»
Topic: Questions on Tailgating Rules
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 16, 2018 10:35 AM by: ClemBert®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Questions on Tailgating Rules

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 9:53 AM

I found policies online, but they don't specifically say anything about fire pits or propane heaters.

"2018 Clemson Football Parking & Tailgating Policies"
http://www.iptaycuad.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28510&ATCLID=211735147

Does any one here use either a fire pit or propane heater a while tailgating? Anyone ever been told they can't use one or the other?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Unless...

Re: Questions on Tailgating Rules

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 10:00 AM

I did a lowcountry boil, and when we were done I just attached the dual propane heater to the tank and went on with life. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. A firepit might be different since you can't just turn it off.

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 10:04 AM

Propane heaters are pretty common; you’ll see the tank with the heater attachment screwed on top if you walk around the tailgate lots. I haven’t used one at our setup, but I know people who have used them.

I would avoid the fire pit, that seems like begging for trouble.

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 10:32 AM

I use a propane heater and burner all the time and I've never had any issues. I would probably stay away from a fire pit though.

2018 white level member

Don't do a charcoal grill like some dumbchit tailgater....

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 10:35 AM

...some years ago. Having found a nice tailgate location under a great big oak tree near Tillman/Bowen area he apparently dumped his still hot coals on the ground after the tailgate which ended up killing the great big oak tree....guess what, no great big oak tree to tailgate under at that location.

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
967 people have read this post