Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rainy Weather has me thinking..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Rainy Weather has me thinking..

May 25, 2018, 11:40 AM

I've sat though some real frog stranglers in Death Valley. The crappy weather outside right now has me thinking... What was the worst game you ever sat through? Mine without a doubt was the Notre Dame game. Miserable, but oh so worth it in the end. Georgia Tech last year sucked too. But it's always those type of games that you remember.

Nobody ever says, "Hey remember the game we went to when the weather was so nice."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rainy Weather has me thinking..

May 25, 2018, 12:00 PM

Was not at the game but I remember a game at Va.Tech on maybe a Thursday night when the rainwater was literally poring out of the stands. ESPN was carrying the game. This was maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

# 40 in the 50 worst bad weather games - I was there

May 25, 2018, 12:12 PM

40. South Carolina Vs. Clemson, 1972

This ferocious rivalry was made even more epic on Nov. 25, 1972, when the weather dipped to 33 degrees and rain came down in waves, making the field an absolute mess.

Nobody ever really remembers Clemson struggling to a 7-6 win.

They just remember the horrible weather.

Bleacher Report's own Baby Tate once said of the game, "All I wanted to know at the end was, 'Did I miss the Ark leaving?'"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/604823-top-50-bad-weather-games-in-sports-history#slide5

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: # 40 in the 50 worst bad weather games - I was there

May 26, 2018, 3:13 PM

Actually I remember a little bit of sleet in that game in ' 72 . I well remember linebacker Jimmy Williamson batting down a pass to win the game .

I was 21 at the time, so the weather didn't bother me so bad then . I wish I could still handle it like I did then , but forget it .

I was there too - was seated on the West end of the

May 26, 2018, 5:25 PM [ in reply to # 40 in the 50 worst bad weather games - I was there ]

field where practically the entire game was played due to the strong wind . I remember one punt that went up toward the goal line and was turned back toward the line of scrimmage before it came down. Was afraid the temperature would drop a couple of degrees and everyone would be stranded along the highways.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine wasn't rain.. Actually two of them.

May 25, 2018, 12:24 PM

'03 UGA was face melting hot and we lost 30-0.. That was one I'd rather have not witnessed...

'05 Miami good God it was hot people were dropping like flies.. Great game though.

GO TIGERS!!

That UGA game sucked and very hot.

May 26, 2018, 5:19 PM

Classic Bowden game.. kept thinking we had a chance, until it was 4thq and we couldn't do jack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Was there too for UGa - seated in the top row of the South

May 26, 2018, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Mine wasn't rain.. Actually two of them. ]

upper deck - at least some breeze came across the top would've hated to be down a few rows.

Message was edited by: clover65®

I was at '72 Usuc game, but worse was '79 Peach Bowl vs Baylor

May 25, 2018, 12:40 PM

About 30 degrees with 30 mph wind and sleet!! That was a miserable day, not to mention we lost the game also!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was at '72 Usuc game, but worse was '79 Peach Bowl vs Baylor

May 26, 2018, 4:37 PM

That was the most miserable game I have ever been to. In addition to the cold, the wind was whipping through the portals like a hurricane. I've never been so glad to leave a game. I also remember the refs calling an intentional grounding penalty when our QB threw a ball out of bounds to stop the clock.

I think it was either 95 or 96....

May 25, 2018, 12:52 PM

we played Wake at home. It rained so hard I couldnt really see the south stands from the north stands.
My brother and dad sat on the first row of the upper deck. Trash covered the drains and they said water was ankle deep. I remember water running down the stairs like white water rapids.

Re: I think it was either 95 or 96....

May 25, 2018, 12:56 PM

I was at that one . I was in the north stands and I remember heading out at the end of the 3rd Q and thinking " Would be my luck getting swept into the lake by a flash flood leaving DV early from a Wake Forest game ... " .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 25, 2018, 1:01 PM

2009 ACC Championship was pretty bad. It just couldn't get any colder than it felt for some reason.

Notre Dame was only bad because I got sick afterwards from the rain.

2011 Troy game was ridiculously hot that we had to leave early to just get out the sun.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah.. I love this classic downtime topic.

May 25, 2018, 1:01 PM

The TCU game of 09' was ridiculously wet. About 2 foot of water was pouring down the steps in DV. What made it worse is we got screwed out of the game by the refs calling a td catch for TCU that obliviously wad not a catch. Also Andy freakin Dalton ran the zone read option for over a hundo on us that day. Man Steele just didn't know what to do with a running QB. Dude I was so mad leaving that game I don't know that I've ever been that mad leaving the game before or since.

Message was edited by: insanetigerfan08

Message was edited by: insanetigerfan08

Re: Ah.. I love this classic downtime topic.

May 25, 2018, 1:21 PM

It rained every single home game that season I believe.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Yep pretty much. Except the last game

May 26, 2018, 5:15 PM

Vs. Virginia. I'll never forget Cj and Jacoby Ford's last game.

North side chanting CJ! and south saying Spiller! And then Spiller! -> Ford!

I admit I cried a little when they ran down the hill for the last time.

We flew in from .CA for that one. Awesome!! I year up

May 26, 2018, 5:32 PM

every time the Tigers run down the hill. Not ashamed. I love that experience.. never gets old.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

GT

May 25, 2018, 1:08 PM

Don't remember the year, but it had to have been somewhere in the 2000 - 2003 range I think. We played GT at home, and there was a tropical storm. It dumped like crazy all throughout the game. I was still young at the time though, so I actually kind of enjoyed it. Was wearing a trash bag with holes cut in it for my head and arms.

May 25, 2018, 1:29 PM

1995 vs Duke. Rained hard. I did get to personally witness Raymond Priester run all over Duke. I’m not sure if it’s still a single game record. 32 rushes for 263 yards.

May 25, 2018, 4:08 PM

I was searching the internet to make sure I was thinking right about the downpour we had when Priester rushed for 263 yards and I found this post from a decade ago.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Raymond-Priester---263-yards-Duke-1995***-3237645

May 25, 2018, 3:07 PM

1969...I was a rat...a drowned rat...We played Maryland. Won it 24-0 if my abused synapses can remember that far back...It rained without a letup before, during and after the game...This was when the only drainage was the "crown"... Can't be sure but i would think that Charlie WATERs was QB...Coach Howards last year...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 5:13 PM

I've been there in the rain, scorching sun, cold as a well digger's posterior, fog and I don't know what all, The one I remember most was the one when we were playing Georgia and we had a hail storm. One year we though Clemson would be going to the Gator Bowl but ended up going to another bowl. My brother in Jax bought tickets for the Gator Bowl so we went. North Carolina was one of the teams. The fog rolled in and it was so thick we could not see the field. A spotter down on the side line relayed info to the press box and the PA announcer relayed that info to the fans.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2018, 2:57 PM

I remember trying to watch that Gator Bowl. You could make out shadows of the opponent, but those baby blue Heels were totally swallowed up by the fog.

May 26, 2018, 4:45 PM

I remember a UVa vs Clemson game in the early 90s. It was sunny, then rainy, and then it snowed.

The GT-Clemson game after the UND gully-washer was miserable in that we weren't prepared for rain during the entire game. Wet and miserable second half.

Can't remember the year but it was the NCSU-Clemson game when O'Brien was their coach. It literally was 100 degrees, Clemson was up by 2 TDs with a minute left and O'Brien uses his 2 TOs in that last minute. I still believe he did it on purpose to make us suffer.

The 2009 ACC Championship game in Tampa was cold, but the 2016 Clemson-WFU game in Winston-Salem was the coldest I have ever been at a Clemson game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Call me strange, but I frequently think of the beautiful days I've had in Death Valley.***

May 26, 2018, 5:17 PM

null

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic