to have consecutive games against Auburn, FSU, and at VT. Considering how the previous season had ended with losses to Uof6C and South Florida, the chance of losing all three was a very real possibility.

VT turned out to be win #3 of that “murder’s row” and the beginning of something special.

The next chapter is Saturday night.

Go Tigers!!!

Dec 1, 2020, 9:48 PM

What I Remember...

The schedule came out...we were going to have consecutive games against Auburn, FSU, and at VT. Considering how the previous season had ended with losses to Uof6C and South Florida, the chance of losing all three was a very real possibility.

VT turned out to be win #3 of that “murder’s row” and the beginning of something special.

The next chapter is Saturday night.

Go Tigers!!!

Yes. That was a big part of the schedule.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:18 AM

The conversation at the time was could Clemson get thru that part with just one loss.

Makes me realize how much times have changed. Dabo has built the consistent program that he spoke to back then.
The best decade, the best is yet to come...all that.

Easy to lose sight of that now. I hate we lost to ND. This has been a crazy year with CV-19 protocols, players out, injuries, especially in our receiving ranks. Quite the testament to this staff for holding things together as well as the have. I can imagine that’s why Dabo is so frustrated with the Fla St. deal. Takes a lot of work to keep folks out of close contact protocols and CU has done a really good job to date. Anyway, if the Tigers get to the ACCCG intact, we have a good chance to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 11:52 PM

Yes, I made both games with them in ‘11. There was a very cold rain blowing around in Blacksburg for the first of October. The beating we were inflicting worked wonders for blocking out the chill that night. Charlotte, more of the same...cold and a worse beating that produced the first of many ACC titles in the last decade.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,378
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic