Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RIP Billy Graham...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

RIP Billy Graham...

Feb 21, 2018, 8:34 AM

you will be missed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RIP Billy Graham...

Feb 21, 2018, 8:40 AM

Thank you, Bless you and goodnight Rev.Graham.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2018, 8:43 AM

A great man and truly a man of God

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2018, 8:45 AM

An incredible person. Helped to change so many lives.

Had the awesome opportunity to meet and speak with

Feb 21, 2018, 8:55 AM

Dr. Graham and Ruth a couple of times, quite surreal experiences.

He is Home!!!

Re: Had the awesome opportunity to meet and speak with

Feb 21, 2018, 9:10 AM

yes. he is home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I ran across a marathon of his

Feb 21, 2018, 8:56 AM

greatest sermons a few years back. Just so impressive and timeless. RIP

Feb 21, 2018, 9:00 AM

A true reflection of Jesus Christ. He touched many lives and brought them into God’s kingdom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2018, 9:03 AM

Welcome home Dr. Graham. You will be missed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2018, 9:20 AM

The greatest evangelist of my lifetime. Can you imagine the celebration in Heaven! What a blessing to our world.

Feb 21, 2018, 2:57 PM

Greatest evangelist of all time. Including Paul

Feb 21, 2018, 9:22 AM

The greatest evangelist of my lifetime. Can you imagine the celebration in Heaven! What a blessing to our world.

Feb 21, 2018, 9:49 AM

Truly a great Christian figure. The sad thing is no one has stepped up to do what he did. His son has to some degree but not like his Daddy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2018, 10:37 AM

well into his 90's, he was devoted to spreading the word of our Lord.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well done good and faithful servant.***

Feb 21, 2018, 11:21 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought I'd provide the below pics about Dr. Graham . . .

Feb 21, 2018, 11:33 AM

https://billygraham.org/gallery/billy-and-ruth-graham-through-the-years/?utm_source=bgeatoday+02.14.2018&utm_medium=bgemail&utm_campaign=bgemailnewsletter&utm_content=BY182BNL2&SOURCE=BY182BNL2

Feb 21, 2018, 2:01 PM

I really feel sorry for whoever gave this post a thumbs down.......Go Tigers!!!!!

I am sorry for his loss and his family's grief...

Feb 21, 2018, 2:54 PM

but after meeting him, not a fan. Too much of that money was going to him personally and not his ministry.

What a sad post. You have no clue but still felt the need

Feb 21, 2018, 3:31 PM

to post something negative. He devoted his entire life serving others. You?

Right...you ever seen his compound in NC with the guards ...

Feb 21, 2018, 6:24 PM

and fences. He collected a lot of money for himself in the name of the Lord. He BROKE Furman's guest speaker fund in 1970 by demanding $5000 to speak at a BAPTIST school, then made them rewrite the check from his ministry to him PERSONALLY! I accidentally met him there and heard it because the treasurer and head of the Student Senate, both friends of mine, had to sign the check before he spoke since it was a student activity. David Halbersham(Pulitzer Prize winner), William F. Buckley, Antonia LeVay(daughter of the head of the Satanic Church, the head of the Alabama KKKK, and a Black Panther all came for travel expenses, but a BAPTIST MINISTER speaking at a BAPTIST college demanded an outrageous payment. He served himself quite well my friend!

shortly after my graduation from Clemson

Feb 21, 2018, 8:41 PM

I met a very wonderful gentleman who was an early mentor for me. He
was a graduate of the Wharton School of business at Penn and a very astute businessman in North Carolina. While a student at Wharton he befriended another student from the Black Mountain area who invited him to the Graham Estate for the weekend. If I told you the stories he told me about the true Billy Graham you would call me a liar. He was not all assume him to be. I have Zero respect for gentlemen who use the church and religion to assume their vast wealth!

Your statement is so incredibly ignorant it is absurd!!

Feb 22, 2018, 9:44 AM

If Dr. Graham used religion to amass "vast wealth", then exactly how much should he have been able to make or keep? Did he somehow not have the same right and opportunity as you or I to work hard to secure a better future for his family?
For more than 75 years Dr. Graham worked for a living and led the largest world wide ministry ever known, giving hope and helping millions of people along the way.
Considering the money that flows through the BGEA and other related groups, Dr. Graham's net worth could have been SIGNIFICANTLY greater!!
If you merely saved $15,000 per year for 75 years @ 6%, you'd have over $20 million! Dr. Grahams net worth is reportedly $25 million.
Have you ever been to Montreat or visited The Cove and walked the "compound"? I have, quite amazing.
Did you ever meet with or speak with Dr. Graham? I did.
Maybe you should consider not disparaging those that you know nothing about.

Re: Your statement is so incredibly ignorant it is absurd!!

Feb 22, 2018, 10:55 AM

I refuse to argue with you over such a meaningless matter to me. What I posted is true. Have you ever been ‘behind the scenes’ at his compound and prepared for his revivals? Obviously you have not

If is is meaningless then why post a “rumor”? Make you

Feb 22, 2018, 2:28 PM

feel better???

Talk about ignorant and absurd!!!

Feb 26, 2018, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Your statement is so incredibly ignorant it is absurd!! ]

"If you merely saved $15,000 per year for 75 years @ 6%, you'd have over $20 million!"!!!!
You are aware that $15,000 in 1943 would be the equivalent of almost $210,000 today. That would be quite a chunk of money to save for someone who wasn't pretty wealthy. And yes I met him and thought he was a rather nice, if slightly harried gentleman that day, but when I heard him discussing the check and suggesting he might not appear unless it was changed, so did my opinion of the man change.
"Considering the money that flows through the BGEA and other related groups, Dr. Graham's net worth could have been SIGNIFICANTLY greater."
Seriously! Why would he be foolish enough to convert "tax free" money that he had use of, to taxable income?

yes, and I worked for this man for over a year...

Feb 22, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Right...you ever seen his compound in NC with the guards ... ]

... and your statements are 100% untrue and unfounded. Reverend Graham never once took a penny from the church. He refused salary his entire career. His ONLY source of income was his speaking engagements and book deals. Like you or I, he had the right to expect his asking price to be paid before service was rendered. As the founder of a non profit, I can tell you that the prices for our services are not negotiable based on your religious affiliations or my affinity to your cause. And while his net worth may be $25 million, Mr Graham never had more than $100,000 of Cash assets at any point in his life. He thought to do so would be a wasted of God's money. he invested everything back into his ministry of sharing Jesus with the world.

The only truths I can gleam from your post is that you're a terrible business person, you believe everything you hear (as long as it's not something positive about a Christian) and you somehow feel money should not be made in the name of Jesus.

And though I don't know you, I did know Mr Graham. And I'm pretty sure this man has helped more people out of poverty than you. Helped more people out of debt than you. Lead more people to a better life than you. Supported more people who oppose him than you. And clearly, managed his financial affairs better than you.

You're in my prayers and I pray specifically that you might come to know the savings GRACE of Jesus and somehow develop just half of the utter HUMILITY, KINDNESS and SERVITUDE of the late Reverend Billy Graham.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

You may call me many things...

Feb 26, 2018, 8:56 PM

but since you don't know me well enough to call me a liar, please give show me some courtesy. I know what I saw and heard so please do not insult me with your rude comments. Net worth of $25,000,000 and $100,000 in cash is quite normal. Many wealthy people have large amounts of assets but limited personal cash.
"The only truths I can gleam from your post is that you're a terrible business person, you believe everything you hear (as long as it's not something positive about a Christian) and you somehow feel money should not be made in the name of Jesus."
In answer to the first, I am a terrible business person. I put serving others above money. But I am wealthy in love and respect from others, so the trade was fair. In answer to your second part(" (as long as it's not something positive about a Christian") , I AM a Christian and I missed the place in the Bible where appointed you to judge whether someone is a Christian or not(perhaps you can point it out?).
Thirdly, "and you somehow feel money should not be made in the name of Jesus". You are d-mn right about that!
"Do not store up riches for yourselves here on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and robbers break in and steal. Instead, store up riches for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and robbers cannot break in and steal. For your heart will always be where your riches are." –Matthew 6:19-21
"13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.” 14 The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. 15 He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God’s sight." Luke 16:13-15

This reminds me of a passage I read...

Feb 26, 2018, 11:37 PM

...in my Bible. It was a different situation but somehow I believe the answer Jesus gave would be the same.

Please listen with your heart to HIS WORDS.... John 8:7

<‘///><~~~<3

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This reminds me of a passage I read...

Feb 27, 2018, 5:14 PM

"He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone." Believe me, I know that verse, and I don't remember claiming I was without sin. But apparently quite a few here believe that about Brother Graham. PS In some ways I do admire the man, especially for his stance on segregation, but I do not believe that one has to glorify him to be a Christian or sugar coat the fact that he profited greatly from his ministry.

Yeah, no it wasn't. At all.***

Feb 21, 2018, 3:46 PM [ in reply to I am sorry for his loss and his family's grief... ]

What?! Give me proof of that statement. Incredible that

Feb 27, 2018, 1:06 AM [ in reply to I am sorry for his loss and his family's grief... ]

you would say that publicly about this great man of God.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2018, 5:27 PM

A GREAT MAN

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truly “America’s pastor”***

Feb 21, 2018, 5:59 PM

Great Man!***

Feb 21, 2018, 6:53 PM

Truly “America’s Pastor”***

Feb 26, 2018, 9:44 PM

Feb 26, 2018, 11:24 PM

Amen! I owe my salvation to watching His crusades as a kid. Accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior with the help of my parents and our Pastor. Thank you Lord for allowing me to be raised in a wonderful loving family who always put God First.

It is my prayer tonight that those who have not accepted Christ as their Savior will do so. It is the greatest life changing experience in my life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you!!!!***

Feb 27, 2018, 1:08 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic