Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Prince decommitment update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Prince decommitment update

Feb 11, 2012, 12:05 PM

Prince decommitment update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Prince decommitment update

Feb 11, 2012, 12:20 PM

A lot can happen over the next 11 months. He'll flip flop a dozen more times... hopefully he still ends up a Clemson Tiger.
College football recruiting really has diminished the meaning of the word "commitment."

Feb 11, 2012, 12:46 PM

Keep in mind that he is still considering Chapel Hill, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Should we also keep in mind that he is still considering

Feb 11, 2012, 1:36 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$car
ECU $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
NC $$$$$$$$$$$tate
and Clem$$$$$$$$$$on?

What $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$tanford starts recruiting him. I'm still fumed we lost J Leamon to $$$$$$$$$C $$$$$$$tate.. man, that MEAC needs better control. What do you think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Should we also keep in mind that he is still considering

Feb 11, 2012, 2:49 PM

UNC is the one being investigated for thousands of dollars 'floating around' with the football team. Not Clemson.

Re: Should we also keep in mind that he is still considering

Feb 12, 2012, 1:38 AM [ in reply to Should we also keep in mind that he is still considering ]

I don't understand how a school with the horrid black mark that UNCheat has on them. And it ain't over yet. How in the name of Right can they be getting some of these recruits they are picking up. Something in the milk there still just isn't clean....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I don't like the fact Tigernet

Feb 12, 2012, 6:25 PM

contacted Prince numerous times to get his statement on the issue. Stupid move and a great way to annoy a recruit and leave him with a bad taste in his mouth regarding Clemson! Quit being so egocentric and instead mind your own freaking business!

It should be common sense that when someone breaks off a relationship, the easiest way to push them away further is to contact them numerous times immediately after. If Prince is looking for an excuse to fully ditch Clemson, you're giving it to him by annoying him. If he WANTED to respond to you, it wouldn't have taken you multiple attempts to reach him.

If I hear of anyone from this site doing this again, I'll make some calls and have you removed from Tigernet or have the entire site shut down for compromising our recruits.

Re: Personally, I don't like the fact Tigernet

Feb 12, 2012, 6:33 PM

Haha I read yours after posting mine and am glad to know some one else feels the same way. Having been involved in some recruiting over the years...we have lost a few because of this exact reason. It is one reason Dabo and staff hate these sites.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2012, 7:03 PM

Well if he does not come around, then does he need to explain why he wasted Clemson coaches time and money (travel expenses)?

Its fine if someone wants to keep options open, but someday they need to learn what saying the word "commitment" really means. If you are not sure, then do not shoot off at the mouth saying that you are commited! I don't care where he goes to school, but yes he does need to answer that question.

Feb 12, 2012, 8:17 PM

Get off your high horse, Nick.

Yes, he has an obligation to explain his decommittment...... explain it to DABO & CLEMSON...... NOT to you. He owes you & tigernet absolutely NOTHING. All you currently are is a gnat buzzing around his face after making a decision that was likely quite stressful for him.

You apparently know nothing about human nature. This kid decommitting screams "Put on your white velvet gloves and handle with care!" But no, what does tigernet do? They do the opposite and pressure the kid further, annoy him, and and provide him with an excuse to VALIDATE HIS ACTIONS, allowing him to feel like he made the right decision, you idiot.

^^^Troll^^^***

Feb 12, 2012, 8:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Closet #### fan^^^^^^

Feb 12, 2012, 8:25 PM

Pun intended.
Selling out Clemson football for allegiance to an internet site? What a disgrace you are.

By what your name indicates and is further...

Feb 12, 2012, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Personally, I don't like the fact Tigernet ]

Confirmed by your post...you have had over 12 this Sunday

Re: By what your name indicates and is further...

Feb 12, 2012, 9:03 PM

And yet I still have the common sense to not feel an undeserving sense of self-entitlement by pestering a recruit for answers. ;)

If you're gonna hate on Tnet so bad, then leave their site***

Feb 12, 2012, 9:06 PM

coaches push for the commitments...and I truly think that

Feb 12, 2012, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Personally, I don't like the fact Tigernet ]

these kids think they care happy with their choice. Just because someone is committed does not mean they cannot change their mind. Plenty of people are committed to other people and causes and things change in their view of the world or situations occur than make them no longer committed.

If a coach or staff does not want to worry about someone changing their mind, they should not ever push for a commitment. These young adults have every reason and every right to change their minds.

Re: coaches push for the commitments...and I truly think that

Feb 12, 2012, 8:41 PM

Which is fine. What I responded to was the opinion that tigernet needs to leave him alone and not ask questions...well in my opinion and what common decency dictates is that if you give your word then go back on it, you do owe an explanation!

Re: coaches push for the commitments...and I truly think that

Feb 12, 2012, 9:15 PM

Owe an explanation to whom? To your arrogant self? Who are you?! He owes you nothing.

He owes Dabo, his recruiters, and the University that spent the money on his recruiting an explanation.

And stop being so high and mighty about it. Clemson wasn't forced to spend money on recruiting him. Clemson chose to, just as they spend millions in recruiting athletes all year, much of whom will never wear Purple & Orange. Seriously, your arrogance and seeming hatred toward a kid who changes his mind is ridiculous. What--- all of a sudden he's a bad apple b/c he's a teenager who rushed into a decision just like teenagers often do? Give me a break.

Just go away sunday drunk***

Feb 12, 2012, 9:16 PM

@Tigergirl

Feb 12, 2012, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Personally, I don't like the fact Tigernet ]

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who sees this.... and sees how detrimental it can be. The absolute LAST impression on a recruit's mind after decommitting (or committing for that matter) is feeling pressured or irritated by anything Clemson related.

tigernet excusing their actions using the whole "well he shouldn't have committed if he weren't fully certain" is intolerable IMO. We're talking about high school kids, not grown adults. I've seen a few recruit interviews, and I've witnessed recruits displaying body language etc that would indicate annoyance, irritation, or even discomfort. The last people I want influencing a recruit is someone who has absolutely no affiliation with the program. That's grounds for a lynch mob IMO. lol.

Yes, Clemson spent money on recruiting Prince. CLEMSON did, NOT Tigernet. You hear my tigernet? Prince owes tigernet absolutely nothing.
He only owes Clemson and his coaches/recruiters. If Clemson University and/or the football program wants to share his reasoning, then that's up to them.

Tigernet's ridiculous sense of entitlement is an embarrassment.

Feb 12, 2012, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Personally, I don't like the fact Tigernet ]

LOL, get lost loser. Crump and Bmeist are probably having a good laugh at you moron

Feb 12, 2012, 8:28 PM

LOL @ tigernet annoying recruits yet you call me the moron.

How do you know they're annoying him? You have no clue what

Feb 12, 2012, 9:09 PM

you're talking about and you're the one who is being annoying and will be banned soon enough

Re: How do you know they're annoying him? You have no clue what

Feb 12, 2012, 9:37 PM

Look at you, mr big boy. I see you're one of those internet tough guy pukes who runs his mouth and expects special treatment b/c he has thousands of posts from mommy's basement.

So I guess you'll be banned along with me for your share of attacking then huh? bummer.

Nope i'm safe, i'm not attack the site, so why would I get

Feb 12, 2012, 9:41 PM

banned? Dude your pulse was 32% just a few min ago, now at 22%, just shows no one here likes you troll

Re: Nope i'm safe, i'm not attack the site, so why would I get

Feb 12, 2012, 10:49 PM

Yes sir Mr Hitler. I didn't realize signing up for the site meant stroking it unconditionally while being banned for voicing displeasure in their actions that involve CLEMSON recruits, not tigernet recruits.

I'm not insecure like yourself, and your words don't offend me. I could care less about kissing butt and making others "like me". If that's what this site is about, then I'll refer friends to sites that prioritize Clemson athletics first and foremost.

PS: I have most of my posts in this actual thread. So if my rating is now at 22% or whatever you said, then simple math would say that the same one or two people ran through each of my posts and gave them a thumbs down. So congratulations, you've succeeded in dropping me to near Mendoza line. I'm deeply hurt. I should probably get drunkerer just to cope with this life altering tragedy. lol.

^^^^got beat up by t-net mods as a child***

Feb 13, 2012, 12:06 AM

I didn't realize signing up for the site meant stroking it u

Feb 13, 2012, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Nope i'm safe, i'm not attack the site, so why would I get ]

Thats EXACTLY what it means to be on this site...oh and being a 30-50 year old male who wishes he was still at clemson who only posts about how the coots are literally the sub-human scum of the earth.

Anything less and tigernet hates you...

Just leave and check out shakinthesouthland or cemetery hill if you want actual objective Clemson news and discussion.

Yea....I guess we leave that to Korncoot!***

Feb 12, 2012, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Personally, I don't like the fact Tigernet ]

Feb 12, 2012, 6:32 PM

Why dont you guys leave him alone and let him decide when he wants to talk to you...it is things like this that drive some of the recruits mad and make them change their minds. I have had several recruits tell me that it is the most fustrating time because they feel pressured. Just give them some space when they change their minds...they may come around.....

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic