Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Tigers give out new offer to 2012 PF
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,379

Recruit Update: Tigers give out new offer to 2012 PF

Jul 18, 2011, 11:10 PM

Tigers give out new offer to 2012 PF

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. I sure hope coach Brownell has a special, unique

Jul 18, 2011, 11:37 PM

ability that allows him to see something in recruits that none of our competitors can see.

I was completely blown away by the job Brownell did this past season. Based on that, he looks like, quite likely, the best basketball coach we've ever had. Therefore, I can not doubt anything he does. I understand he is looking for something very specific in his recruits, players that are well suited to his system. Having said that, the very clear trend of going after players that don't have many, if any offers from other ACC schools, or other highly ranked programs has me scratching my head a bit.

Presbyterian? Tulane? Gardner-Webb? If Dabo were recruiting like this, we'd all be up in arms, even if he'd won big the preceding year. It should be interesting to see how it pans out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sounds like a lot of spam & not much steak

Jul 19, 2011, 1:07 AM

The last roly-poly that came out of Charlotte was Ray Henderson & the only reason he kept his scholly is that Chris Hobbs was our only other post player with any skill. Maybe BB broke out the Ouija board and sees a couple of inches of height coming to offset the 260.

How many seasons has BB been here?

Jul 19, 2011, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Wow. I sure hope coach Brownell has a special, unique ]

It'll take a while for him to generate the interested needxed to get high profile recruits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

That could be it.***

Jul 19, 2011, 8:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Wow. I sure hope coach Brownell has a special, unique

Jul 19, 2011, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Wow. I sure hope coach Brownell has a special, unique ]

I do think recruiting has been the knock on Coach Brownell, but I think he is a terrific developer in talent. I think we can expect a blue collar, grind it out, defensive minded team from him. I think fundamentals is another focus which contributes to developing the players. Hopefully after a track record of solid teams he will be able to attrack some players with a more talented skill set upon arrival.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after last years showing of a team I personally expected little from.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,379
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic