»
Topic: RIP Bennie Cunningham.
Replies: 11   Last Post: Apr 23, 2018 3:38 PM by: Mogambu
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

RIP Bennie Cunningham.

[10]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 12:08 PM

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article209614319.html

Makes one sad. He was the greatest tight end ever at C.U.***

[3]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 12:13 PM

military_donation.jpg

Re: Makes one sad. He was the greatest tight end ever at C.U.***

[2]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 12:16 PM

Met him once. Was a very classy gentleman.

Re: Makes one sad. He was the greatest tight end ever at C.U.***

[3]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 12:17 PM

Bennie was one nice gentlemen. For many years my four Clemson Football seats were on the row behind Bennie's row. He will be missed! RIP Bennie!

Re: RIP Bennie Cunningham.

[3]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 12:20 PM

sad day for me. very sad. he was my first favorite tiger as a kid. went to all the home games in 74, mainly to see him, and clemson won every one of them. bennie, to me, was clemson.

2018 purple level member

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

[2]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 12:26 PM

My brother's first Clemson game was Clemson vs NC in 74 (my first game was Clemson vs Tulane in 75).I always remember him saying that Bennie would drag defenders downfield after receptions.

[1]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 12:21 PM

####! Just heard about it on WCCP.Clemson owes Bennie so much.Would Clemson Football have progressed the way it did in the late 70s if Bennie had played elsewhere?

Bennie Cunningham story (short)

[7]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 12:23 PM

My mom still has a photo of me at 5 years old receiving a trophy from him. He helped coach our football team when he was in college. Our coach had met him through FCA and he volunteered what time he could with us. As I got older I realized what a sacrifice it was for him to help out while he was playing himself.

He was a great football player, and from the little I knew of him, an even better person.

Click here to read Gabi's Story

Cheers to Bennie!

[2]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 12:49 PM

Re: Cheers to Bennie!

[1]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 3:38 PM

Got that one and the '81 and the '16 in my China Cabinet next to my Rat Hat...The wife asks why i don't put the China behind the glass...I say, "Who in hail wants to look at a bunch of plates when they can see some interesting stuff?" Women! Love you, Bennie...Godspeed...

My thoughts and prayers with Bennie and family***

[1]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 1:10 PM

Re: RIP Bennie Cunningham. You were a GREAT Tiger and person

[1]
Posted: Apr 23, 2018 2:28 PM

What a player and memories

I attended Clemson while he was there and he was fantastic

I will always remember his FRO and how he dragged 5-6 players down the field

God Bless

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: For Sale: 2 Season Tickets Section N approx 30 yard line 25 rows up for $2,500 firm. If interested...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1741 people have read this post