Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rare Poast. Clemson Bball confuses me.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Rare Poast. Clemson Bball confuses me.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:36 PM

Before this game started my 5 year old son asked me who was going to win. I told him I don't know, and tried to explain that this isn't football etc...

After watching the first half I felt like our Tigers were the best team on the court despite the noles runs.

I really felt like we had the game in hand with less than 2 minutes left even after we has squandered such a big lead. In all honestly I placed this game vs a home game against Duke as a toss up. I hoped we could win one out the two. After watching our Tigers establish an 18 point lead in the 2nd half I started to believe we could win both games.

I am a former BBall coach, but that doesn't mean a thing. As a coach I would have been ecstatic and chewing butt at the turnovers at the top of the key not to mention the in bounds violation. However, that is not on Brad B. I think he has done an amazing job this year. What I do question, as most of you, why not use your fouls and make them work with a severely depleted shot clock?

I know Brad will lose some sleep tonight with the outcome of this game. As a coach you can only do so much. Clemson is not an easy basketball sale, and I do believe Brad is trying to build a program the right way.

I still have faith that we will finish strong, and believe we are over achieving with what we have. We are a small team and really heavily on the three pointer. Luckily we have several players who can hit beyond the arc in case someone is having an off night (Devoe tonight w foul trouble).
Hopefully this will light a fire and we will win against Duke and tonight will be less of a worry.

Should Brad stay... Well I like him, and I think he is a good fit for now. A spot in the sweet 16 would definitely make a convincing argument. I see us an undersized team that has to rely on D and outside shots to win against the better comp.

I have not given up hope, but I do see much room for improvement both on the coaching and the players side.

Beat the Dookies!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rare Poast. Clemson Bball confuses me.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:43 PM

Clemson B-ball shouldn't confuse you.You win by the 3's or you die by the 3's.Tonight they died.
But if you need further clarification, tonight's loss was self-inflicted.
They choked on their own success!

Feb 14, 2018, 10:50 PM

I’m not trying to be mean, but people who make decisions on how good a team is off on one game are not very knowledgeable. Sure we could loose every game left, but not based on any one thing tonight. An away game we could easily have won against a lengthy team that most thought would give us issues- we competed and could have won. Well played, let’s get them at home. If we string loses together that is a different story, but this is not football, sometimes the ball doesn’t bounce your way even if you’re better... fact.

Go Tigers

Feb 14, 2018, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Rare Poast. Clemson Bball confuses me. ]

I’m not trying to be mean, but people who make decisions on how good a team is off on one game are not very knowledgeable. Sure we could loose every game left, but not based on any one thing tonight. An away game we could easily have won against a lengthy team that most thought would give us issues- we competed and could have won. Well played, let’s get them at home. If we string loses together that is a different story, but this is not football, sometimes the ball doesn’t bounce your way even if you’re better... fact.

Go Tigers

Feb 14, 2018, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Rare Poast. Clemson Bball confuses me. ]

I agree. If Devoe had buried the 3 he took near the end of the game Tigers win, but he missed. Then gave up an easy two with the clock ending to send the game into OT.

I hate blaming the officials but I know there was a moving screen near the end of game, and a very debatable foul when Thomas went for the put back after the missed the free throw.

Those two played and maybe one less turnover could have changed the outcome of this game.

On a side note how would Brad do with the talent on Dukes or UNC's roster? FYI I wouldn't want Grayson Allen on my team.

10 for 26 is not dying

Feb 14, 2018, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Rare Poast. Clemson Bball confuses me. ]

bunch of turnovers did it

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic