Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Greer HS QB commits to MD
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Greer HS QB commits to MD

Jun 23, 2011, 11:14 AM

Greer HS QB commits to MD

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Greer HS QB commits to MD

Jun 23, 2011, 11:16 AM

This kid can play and I hate that the maryland got him

did he get an offer from Clemson

Jun 23, 2011, 11:18 AM

were we after him?

null

Re: did he get an offer from Clemson

Jun 23, 2011, 11:20 AM

Mary only D-1 school to offer!! so no Clemson offer

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2011, 11:24 AM [ in reply to did he get an offer from Clemson ]

Maryland is the only D-1A school. From what I heard, he might get offers from NC State and Wake Forest soon unless they back down after last night. He has been to several QB camps within the past few weeks. Cincinnati, Clemson, NC State, Maryland, Wake Forest, and South Carolina to name a few.

Jun 23, 2011, 12:36 PM [ in reply to did he get an offer from Clemson ]

No he's a pro style so I don't think he would fit in here but the kid can play.

they run a spread at Blue Ridge***

Jun 23, 2011, 1:45 PM

Re: they run a spread at Blue Ridge***

Jun 23, 2011, 2:14 PM

He still sits in the pocket

argue much...the kid's 40 time was better than Kelly's

Jun 23, 2011, 2:52 PM

if you don't have to run...why would you. Morris wanted Kelly plain and simple and the kid from Blue Ridge is not a pro-style qb

Re: argue much...the kid's 40 time was better than Kelly's

Jun 23, 2011, 3:18 PM

Well excuse the h3ll out of me I only go to just about every game. Call what you want but he wouldn't be a good fit here

No, he***

Jun 24, 2011, 10:48 PM [ in reply to did he get an offer from Clemson ]

Re: No, he***is a pro style Qb.

Jun 24, 2011, 10:48 PM

nm

Re: No, he***is a pro style Qb.

Jun 24, 2011, 10:48 PM [ in reply to No, he*** ]

nm

Re: Recruit Update: Greer HS QB commits to MD

Jun 23, 2011, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Greer HS QB commits to MD ]

He is good but not that good. It will be interesting to follow him though since he is from around here. I can't see him as a number one QB at Maryland. Stranger things have happened.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why can't Dabo recruit instate?????

Jun 23, 2011, 2:44 PM

we keep getting all these 4 and 5 star recruits from Fla, NY, Ark, and yet a kid from Greer gets stolen right from under our noses!!!.........:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why can't Dabo recruit instate?????

Jun 23, 2011, 2:46 PM

it could have something to do with the coot's mama's and daddies getting some extra stuff if their kid goes to cooterville. that seems to work a little better with the kids closer to home. parents don't have to travel far to take advanatage of being wined and dined in the cootabooses

Jun 23, 2011, 3:14 PM

We didn't offer the kid. Do you people read half the article and then decide to offer up your opinion. He is a pocket passer and Morris wanted a dual threat. He is a great player and will make a great QB but we were only taking one QB this year. Let me repeat for the slow folks....WE DID NOT OFFER HIM SO WE DIDNT LOSE HIM TO ANYBODY.

Jun 23, 2011, 3:19 PM

Oh but some will disagree

Jun 23, 2011, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Why can't Dabo recruit instate????? ]

At least one of you has some common sense. Why would we worry about not getting this kid when nobody else was recruiting him either? Maryland was his only D1 offer. I think we would be happy that our competition is getting sub-par talent.

Jun 23, 2011, 3:46 PM

Oh he's not sub par don't fool yourself the kids at Blue Ridge get NO help from the AD or coaches.

He was the best QB in camp the day Kelly was here.

Jun 23, 2011, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Why can't Dabo recruit instate????? ]

Stolen? I don't believe we offered him. And how many stars was this kid? Offers from Maryland, PC, and Gardner Webb? Dabo is recruiting the best players from the country and if they happen to be from SC, so be it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Really not a big deal, but

Jun 23, 2011, 5:54 PM

When I saw that headline I thought Greer QB, what? Some Blue Ridge fans might get upset over that topic. Those 2 schools despise each other. Years ago there was a near riot at a BR/Greer basketball game, when some Blue Ridge students allegedly yelled a racial slur at a Greer player. The Greer AD said they'd never play them again, but a few years later BR moved up to AAA and was placed in the same conference as Greer. No huge deal, just trying to help keep your inbox from over-flowing over headlines such as this in the future, with the way some people complain. :)

As for the QB, I've seen him a couple of times, and he could be underrated. BR is a country school full of white boys, so I'd like to see him play with some better athletes around him.

Is better athletes code

Jun 23, 2011, 6:41 PM

for black players?

LMAO!! yes!!***

Jun 23, 2011, 7:30 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is better athletes code

Jun 23, 2011, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Is better athletes code ]

Not neccassirly. A couple of schools that have the highest percentage of African-American students than any in Greenville County are horrible in football.

Blue Ridge has never been a football powerhouse. That applies to most schools in Greenville Country, except Greer and Greenville. The football powers are in Spartanburg and the Rock Hill areas.

As a life-long spectator of Greenville County high school football athleticism has always been an issue. Greer is the only Greenville County school with state titles in my life, and Greenville High has produced good teams recently. My theory for the reason is because Greenville is too suburban. Greenville kids don't grow up looking up to home town football players like Spartanburg, Gaffney, and Rock Hill kids. If you're born in Gaffney, you dream of being a Gaffney Indian. When Roscoe Crosby played for Union, the whole town came to a stop on high school Friday nights.

And what if I did say black guys make better wide receivers, because black guys are typically faster? Or white guys make better fullbacks than running backs, because fullbacks don't require as much speed. Is that a no-no, whether it's true or not?

Re: Really not a big deal, but

Jun 23, 2011, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Really not a big deal, but ]

he has a helluva good receiver goin d1. his name is griffin

Jun 24, 2011, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Really not a big deal, but ]

I was at that game and it was not the BR students. It was the Greer players calling our black players the N word and then went to the student section at BR talking junk LMAO that didn't go over like they planned. BR beat Greer 4 times that year and Greer couldn't handle it.
You should have seen the greer bus when they were leaving.
They were very foul mouth and then the next thing I know greer and that little fish wrap they call a paper blame BR.

Jun 24, 2011, 4:08 PM

As a Blue Ridge alum, I'm "very, very proud" our program has a FBS signee for probably the first time ever. This is a big step for the Blue Ridge program.

I hate he won't be at Clemson, but I'm looking forward to Friday nights this fall. He and Bryton Griffin (probable NC St signee) will be doing some great things.

see you there, armsb.

Bryant, Peake, Anthony, Byers, Dodd, Goodson, Humphries,

Jun 24, 2011, 9:44 AM

Maybank, McNeal, Norton, Smith, Seckinger, Townsend, Williams -

That's 14 out of 28 from 2011 class from SC by my count - I would hardly say Dabo "can't" recruit SC????? Maybe this kid didn't want to go to Clemson, or doesn't fit the new offense or doesn't like his chances for playing time given we have two freshman in school, at least one more coming in next year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Re: Bryant, Peake, Anthony, Byers, Dodd, Goodson, Humphries,

Jun 24, 2011, 10:23 AM

Thanks for the list and dispelling the 'myth'.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is a good kid.......

Jun 24, 2011, 6:29 PM

Glad to see him get such a big opportunity. A bit surprised though as I didn't see him as being a D1 QB. But he is a good kid, so you got to wish him the best.

Geez, more old news.

Jun 24, 2011, 10:47 PM

nm

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic