Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Swinney visits #1 overall player recently
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 4,438

Recruit Update: Swinney visits #1 overall player recently

Feb 7, 2012, 11:31 AM

Swinney visits #1 overall player recently

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Swinney visits #1 overall player recently

Feb 7, 2012, 11:50 AM

I thought at first maybe it meant his Mom was running for governor in Ala, Ga , or SC for a second.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2012, 12:17 PM

He would look great in orange, but unfortunately I think he is a long shot.

Feb 7, 2012, 2:45 PM

With a very good showing this season with Chads offense. We will be able to get the top recruits also. We have landed them when we wasn't that good. We surely can when we are good....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2012, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Swinney visits #1 overall player recently ]

Based on what?

Feb 7, 2012, 5:09 PM

I agree. If Venables can put a competitive defense on the field and Morris runs the offense like it did last year it will be a huge recruiting advantage. I just see this kid as one of those "SEC only" guys who really just wants to play anywhere as long as it's an SEC school. But I think Dabo's connection with Mickey Conn (his head coach) and the proximity to home and our need for defensive linemen and defensive playmakers all together could be appealing to him. I don't count Dabo and Clemson out until the paperwork is signed and faxed. We all know how unbelievable that first trip to Clemson is and that in itself is a recruiting advantage. I just hope they make a hard push for him. Anything is possible.

Conference actually has little to do with kids decisions.

Feb 7, 2012, 6:05 PM

Hardly ever do you hear a kid say "I want to play in the SEC, Big10, Big12, ACC...whatever". As a matter of fact, the top recruits for FSU, Bama, and Mizzou that were interviewed on signing day were all asked in some way if "the conference" they were in had any influence and they all said, and could tell by their inflection, it had nothing to do with their decision...at all.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Feb 7, 2012, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Swinney visits #1 overall player recently ]

You asked why he is a long shot...

He was asked what schools he was interested in and he listed about nine mostly SEC schools. Clemson was not on that list, therefore... long shot.

Feb 7, 2012, 5:47 PM

But he was asked that question BEFORE he talked to Dabo.
Still hope.
TOL

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2012, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Swinney visits #1 overall player recently ]

Exactly what I meant. He listed Mississippi State which as far as I know is not a football powerhouse and Ole Miss, but his brother goes there so I can understand that.

Not everyone cares about the conference but some kids know exactly what the SEC means... faster players, better competition. Is it better than the upper echelon teams from other conferences? Clemson, FSU, WV, etc.? It is probably closer than some think. But television exposure is important to some and the SEC is ALWAYS on tv. Playing with and against the best is important to most and the SEC is nothing but talent. I'm just pointing out what I saw from the schools he listed. I certainly hope the list was before he talked to Dabo because honestly if it was then I wouldn' count Clemson out. I would put us in the top 10 actually but just looking at his list where it is now, I just can't see it happening.

He goes to my son's high school, Grayson Rams...

Feb 8, 2012, 6:58 AM

They won the state AAAAA championship this year. Frankly, the only challenging game for them was the local in county rival Brookwood. Let me tell you, he is the real deal! He dominates the game on both sides of the ball. Played all D-line positions and ran as a power back. He beat double teams all year and frequently won triple team battles. Saw two play in one game where 2 offensive linemen ended up on their butts on his way to the QB. He's scary fast! He has great hands. Can catch out of the backfield. He NEVER failed to get 2 to 3 yards in clutch situations. His arms are freakishly long. He gets his hands on you and it looks like something from the three stooges. You can't touch him. I'm hoping my son gets the chance to gush over Clemson with him.

Re: He goes to my son's high school, Grayson Rams...

Feb 11, 2012, 8:48 AM

Totally concur. Probably saw about 1/2 the Rams' game this year and quite frankly not really have to show his stuff until just a few games

Replies: 11
| visibility 4,438
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic