Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Really good info on ACC vs SEC network tier/package availability
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Really good info on ACC vs SEC network tier/package availability

Sep 11, 2019, 8:07 AM

https://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2019/09/accn-vs-secn-tv-packages.html?m=1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: Really good info on ACC vs SEC network tier/package availability

Sep 11, 2019, 9:22 AM

What if you have dish (hughesnet) and want t get the ACCN without supporting the SECN?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really good info on ACC vs SEC network tier/package availability

Sep 11, 2019, 9:33 AM

See this from Comcast:

For years, Atlantic Coast Conference sports aired on ESPN and other networks at no additional cost to customers. Now, ESPN has launched the ACC Network, a new TV network that will carry some of the ACC games. Unfortunately, they are demanding a large fee to carry it. This would mean that all customers, even those who do not watch ACC sports, would need to pay more.

Many ACC games are still available on broadcast and cable channels without the new network. However, in support of our customers, Comcast will not carry the ACC Network until we reach an agreement at a fair and reasonable cost.

https://www.xfinity.com/facts/accnetwork?CMP=KNC-43700046938173226-GOOGLE-380231519947-c-comcast%20acc%20network-e-ACCDispute_BR_Exact_NAT&gclid=CjwKCAjwtuLrBRAlEiwAPVcZBnyqc0uEOSvRyqtRSkCUPDWhHVbWOKJQSHjdlRgfrEjY_WgMjS1DYxoCyEEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

So essentially, for years we've been subsidizing the SEC by paying for the SEC network, but now they're taking the high road on the ACC.

DUMP COMCAST!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure that’s true...

Sep 11, 2019, 9:38 AM

From what I’ve heard/read the ACCN wants B1GN and SECN money without proven viewership. Those networks started cheaper than where ACCN is trying to start. ACCN is trying to jump in at a higher market value based on the other two without proven viewers. Like everything else Swofford does, it’s done wrong.

Also, I get the both those and the longhorn network with U-Verse. Not looking good for getting ACCN too.

Re: Not sure that’s true...

Sep 11, 2019, 9:47 AM

ClemsonZJ said:

From what I’ve heard/read the ACCN wants B1GN and SECN money without proven viewership. Those networks started cheaper than where ACCN is trying to start. ACCN is trying to jump in at a higher market value based on the other two without proven viewers. Like everything else Swofford does, it’s done wrong.

Also, I get the both those and the longhorn network with U-Verse. Not looking good for getting ACCN too.

Not sure about BTN, but that's incorrect on the SECN - it started higher than the ACCN!

As for viewership, what numbers that have been released so far show STRONG viewership for ACCN.

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic