Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Realistically, what are the chances you think KB loses the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,288

Realistically, what are the chances you think KB loses the

Jan 11, 2018, 8:21 AM

starting spot at some point next season? It's his senior season and it would suck to be benched your senior year so I'm not sure Dabo would do it even if there's someone better behind him. I'm not saying he deserves to lose it but there might be 2 or 3 more talented guys on the roster...

what are the chances you think KB loses the starting spot at some point next season?    [Results]

Not a chance
unlikely
50% chance
More likely than not
Absolutely
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Realistically, what are the chances you think KB loses the

Jan 11, 2018, 8:28 AM

He benched cole stoudt his senior year. Difference is stoudt wasn’t the starter the year before, and the team didn’t make the playoffs. So who knows. I have faith that if Dabo sees a better qb than KB he will play him. I don’t buy into the loyalty crap tnet loves to suggest.

Jan 11, 2018, 9:41 AM

Give me some evidence that gives you confidence. I surely don’t have any. I can defiantly give you numerous reason he wouldn’t.

Jan 11, 2018, 9:44 AM

Then go ahead and give the reasons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2018, 9:49 AM

Here's some:

Korn
Nuk
Sammy Watkins
Stephone Anthony
Christian Wilkins
Dexter Lawrence
Tavien Feaster
Travis Etienne
Hunter Renfrow

All of these players played as freshmen over older players, so to say he plays the seniority card 100% is laughable and ignorant. He benched the starting QB in 2008 to put Korn in in his first game as interim coach, definitely no loyalty there.

Jan 11, 2018, 8:30 AM

It will b gone before the season starts...jmo...may be gone already.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I checked the last box.

Jan 11, 2018, 8:32 AM

It's nothing about Kelly, he's been a great player and all year long he's been the perfect representative of the quality we try to put on the field.

TL is in a class of his own. Comparing the two is just wrong. Had TL and DW4 been come out of HS to Clemson the same year Dabo would be bald trying to figure out who to start and when to replace him with the other. Give TL a few months to get in rhythm with our WRs and he'll be death to any defense just like DW was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t you think more information needed to make a call ....

Jan 11, 2018, 8:45 AM

On TL or even HJ?

I think he's going to continue to win. Because he controls

Jan 11, 2018, 9:31 AM

the clock well with his legs. The problem will be when we face a defense like Bama again. They will eliminate his run and lateral passing like this year and will force him to be a passer. At that point it will be up to playcallers getting him the right calls that he can handle.

I think we can go undefeated with KB next year. Until CFP time.

Jan 11, 2018, 9:34 AM

It may be all about the wins and losses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as we're winning KB is the guy***

Jan 11, 2018, 9:47 AM

Re: Realistically, KB is the only Clemson QB that ....

has played enough in college game situations for fans to have an understanding of his strengths and weaknesses.

All the chirping about HJ and TL is based on HS highlights and talking heads. Speculation about their upside is fun but their weaknesses won’t be exposed until game situations against good college defenses.

has played enough in college game situations for fans to have an understanding of his strengths and weaknesses.

All the chirping about HJ and TL is based on HS highlights and talking heads. Speculation about their upside is fun but their weaknesses won’t be exposed until game situations against good college defenses.

Jan 11, 2018, 9:51 AM

While I agree we don't know their weaknesses, we do know that HJ and TL have better arms than KB does.

I'm not saying KB is not a good passer, because he is, but the other guys have better skill sets to be better passers than KB.

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,288
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic