Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting euphoria part deux...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Recruiting euphoria part deux...

Jan 23, 2019, 8:01 AM

I am having a feeling of euphoria surrounding this 2020 recruiting class that is oddly familiar. We have elite junior day that will be historic in the number of high profile recruits. We have rumors of Clemson leading for the top QB, DE, WR, and strong interest from the top 2 RBs.

I had the same feeling after the last National Championship, the 2018 class. That class was amazing for Clemson, with five 5 star players and several of them playing a pivotal role in this National Championship. I was a little down that the top RB went elsewhere and we missed on some of our OL targets, although we were still able to snag the top OT in the class. Looking back those feelings were stupid. Not everyone has what it takes to play at Clemson. It asks a lot of these young men- they must work every day to improve and nothing is given regardless of your recruiting ranking. I think Dabo has found a way to weed out the less dedicated, privileged players.

So, in this upcoming class not all will chose Clemson, and that’s ok. We just want the most dedicated.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying...

Jan 23, 2019, 8:20 AM

ALL-IN calibre type student-athletes? Thought so!

Good Day~

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting euphoria part deux...

Jan 23, 2019, 8:51 AM

:) :) :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 9:08 AM

Definitely agree with that ClemTig! Clemson is not the right destination for all of the Blue Chip recruits - but Dabo and the coaches ferret out the ones who are ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 23, 2019, 9:25 AM

Others may have a more exact number than I do, but I also think this time around the post NC signing class can be bigger.

We were really strapped for spots in the 2018 class.

I don't think 2020 will be as big as 2019, but we should have more room to take advantage of our success.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic