Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ranking the most difficult games of Clemson's 2011 Schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Jul 4, 2011, 11:50 PM

David Hood takes a look at Clemson’s 2011 football schedule and ranks the games from the most difficult down to the easiest. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ranking the most difficult games of Clemson's 2011 Schedule

Jul 5, 2011, 1:56 AM

Ifwe get our offense rolling the sky is the limit!!!!!!!!

I am in agreeance except for the Auburn game, i think it

Jul 5, 2011, 8:11 AM

trumps the maryland game and possibly even the gt game for the mere fact that it's a SEC game alone. And it's our first challenging game of the season.

I know we play them at home and we almost beat them last year and they've lost a bunch of talent since them etc... but still.

Good assessment all in all

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, there's no way Maryland should be ahead of

Jul 5, 2011, 8:26 AM

Auburn. Also, BC should probably be ahead of UNC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The fact that its an SEC game doesn't make it tougher***

Jul 6, 2011, 12:11 AM [ in reply to I am in agreeance except for the Auburn game, i think it ]

Uh oh, awoffordterrier is gonna be offended by this list :)***

Jul 5, 2011, 8:15 AM

UNC is our 8th toughest game...wow, that says something.

Jul 5, 2011, 8:19 AM

Looks like we are in for a very tough schedule folks

Just my opinion...

Jul 5, 2011, 8:29 AM

but I really cannot see the coots as the second toughest. Granted, they beat us the last two years, but take those with a grain of salt.

2009 they ambushed us, admittedly. We were very banged up and headed to the ACCCG with a young staff. Since we always wax them, I really think our guys were looking ahead and the coots played the game of their life.

Last year you would have to be blind to think there weren't problems on the team. Much of the defense showed up but the offense was beyond anemic and continued to hose the defense. I felt the effort on the offense was sorely lacking and I still suspect the QB issues were taking their toll.

We lost them both. I'm not making excuses, but this is how I saw them both play out. We won't have one of those situations this year, and I don't like to EVER artificially inflate the coots. I see them as the fifth or sixth (or maybe seventh) best team on our schedule, but since it's in Cootlumbia, I would rank it behind VT, FSU, Auburn...probably in the Maryland/UNC range.

Sorry resident coots...you're just not as great as you think you are. And congrats on the east last year...you won a fine example of a tallest midget contest.

Re: Just my opinion...

Jul 5, 2011, 8:32 AM

Point for tallest midget contest. That about sums it up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i agree. No way Coots are second toughest.***

Jul 5, 2011, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Just my opinion... ]

I love the tigers as much as anyone

Jul 5, 2011, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Just my opinion... ]

But to say that team is the 3rd 4th or 5th toughest team we face is living in dream land. They are loaded this year. Now maybe in 2012 is to what your referring to and if that's the case then you would have a point. I think some of you are setting yourselves up for disappointment. The reason I say this is because if we lose that game which we very well might then you guys are gonna come in here screaming for Dabo's head. We will be underdogs to them in that game at their stadium and they very well may win the east again this year. That is NOT gonna be our 4th or 5th hardest team we play unless of course you guys think we have the hardest schedule in history coming up..lol. I expect us to win about 7 games this year given our schedule. Now in the following years the stakes will be raised. We have a new offense, a new QB and freshman everywhere on this team and that doesn't spell 8 or 9 wins on a difficult schedule. Our team is about to make big leaps but its not gonna be in 2011. I think expectations are WAYYYYY too high and its setting up for disappointment.

SCar win the East this year???? No way.***

Jul 5, 2011, 6:55 PM

Jul 5, 2011, 8:57 AM

I've read all the replies to this point. I think most have forgotten the recruiting class that was brought in. The team that has been left from last year surely hasn't forgotten al the talented kids brought in. And rest assure, they are going to play their A$$ES off to keep from losing their positions on the team. I feel that all the star quality that was brought in, is just going to make better players out of what we had.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2011, 9:14 AM

1) FSU
2) Auburn
3) VT
4) UNC
5) NCS
6) MD
7) GT
8) BC
9) USC
10) Wake Forest
11) Wofford
12) Troy

IMHO - no easy wins anywhere - just a ranking of the sceduled teams

Most important games ranked:

Jul 5, 2011, 9:23 AM

ACC Division games ranked in order of most needed to win tie break:

1) FSU
2) NCSU
3) BC
4) MD
5) Wake

ACC non div. games

6) GT UNC and VT

9) Beat USC
10) Beat Auburn
11 and 12) Don't lose an embarrassing game (Troy/Wofford)

Just my opinon...

Jul 5, 2011, 10:01 AM

Unfortunately your knowloege of football has been shown to be very low with the comments you made. Just how your opinion is so far off from all the analysts and experts that have USC being a very good team. Not sure you will face another team with as many weapons other than maybe FSU. No one expects a Clemson fan to give USC credit, but you reasoning that CLemson gave the last two wins games against USC away is pretty far off. CLemson was dominated in both games. IMO Clemson's biggest loss of the season as far as point differential will come against USC.

I thought USC couldn't go to a bowl game due to probation?

Jul 5, 2011, 10:07 AM

Anyone? Since we don't have them scheduled, is it possible for us to play the Trojans???

You and your coots may have a decent year, but that will be

Jul 5, 2011, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Just my opinon... ]

due to the fact that your schedule is a joke.

And come November we are coming to collect rent at your craphole of a stadium.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: You and your coots may have a decent year, but that will be

Jul 5, 2011, 11:26 AM

r u serious... A respectable football fan wouldn't claim to think that the Gamecocks strength of schedule is bad....analysts consistently rank them top 5 every season. Phil Steele's rated it the #1 hardest schedule in 2009, # 2 in 2010, and this season it drops dramatically. With the added EXPERIENCED players on USC's squad, it is understandably expected to be a good year. I agree about next season though, Clemson will have the upper hand and should have some great talent. I really do think thats the biggest difference in the rivalry is that SC and Clem have become closer in talent, meaning they will play each other closer than the historical games in which Clemson for the most part dominated.

I am very serious about your schedule, in the past you've

Jul 5, 2011, 11:34 AM

played a tough schedule, but not this year. You play 4 road games, Georgia, Miss St, Tenn, and Arkansas. Other than Florida and Clemson, your home schedule is a cake walk. Tell me what is tough about your schedule this year.

Top 5 every year? Really??

Jul 5, 2011, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: You and your coots may have a decent year, but that will be ]

You weren't top 5 last year, just for starters. In fact, the SEC East was a lower rated division than the ACC Atlantic.

Too many gamecocks are making the mistake of thinking they stepped up to the level of normal SEC East strength, when in reality the SEC East dropped several levels and simply was not very good last year.

Personally I think the ##### are overrating themselves, and ultimately this year will not be as good as last year.

SEC will never be as good as the ACC in football. Top to

Jul 5, 2011, 1:12 PM

bottom the ACC is loaded with big name teams that the SEC wishes it had

uSC has a pathetic record against the ACC and the SEC.***

Jul 5, 2011, 2:09 PM

Re: Just my opinon...

Jul 5, 2011, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Just my opinon... ]

It says most important on my post. The #1 goal IMO is to win the ACC. Try reading before insulting next time.

Jul 5, 2011, 10:20 AM

I think auburn and nc state need to move ahead maryland and gt.

Jul 5, 2011, 1:36 PM

Just look at the article this thread was started about. South Carolina is the "2nd" toughest game on Clemson's schedule. CLemson is much farther down South Carolina's list behind Miss st, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, I will give Auburn a toss up bc I dont think they will be that great this year. Please tell me how Clemson's schedule is tougher than South Carolina's? It is South Carolina that boosts your strength of schedule in the first place.

Based on last year's rankings Clemson has a tougher schedule

Jul 5, 2011, 2:08 PM

Just the facts.

Re: Based on last year's rankings Clemson has a tougher schedule

Jul 5, 2011, 11:36 PM

I def agree about this years schedule, the East is down. However you can't deny Carolina talent is on a high swing at the moment. It will be interesting how we respond. All i have to say about the schedule was that all those years where Clemson benefited from the much weaker schedule and then beat on Carolina after playing a crushing East schedule never solicited an apology from the Clemson faithful. With SCs talent and schedule looking so favorable, we will see how Clemson responds to a situation Carolina faced so many times.

LOL.

Jul 6, 2011, 4:41 PM

Lattimore and Jeffery are nice players, but I think you are VASTLY overrating your team. I do not think your 2011 season will be as successful as 2010.

But hey, at least you did manage to get one of the oldest, most delusional #### excuses into your post.. "we lose to Clemson because we're beat up", when in reality Clemson hasn't played "much weaker schedules". Not at all. That's merely a weak coot myth and utter excuse for eternally sucking. But it is funny that some deluded folks, like you apparently, still use it. LOL.

Jul 19, 2011, 1:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Ranking the most difficult games of Clemson's 2011 Schedule ]

Get a life. Im sorry they dont have a USuCnet.com. Doesnt mean you come and bash Clemson on our tigernet! This is a anticoot site.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2011, 12:03 AM

auburn will be good, unsportsmanlike (naturally) and tough to beat

our track record against major SEC foes here of late speaks for itself

i am about 0-8 in the Georgia dome for Pete's sake

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who are we playing in the Georgia Dome?***

Jul 6, 2011, 12:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who are we playing in the Georgia Dome?***

Jul 6, 2011, 8:55 AM

point missed

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well what point were you trying to make by putting

Jul 6, 2011, 10:17 AM

0-8 in the Georgia Dome when we don't play in the Georgia Dome?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic