Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ranking the Open HC Jobs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Ranking the Open HC Jobs

Nov 3, 2015, 9:50 AM

1 - Southern Cal
2 - Virginia Tech
3 - Miami
4 - South Carolina
5 - Minnesota
6 - Maryland
7 - Illinois
8 - UCF
9 - Hawaii
10 - North Texas

Steve Spurrier did South Carolina no favors by quitting this year. They are going to have HUGE competition to hire the best coach out there. They drop down even further if Texas comes open or if Saban goes to the Colts (rumor that is all over the place).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA might be added later as well

Nov 3, 2015, 9:57 AM

With Tenn as a slight chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no chance TN comes open. They have been real close

Nov 3, 2015, 10:06 AM

In a couple of their losses and are still very young. He will have at least one more year and I actually think they will be good next year

I live in GA

Nov 3, 2015, 10:13 AM [ in reply to UGA might be added later as well ]

If Richt loses to Auburn and/or GT, he is done.

UGA is terrible. They will probably lose both games***

Nov 3, 2015, 10:40 AM

Re: Ranking the Open HC Jobs

Nov 3, 2015, 10:18 AM

Would think UVA gets added to the list at the end of the season. Don't think London will survive

Maryland and $CU are very comperable jobs

Nov 3, 2015, 10:22 AM

although from a history and tradition standpoint, Maryland is the better of the two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Biggest prob for Maryland is that Kevin Anderson is a clown

Nov 3, 2015, 12:22 PM

and they have some fairly serious financial issues right now.

IF Saban goes to the Colts AND Clemson wins...

Nov 3, 2015, 10:26 AM

...the National Championship, THEN Dabo will be Alabama's prime choice to replace Saban.

What does Clemson do then?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: IF Saban goes to the Colts AND Clemson wins...

Nov 3, 2015, 10:32 AM

Wins the National Championship next year too with Dabo as head coach. He wouldn't leave Clemson, and even if he did he wouldn't be dumb enough to follow saban.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: IF Saban goes to the Colts AND Clemson wins...

Nov 3, 2015, 10:34 AM [ in reply to IF Saban goes to the Colts AND Clemson wins... ]

We laugh at them, because Dabo probably won't leave for the AL job, IMO. He is a legend at Clemson. He never would be anything but just another good coach at AL, and I seriously doubt they would go along with the moral culture he demands from players and coaches. They are not used to that. If he ever were to leave Clemson, though, I would bet it would be for the AL job. If he did, then we will find another good coach and move on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then I will win the power ball lottery and hire gruden***

Nov 3, 2015, 11:58 AM [ in reply to IF Saban goes to the Colts AND Clemson wins... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If Saban leaves Alabama then expect them......

Nov 3, 2015, 10:28 AM

to come after Dabo. And that's the one job I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Clemson for.

Nov 3, 2015, 10:37 AM

So GT still thinks PJ should keep coaching there? Geez - he's lost 6 already, with his only decent win was a miracle play to beat FSU at GT. It appears that everyone has figured out the 3 plays that PJ runs and will continue to destroy GT. Works for me, but I'm surprised that GT is not on this list.

GT

Nov 3, 2015, 12:25 PM

They have too many injuries for Paul Johnson's job to be at risk. Everyone saw their potential last year, and they are a tough team when they have everyone. Not anything Brent Venables can't handle, but most DCs can't be mentioned in the same sentence as him, so that's not a fair comparison. As long as we have BV, I'm fine with GT keeping PJ, but I won't be sad to see PJ go, either.

Go Tigers!

Nov 3, 2015, 10:42 AM

Move Maryland ahead of USuC and everything else looks about right. Maryland in the Big 10 is much better job than SC in the SEC. Maryland has won championships and has history. They also have a great fan support and a fanbase that is similar to UGA. They are a bunch of ###holes like UGA, but when they get a decent coach in there, they can compete for a Big 10 title. Jesus himself would not be able to lead the coots to an SEC title.

you just described Minnesota not Maryand***

Nov 3, 2015, 11:59 AM

Nov 3, 2015, 10:51 AM

1. Hawaii, cause nekkid wimmins.

2. VT, the only school that will allow a coach time to change the program.

3. Who would consider any job other than those two?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2015, 12:28 PM

All good points. Why would you pick South Carolina over Hawaii? If you succeed at South Carolina, you're leaving in three years. If you're average at South Carolina, you're stuck in Columbia around a bunch of people happily cheering on your privates. If you fail at South Carolina, you're leaving in three years. You have a difficult rival that basically can put you out of a job.

Might as well get paid to spend three years in Hawaii, right?

Go Tigers!

Hawaii has no expectations either

Nov 3, 2015, 12:29 PM

yes they are the only team in town and people want to win but they understand the immense challenges associated with that job. People like to make fun of how Hawaii was killed by UGA in the sugar bowl but it was an absolutely incredible achievement for them to even get to 12-0

Now add the Tennessee Titans to your list.***

Nov 3, 2015, 12:09 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The openings doesnt really change much

Nov 3, 2015, 12:14 PM

USUK would never be in the running for a good coach regardless!

I could be way wrong, but I think the Dolphins left enough

Nov 3, 2015, 2:57 PM

of a bad taste in Satan's mouth that he wants no part of pro football again. Why would he? He is already making pro coach money at Bama, and he is no spring chicken at 64. But, if he were to go, Colts would not be a bad landing spot. Fair amount of talent on board already there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic