Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recurring Dreams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,924

Recurring Dreams

Jan 23, 2018, 3:55 PM

Over these many years I have recurring dreams re being back in military service, back in college and out on the golf course. My dreams have had me in every branch of the military and usually in some scary situations. My "back on college" dreams have found me totally unprepared for an exam or not being able to find the building where my class was to meet. Golf courses? It was usually some unbelievable lie or problem. Never did I make a hole in one on the course or in my dreams.

The other night I had a golf dream. On a par five, my second shot rolled up close to the green just missing a sand trap. From afar it looked like I had a clear shot to the hole. When I arrived at where I though my ball had stopped, it was not there. The ball was sitting on top of a small log with a small limb directly behind the ball. Glancing at the green and flag placement, was another tough problem. In the middle of the green was a trap, the upper edge about three feet high. On the upper level of the green, close to the edge was the flag. Thank goodness, I woke up just in time before I was to hit the ball off the log.

Now, for A true story. I could write a book on comical events I have seen and been a part of on golf courses. My friends always said I could talk a pretty good game and it was a shame my game couldn't match my words. It was a lot of fun during the time I chased the ball over hill, over dale and most often, through the woods. But I digress.

Many years ago I was playing the course at Edisto Island. I was alone and the starter asked if I would like to play with another single. I was agreeable and since we both had a cart, asked the gentleman if he would like to share a cart. He said he preferred to ride alone so we each had a cart.

When we were at the No. One tee, I asked him about his game. He said he had never shot over 72 in his life. I was about a 10 handicapper at that time and thought to myself, "I'll watch his game and maybe I can pick up a few pointers to improve my game". He told me to tee off first, so I did, and as luck would have it, I had a nice drive. His first shot was a "dribbler", about 50 yards down the fairway. He took a mulligan and his second shot from the tee was not much better. Naturally, I thought he was just needing to make a small adjustment to get his game in gear.

After we finally finished the first hole, I realized if he was not going to shoot over 72, he was going to have one heck of a game on the remaining 17 holes. The second hole showed no improvement.
In fact, instead of improving as we continued to play, his play became even worse. Eventually, he picked up his ball, told me he had reached his 72 limit and was heading back to the clubhouse. I finished the round alone but with every stroke I had a good laugh about my former playing partner.

When I returned to the clubhouse I told the pro about my experience. He said the gentleman lived near the course and prided himself on playing every day the course was open but always limited his playing to 72 strokes. I asked the pro if the gentleman had ever played the last few holes, He said, "yes", but only when he teed off on the back nine.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You always peak my interest

Jan 23, 2018, 4:06 PM

And in this case.......I hate golf, so I can't believe I read the whole thing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Recurring Dreams

Jan 23, 2018, 5:04 PM

Funny golf story .
I've had the same college dream about not knowing where a class was or forgetting to study for an exam.
It's a similar dream to being in a play and not learning your lines . It was always a relief to wake up and realize it was only a dream .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2018, 5:19 PM

Awesome story Mr. C.

Maybe those are actually real, Joe.

Jan 23, 2018, 5:23 PM

And TigerNet is just a dre....uhhh...nightmare.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

School nightmare:

Jan 23, 2018, 5:47 PM

Exam week and I haven't been to a class all semester and I cannot find my schedule in my book bag to determine the exam day and time and I've got a lot of studying to do. Then as if it couldn't get worse, suddenly I'm on campus nekid.

It's been almost 35 years since I attended a class at Clemson and I still get that nightmare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: School nightmare:

Jan 24, 2018, 10:46 AM

I am 50 and still get the same dream except for the nekkid part.

I used to dream of being nekkid and tryin to hide, but about 10 years ago my dreams shifted a bit such that I enjoyed being nekkid in them. I suppose that means I am more comfortable in my skin than I used to be. That is prolly typical at this stage of life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2018, 5:59 PM

ME '91
It's been over 25 years since I took my last exam at Clemson. I finally figured out how to study and manage my time and learned to enjoy the learning.
HOWEVER... I also have a recurring dream that I meet a classmate in the stairwell of Strode Tower (for whatever reason) who asks me if I'm ready for that big test today...
What big test? The professor said we had only take the final exam... I panic then wake up. It's horrible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classes & Exams...

Jan 23, 2018, 11:00 PM

did anyone else have Flunking Felder at Clemson in Chemistry?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Classes & Exams...

Jan 24, 2018, 1:09 AM

> did anyone else have Flunking Felder at Clemson in
> Chemistry?

I had someone else but I still flunked

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,924
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic