Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for those Tigers in the RV lots.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,567

Question for those Tigers in the RV lots.....

Jul 29, 2013, 7:35 PM

For the first time, I have a motor home spot, in space 400.I found the map of the space on the Athletic website, but I cant find information about motor home parking in general, such as the rules and regulations, hookups ,etc.. Can any fellow Tiger give me some info or tell me where to find it ? ....thanks in advance ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for those Tigers in the RV lots.....

Jul 29, 2013, 9:37 PM

like whether or not there are hookups, port-o-lets, what is check in time and check out time ...., can you stay from Friday to sunday ? ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm

Jul 29, 2013, 9:40 PM

Sounds like the iptay Office should have the answers to that imo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i can call them tomorrow i suppose but ...

Jul 29, 2013, 9:50 PM

often, when you just are requesting information, you get a college kid answering the phone and a two to three day wait for someone to return your call to talk about it...

Re: i can call them tomorrow i suppose but ...

Jul 29, 2013, 9:58 PM

Ahhhh I see and from what I can tell its water hookup only just from Walking by once or twice.

Jul 29, 2013, 10:29 PM

You can arrive at noon on Thursday. Depending how close you are to the nearest faucet determines whether you have access to water. Faucets are mainly located along the spots under the trees. Some people bring hose reels to reach nearest hook up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2013, 10:31 PM

You will be sent a rules sheet or receive an email when you are mailed your passes

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a few spaces down from you...

Jul 30, 2013, 2:54 AM

There are no hookups, you'll have to be completely self contained. (Some spots in the 100's are close to water.) You can come in on Friday and stay until Sunday. You can run generator but only if you have a snorkle (long exhaust pipe extension above roof line). If you have kids, bring along their bikes. You can tow a vehicle - you should receive a 2nd parking pass for your toad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snorkel?

Jul 30, 2013, 10:07 AM

Can you elaborate on the snorkel? I also have a RV spot this year....I have a Yamaha ef2400 generator.

Re: Snorkel?

Jul 30, 2013, 12:14 PM

Many motorhomes have on board generators that power air conditioners, lights, battery chargers, etc. Usually the exhaust pipe for the generators is on the driver's side of the vehicle which causes exhaust fumes to blow into your neighbors area. Awnings and tailgating areas are on the passenger side, so when RVs are parked side by side, your generator exhaust encroaches on neighbor.

Therefore, they ask you not to run your generator unless you have a snorkel. A snorkel is a long pipe that attaches to your generator's exhaust pipe and stands straight up (like a flagpole). It's purpose is to reroute the fumes above the top of the coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2013, 12:25 PM

RV Parking Rules:
http://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/campus-recreation/cubeach/beachmultimedia/2011RVRules.pdf

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,567
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic