Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reality might be setting in.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,823

Reality might be setting in.

May 27, 2020, 2:48 PM

Check out some of the comments...

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/pretty-sad-how-our-football-program-is-now-perceived.331303/#post-30541119

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought they were getting DE Patterson yesterday..

May 27, 2020, 2:50 PM

but Dabo wrapped him up for Clemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because we're obviously cheating.***

May 27, 2020, 7:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

like how the thread says "is now percieved"....

May 27, 2020, 3:30 PM

those spurrier years were not the norm people. But they sure act like it was.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: like how the thread says "is now percieved"....

May 27, 2020, 4:55 PM

Which is exactly why I don’t feel a bit sorry for them. When they were winning with spurrier, they acted like they had been a winning program for decades. They are a prime example of why you don’t talk crap when your winning and enjoy it while you can.

Re: like how the thread says "is now percieved"....

May 27, 2020, 5:02 PM

My thoughts exactly. They were real terds during their 5 years of relevance. I’ve tried to reason with them that those were five really good years because we were the better team in two and probably equal in another. So it isn’t like they were catching us in a down time of our own. Clemson was on its way back while they were winning, which honestly gives the run much more credibility with me.
But they couldn’t handle success. So for their own sake I hope they stay right where they belong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Spurrier benefited from the upheaval in our program.

May 27, 2020, 6:45 PM [ in reply to like how the thread says "is now percieved".... ]

Without it some of those key players that made those teams what they were would not have went to the gamecocks.

That's because those are the years they became fans***

May 27, 2020, 7:48 PM [ in reply to like how the thread says "is now percieved".... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dirtpeckers' enemy number one:

May 27, 2020, 3:39 PM

REALITY

Re: Nah.........THIS is what they ALWAYS do....

May 27, 2020, 3:49 PM

August: This is the year. We are going 10-1 or 9-2 at worst. SEC championship game. Playoffs. Bwaaaack bwaaack bwaack

September: After beating an FCS team in an opener: We are world beaters. Nobody can stop us. We will stomp the taters.

October: My Gawd, the season's over---I can't believe I was born a gamecock. Fire (insert current head coach). Fire (insert current OC). Bench (insert current QB). Fire (Insert current AD). Our whole season depends upon beating Clemson. This is our super bowl. SEC. SEC. SEC.

November: Oh my gawd, they beat us again for the (insert current Clemson win streak) Nth time. Fire (insert current head coach). Fire (insert current OC). Bench (insert current QB). Fire (Insert current AD).

December: Beaudreaux Butt Paste Bowl in Shreveport if bowl eligible. Or Nobowla. Roll Tide. SEC. SEC. It just means moar.

January: Wait till next year.

Wash, rinse, repeat. See August and start the cycle again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

We WANT them to continue to live fantasy tho... like

May 27, 2020, 3:54 PM

Cycling out and cycling in statements and beliefs. Stuff like that needs to be what they think is happening. “Waking up” might be the worse thing that would happen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reality might be setting in.

May 27, 2020, 3:56 PM

I hate reading that crap, feel like I just ate a box of doughnuts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This reply jumped out at me.

May 27, 2020, 4:31 PM

I would love to win a Conference Championship in my lifetime. I'm 41, I hope one day we can get out of the SEC before I die. Playing in a Conference we can't win sucks.

Man, I was an FSU fan when Bill Peterson was there. Built a good, up and coming program. When he left Larry Jones took over and we went to 0-11 in a couple of years. Then came Mudra. Mediocre was the high point of his tenure.

But, at no time did I sense any Nole fan was that depressed and pessimistic.

well - they are the yardbirds - you gotta get to know em

May 27, 2020, 5:19 PM

they set the standard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys will get back to above .500 one day***

May 27, 2020, 7:15 PM [ in reply to This reply jumped out at me. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2020, 4:56 PM

Reality should have set in at least 4 years ago for them.

May 27, 2020, 6:10 PM

they opine for 1984

i think they were ranked #2 after #1 lost early in the day, all they had to do was beat Navy to move up

they lost and it was delicious, we were watching the game while on army reserve duty, back when you drank beer during the safety meetings lol

May 27, 2020, 7:07 PM

they opine for 1984

i think they were ranked #2 after #1 lost early in the day, all they had to do was beat Navy to move up

they lost and it was delicious, we were watching the game while on army reserve duty, back when you drank beer during the safety meetings lol

Thank you for your service!!!
????????????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Solid gold:

May 27, 2020, 6:40 PM

“This thread is why I hope Gamecock Football / athletics isn’t the greatest pursuit anyone has in their life. That’s a sad way to live.“

The “if we were in the ACC our fortunes would be different” comment is laughable. They have a losing record against nearly all of the ACC. If they were in the ACC they lose their biggest selling point to recruits which is being in the SEC. And how would their fortunes be different in terms of winning a national championship? If you can’t compete with the SEC now what makes them think they could beat a playoff caliber team from the SEC? Short answer: they wouldn’t and they would still be the abysmal cesspool of a pigskin program that they have been in the SEC.

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,823
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic