Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Really hope Brad Brownell surprises everyone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Really hope Brad Brownell surprises everyone

Mar 21, 2019, 9:33 PM

and makes the NCAA Tournament next season......no one will expect Clemson to do anything next year and we will probably be picked to finish near the bottom of the conference.......there is always that chance.............right..........Go Tigers!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really hope Brad Brownell surprises everyone

Mar 21, 2019, 10:00 PM

One can hope! Any power 5 school in my opinion should be able to have a decent season every 4 years or so "NOW"! The best players coming out of H.S. all seem to want to click up at the same couple schools; then leave for the NBA.
Teams who have a bunch of kids who have talent in their own right; just not necessarily NBA talent who stay together for a few seasons at mid-majors are often really good. And tough as nails to beat. If mid-majors can do it; why couldn't a p5 school? Is it a matter of not having the cream of the crop; so I won't try to develop talent further than what they arrived on campus? I don't think so.
Some risk may have to be taken on a couple foreign players with size. I think back to the kid Winthrop had from Europe. They were going to the tournament and even beat Notre Dame in 07. Seniors who could play ball. Some European height and skill. The European players have less of a: "it has to be X school or Y school"! They were not on an AAU circuit and decided to play at the same school together.
Perhaps, after the ball get rolling, some of those top recruits start wanting to be a part of all the good going on at Clemson!

ACC is tough; but Clemson should be able to reach out and get players from across the country! Football has made the brand a household name; even in basketball circuits.

It won't come likely by conventional means; it doesn't appear! But, I think Coach B gets it done. "Eventually"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take that Euro scouting job; might even check out some

Mar 22, 2019, 1:28 AM

BB players while I'm there...;~)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 10:02 PM

I thought you were gonna say take another job..

Would be the Brownell thing to do!

Mar 21, 2019, 10:25 PM

Then follow it the next year, with everyone back, by going to the NIT.

Need really good pt guard grad transfer...***

Mar 22, 2019, 5:42 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 5:48 AM

Mar 22, 2019, 6:27 AM

I just hope he can win 20+ games with his best player hurt and earn another postseason berth. Would be yet another successful season

Mar 22, 2019, 11:26 AM

always looking on the bright side. This post title has been the same several times over the past few years.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic