Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RC Edwards... does anybody know where he was born or grew up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

RC Edwards... does anybody know where he was born or grew up

Nov 9, 2015, 6:58 PM

in Fountain Inn? Did a quick search and didn't find anything. I've lived in Simpsonville for 30 years and now know Ft Inn pretty well... thought it would be kinda cool to know more details about his background... where he was born, went to school, grew up, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: RC Edwards... does anybody know where he was born or grew up

Nov 9, 2015, 7:10 PM

His signature is on my diploma (1968). Loving referred to as Popa Doc by my roommate. He was a good one!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2015, 7:21 PM

Rural Fountain Inn near Bethany Church is where he grew up - not sure if he was born there, but likely. He was my great uncle on my mother's side. No person has ever loved CU more than Uncle Bob.

Nov 9, 2015, 7:30 PM

RC and Moonpie were there when I was at Clemson in 63-67. Super nice people and RC was always there for the students.
I brought my girl up one weekend and she wanted to see the President's home.
RC took time to show us his and Mrs. Edwards home. A very nice gesture and I never forgot it.

thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for

Nov 9, 2015, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: RC Edwards... does anybody know where he was born or grew up ]

I wonder if the old family home is still standing? Probably not, sounds like it was just a typical country farm like so many others back in the day ... and probably long gone. If anyone would know, it would be people like your mom's side of the family. Can you ask them for more specific details? I'd appreciate it if you can find out anything.

More than likely Ft Inn only had a one-room schoolhouse back then. That's what my Mom told me about her childhood, she was born in 1917 in the mountains of north Georgia around Clarkesville/Toccoa. So they're about the same age.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Nov 9, 2015, 7:22 PM

Edwards was born March 25, 1914 in Fountain Inn, South Carolina, the son of John T. and Effie Cook Edwards.

Nov 9, 2015, 7:52 PM

Edwards entered Clemson College as a freshman at age 15 and graduated in 1933 with a Bachelor of Science degree in textile engineering.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic