Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Read where TL16’s Stock for Winning Heisman Has Dropped Due To..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Read where TL16’s Stock for Winning Heisman Has Dropped Due To..

Jun 2, 2020, 11:08 AM

Loss of #8 from the Lineup. Makes Sense.

IMO neither TL or ETN Will Win Heisman but One of Them Will Be At Ceremony.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Read where TL16’s Stock for Winning Heisman Has Dropped Due To..

Jun 2, 2020, 11:12 AM

If that affects Trevor's production, it just means Travis gets more chances to run up his stats.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

But, always wanted a Heisman for Clemson FB..

Jun 2, 2020, 12:37 PM

since John was our 2nd HC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Read where TL16’s Stock for Winning Heisman Has Dropped Due To.. ]

Which will affect ETN’s production as defenses sell out to stop the run. We will need a WR or two to step up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 2, 2020, 8:29 PM

I nominate 88 and EJ to step up. I expect them to do so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Read where TL16’s Stock for Winning Heisman Has Dropped Due To.. ]

We will still have a passing attack (maybe it will be just as good). I'm just saying if it's down some from last year, Travis will get more touches.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 2, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Read where TL16’s Stock for Winning Heisman Has Dropped Due To.. ]

Not on a Dabo Swinney run team. Dabo don't allow his players to pat their stats when a team has clearly been beat. Dabo is a true sportsman in the game of FB that deserves respect!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 11:26 PM

I didn't mean it in that context, just that he will have more opportunities to run.

--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 2, 2020, 12:37 PM

The Heisman has long lost the meaning of being a trophy for the best all around player in college FB that has done the best to help his team to win games. The Heisman is now a trophy for the most like player that is promoted the most by the media, it is a ink on paper trophy that don't have much to do with a players hard work and talent that serves a team to the best of their ability in winning FB games!!!

Jun 2, 2020, 12:48 PM

It’s just another ESPY award now, just a heavier trophy.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 2, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Read where TL16’s Stock for Winning Heisman Has Dropped Due To.. ]

I disagree. Yeah, whoever wins the Heisman is going to have a lot of media attention as the season goes along, and in many seasons you'll always have some sort of debate over how someone else should have won it, but I haven't seen a season where the winner was flat out undeserving.

If media hype was the only thing that determined the winner then no way would Tua have not won it 2 years ago instead of Murray. Lawrence was also the heavy favorite from the media going into this past season, but it was nearly impossible to argue that Burrow didn't earn it.

I know many on here bring up Watson deserving it over Jackson a few years ago, and I wish Watson would have won it, but I never found that to be the robbery that many others did. Just look at their game against us that season. Yeah, we won the game.

However, wouldn't we all agree that Clemson had the much better defense in that game? Wouldn't we all agree that Clemson had the better play makers on offense for Watson to use compared to what Jackson had? So Jackson had less talented players around him on offense, had to go against the better defense, and he was playing on the road and still came within a few yards of pulling off the win that night.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have traded Watson for anything, and I actually think Watson was the better of the two quarterbacks to have when going up against Alabama, but I don't find fault in Jackson winning the award that season. Just look what's happened to Louisville since Jackson left.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Read where TL16’s Stock for Winning Heisman Has Dropped Due To.. ]

It has always been media-driven. ALWAYS.

Actually I think today it is more of a level playing field. In the past there were many players who deserved the Heisman but they weren't on TV (pre and early cable days) nationwide.

tOSU, Oklahoma, Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska, USC.. on the ABC broadcast every week.... shockingly the Heisman winners would seemingly always come from those teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 2:24 PM

I doubt the pros who evaluate college players are concerned about the loss of Ross. Those who vote for the Heisman look at production while the pro evaluators look at performance. Yes, we will definitely miss Ross, but we have some serious talent on this team and I believe we will find someone among our WR corp who will step up and surprise all of us.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 2:50 PM

ross himself did just what you described,so it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility.hope you're right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 2, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Read where TL16’s Stock for Winning Heisman Has Dropped Due To.. ]

And I believe we will have at least 3 and possibly 4 high octane receivers in our 2020 offense without Justin Ross being one of them. Amari Rodgers, Joseph Ngata, Frank Ladson Jr is 3 that I look to have a breakout season this season. Then we still have a good receiver in RS Senior Cornell Powell. Then we have a very talented receiver in true freshman EJ Williams that is expected to another top receiver for our Tigers, plus we have a couple of TE's in Braden Galloway and Jaelyn Lay that big things are expected from those two with J.C. Chalk being the senior TE with the most experience. If T-Law can't find a go to guy in that group of receivers, then Ross wouldn't have made that much of a difference. We don't have a Higgins or Ross, but we do have receivers that a championship can be won with, IMO!!!!

Jun 2, 2020, 2:59 PM

What better way to prove your Hypesman creds than to still be excellent without a true #1 WR?

Jun 2, 2020, 8:50 PM

Coach TL up. He just needs to hurdle a midget, no offense intended, Syracuse player and he’s Heisman bound.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 11:20 PM

Sad part is the Heisman trophy has now become politically corrupted like just about everything else in this country..... it is all about the politics and not about the best college football player in the nation anymore .......Go Tigers!!!!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic