Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for the fire Dabo crowd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Question for the fire Dabo crowd

Dec 15, 2013, 3:12 PM

1)is Dabo the reason we lost to FFFWA(future fastfood workers of america or usuck,usc jr,usc east
2) is The Chad the reason we lost to the FFFWA
3) if you fire Dabo who replaces him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If go with a WR coach....

Dec 15, 2013, 3:14 PM

if that meant three 10 win seasons

2 BCS bowls

and an ACC championship

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Question for the fire Dabo crowd

Dec 15, 2013, 3:20 PM

The reason we lost the first three years out five is they were the better team not even close........ Last two years we have played and awful game...... This year if we play turnover free ball we win...... So I wouldn't blame Coach Swinney or Coach Morris I blame the players for being careless with the ball.......... They know they shouldn't have dropped the ball on the ground that many times.......

Dec 15, 2013, 3:21 PM

We should still be running the football and not try the trick play when we did.

Bad offensive playcalling.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

One trick play didn't lose us the game.***

Dec 15, 2013, 3:25 PM

Re: One trick play didn't lose us the game.***

Dec 15, 2013, 3:32 PM

No it didn't, and if you read the post I didn't say the one ill timed trick play did.

null

Dec 15, 2013, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the fire Dabo crowd ]

Your right but if we still have the two dropped punts and TB gets stripped of the ball then we still lose......... The last two turnovers didn't really mater it was the first four that killed us.......

Dec 15, 2013, 3:27 PM

The buck always stops with the head coach, so, yes, Dabo is responsible. Chad is a great offensive coordinator.

When will we realize that we need a real head coach, a strong leader, rather than a cheerleader??

Dec 15, 2013, 3:32 PM

Why don't you quit acting like your a Clemson fan? Clemson will be just fine with it's current head coach......

Tell 'em coot***

Dec 15, 2013, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the fire Dabo crowd ]

Dec 15, 2013, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the fire Dabo crowd ]

I will say bad play calling and turnovers

Dec 15, 2013, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for the fire Dabo crowd ]

If one play that didn't work due to an errand throw cost us the ballgame, then we had no chance of winning anyway, and there's no such thing as Overcoming Adversity. Just forfeit the game after a trick play is not successful. Done, Gameover, Walk off the field and Call it a Season.

We still allowing a free pass

Dec 15, 2013, 3:27 PM

for allowing Pearman and Batson to be around ? Pearman is the special teams coordinator and we surely dont have the functional football strength to hold onto the football at crucial times.How about not taking or getting enough O-linemen to have a substantial O-line for 5 years running?

Re: We still allowing a free pass

Dec 15, 2013, 4:01 PM

Is that the reason we have so many players in the NFL this season and over the years. Ask those players who have came through this program whom have Super Bowl rings.

Re: We still allowing a free pass

Dec 15, 2013, 4:49 PM

Ellington averaging 5.8 yd/carry, and just caught a 28 yd pass. Maxwell intercepting Manning. Hopkins, 38 yd reception.. Three examples in the last hour or so.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

look at all those Olinemen......***

Dec 16, 2013, 2:10 PM

Re:I am not interested with what they do in the pros: only

Dec 15, 2013, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: We still allowing a free pass ]

with what they do at Clemson.

There is a "fire Dabo" crowd? Wow...

Dec 15, 2013, 3:31 PM

Anyone suffering from short-term memory loss? We're so much better now than under any other Clemson coach since Ford in the 80's...

Re: There is a "fire Dabo" crowd? Wow...

Dec 15, 2013, 3:39 PM

I think we have peaked I don't see us catching FSU if Jimbo stays around and I am wondering if we will every beat the spur.........10 wins are nice but losing to FSU and USC every year sucks. We are Clemson in the ACC we should win 10 games that is what i saying back when Tommy was around, can Dabo take us to the next step. Got to win the Orange Bowl bad lost there could set us back

Dec 15, 2013, 4:13 PM

I hope our coaches and players don't develop this type of mentality. If so, we need to drop the football program at Clemson. ?? auburn and mizzo both had 2 wins season last year. They didn't quit, why should we. You can't keep spending money and rolling the dice hoping to luck up or stumble up on a national championship. Champions are not build overnight. It takes overcoming adversity and organizational chemistry to have a chance to be National Champion.

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

you know who has peaked? SCU.***

Dec 15, 2013, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: There is a "fire Dabo" crowd? Wow... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Peaked with Spurrier and never smelled a BCS invite.

Dec 15, 2013, 6:51 PM

Opps, forgot about the 4th place rings. Did anyone ever post a picture of these jewels?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2013, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: There is a "fire Dabo" crowd? Wow... ]

In order to beat FSU and USC consistantly, we have to out recruit them. That hasn't happened in recent years. I was born and raised in SC but I really could care less about beating USC except for them being a SEC team. We are an ACC team and that is what counts, plus ACC schools are mostly much smaller than the SEC schools and unfortunately that matters in our ability to recruit.

USC to the SEC. When did that happen?***

Dec 15, 2013, 6:52 PM

Dec 15, 2013, 3:35 PM

First off,who wants to fire Dabo!
Secondly,you can put blame,in part,on Chad for the last
two losses.Just ask why we abandoned the run in
those two games?
Three,blame part of those losses on the fact that,like it or not,the coots have just been the better team.
Well,if you fire Dabo,you could go out and hire Mack Brown!

Two words: Tommy West

Dec 15, 2013, 3:45 PM

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I went to school during West World. Does anyone remember Hatfield? Surely he wasn't the best coach we ever had, but he won games and was treated like crap. He left (or was forced out depending on your perspective).

Then good ole Tommy got his shot and the losses mounted and the stands were empty.

Now we're in a BCS Bowl and we consistently have top 10 recruiting classes. Enjoy what's happening with Clemson football and don't take it for granted.

We don't need another West.

WestWorld. Where nothing could possibly go worng.

Dec 15, 2013, 4:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I don't think a "fire Dabo" crowd exists.***

Dec 15, 2013, 3:56 PM

Dec 15, 2013, 4:02 PM

I would have more respect for Dabo if he we willing to fire the non producing and bad recruiting coaches on his staff. That includes the strength coach. Get rid of the non producing players too.

Re: Sometime, you have to admit that you made a mistake

Dec 15, 2013, 4:08 PM

with two or three of them.

Re: Sometime, you have to admit that you made a mistake

Dec 15, 2013, 4:27 PM

Who in this world is mistake free? and I'll ask he or she to turn Howard Rock into a 2014 National Champion Trophy and call it a season.

Re: Question for you. How many consecutive losses to

Dec 15, 2013, 4:05 PM

SC does he have to have before you would want to fire him?

It really depends on the rest of the season

Dec 15, 2013, 4:28 PM

You can't fire a coach with 10 wins. It will be nearly impossible to hire another big named coach if losing to a top 10-15 South Carolina team costs you your job.

Re: It really depends on the rest of the season - QUIT!

Dec 15, 2013, 4:35 PM

Will you quit with the logic!
These people can't follow that.
:)
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It really depends on the rest of the season

Dec 15, 2013, 4:37 PM [ in reply to It really depends on the rest of the season ]

You're wasting breath when you talk to folks that formed their opinion before he ever coached a game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

not about firing Dabo, but that "impossible to hire" is a

Dec 15, 2013, 4:43 PM [ in reply to It really depends on the rest of the season ]

joke...

teams fire coaches every yr and teams hire new coaches every yr. Clemson dumped a coach in midseason, but I can bet you coaches wanted this job. Trojans fired a coach mid season in the parking lot, but they had people wanting the job. FSU hired after Bowden and UT will hire after Mack.

it's a business folks and coaches know they have a short time to prove what they can do and many will line up one day when dabo resigns/fired/retires

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Find me a team that has fired a 10 win coach

Dec 15, 2013, 4:48 PM

Trojans fired a losing coach.
Bobby Bowden retired after struggling
Mack Brown retired after struggling

Show me one instance where a coach that goes 10-2 and takes his team to a BCS bowl game is fired for performance.

Wait, you can't, you know why, because it would be stupid and you would't be able to get a respected coach from another program when you promise that sort of job security. If Clemson fires Dabo we become the laughing stock of college football. Also, you want to talk about negative recruiting. Hey kid, don't go to Clemson even if you win 10 games they could fire your coach. Recruits like to know that the guy they are being recruited by will be the coach they play for.

john cooper says "hey"

Dec 15, 2013, 4:54 PM

and I'll say it again, Dabo is a 8 win season from being on the hot seat, especially if he's 6 in a row to the coots

and yes, coaches will be interviewed at clemson, just like any school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: john cooper says "hey"

Dec 15, 2013, 5:06 PM

Clemson is not working to be just like any other school, but working to build on three (10)wins seasons and (2)BCS appearances in the last three years where only a few have achieved in college football.

Mike Leach won 11, then 8 and was fired***

Dec 15, 2013, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Find me a team that has fired a 10 win coach ]

Re: Mike Leach won 11, then 8 and was fired***

Dec 15, 2013, 7:08 PM

8 does not even come close to 10 brother...

agreed if he slides & doesn't win 10 (especially still losing to coots) his seat is very hot.

but DrewTigerAlum is spot on!!!

we'd be cootish to be hating on Dabo for what he has accomplished here in short time. we should be praising him for what HE HAS done, & bash him a little less for what he hasn't.

Dabo is not on the field running plays, dropping balls, throwing INTs & getting stripped, rattled or whipped while trying to play the game & win...he's trying to coach these kids & get a staff in place that WILL consistently & constantly be winning!

some change is coming, that seems inevitable...turnovers in big games have cost us the last 3 years bigtime, that has to be addressed & fixed! even if that means some new staff. we have to find all the right pieces & apparently we haven't quite yet, even though we have little to know excuse for not being undefeated or a 1 loss team this season!

Go Tigers! PERSEVERE!!!

Beat the Buckeyes!!!! & show the world again...

my take on dabo getting canned if we don't win 10 but get 8

Dec 15, 2013, 7:10 PM

8 does not even come close to 10 brother...

agreed if he slides & doesn't win 10 (especially still losing to coots) his seat is very hot.

but DrewTigerAlum is spot on!!!

we'd be cootish to be hating on Dabo for what he has accomplished here in short time. we should be praising him for what HE HAS done, & bash him a little less for what he hasn't.

Dabo is not on the field running plays, dropping balls, throwing INTs & getting stripped, rattled or whipped while trying to play the game & win...he's trying to coach these kids & get a staff in place that WILL consistently & constantly be winning!

some change is coming, that seems inevitable...turnovers in big games have cost us the last 3 years bigtime, that has to be addressed & fixed! even if that means some new staff. we have to find all the right pieces & apparently we haven't quite yet, even though we have little to know excuse for not being undefeated or a 1 loss team this season!

Go Tigers! PERSEVERE!!!

Beat the Buckeyes!!!! & show the world again...

tuberville won 11, then 9 and was fired after a bad yr

Dec 15, 2013, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Find me a team that has fired a 10 win coach ]

didn't they hire a coach after tuberville?

Re: tuberville won 11, then 9 and was fired after a bad yr

Dec 15, 2013, 5:09 PM

Which is required to maintain a football program. Clemson don't won't just a coach. If so, they can hire you and I and save the university alot of money.

dude, you need to read the posts before you respond

Dec 15, 2013, 5:12 PM

this has nothing to do with clemson and who they hire

look another one. Bill Curry, but went 0-3 against his rival

Dec 15, 2013, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Find me a team that has fired a 10 win coach ]

I think Bama did OK with hiring another coach

Re: look another one. Bill Curry, but went 0-3 against his rival

Dec 15, 2013, 5:47 PM

They hired a coach that had a poorer winning percentage, followed by Mike DuBose, then Dennis Franchione, then Mike Price, them Mike Shula and then Joe Kines for one game.

No coach for 16 years had a better winning percentage than Curry.

Let me guess - you want to hire Danny Ford like Alabama hired Gene Stallings?

null

Bingo!!***

Dec 15, 2013, 6:58 PM

Re: Question for you. How many consecutive losses to

Dec 15, 2013, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Question for you. How many consecutive losses to ]

How many coaches changes did SC make over the years of consecutive losses to Clemson? and did these changes put them in the elite teams category as well as numberous 10 wins seasons in the last 40years. Maybe we want to take this route as well. Be Patient My Friend, all good things come to an end. We have to take the good with the bad. Every day will not come up rosie.

Re: Well, it has been over 1400 now or there about.***

Dec 15, 2013, 7:01 PM

who said "fire Dabo"?

Dec 15, 2013, 4:38 PM

sure there are questions, but the guy is GREAT for clemson.

just needs to figure out how to beat the coots

Re:No one.***

Dec 15, 2013, 7:02 PM

Dabo is a mirage

Dec 15, 2013, 4:42 PM

If you want a good example of what will happen to Dabo you can look at Gene Chizik. When Malzahn left Auburn fell apart. It will happen to Clemson too if h leaves and Dabo stays. Like I have said before, before Morris came into the picture we were losing to USF in the muffler bowl. Morris changed this program. He brought this offense that has broken so many records and has put us on the map. It is the entire coaches and players fault that we lost to usc. Dabo doesn't deserve the blame just as he doesn't deserve the credit for beating LSU. Let Dabo go and keep Morris.

Re: Dabo is a mirage

Dec 15, 2013, 4:47 PM

really hard to believe how some mof you people function in the real world

Pumping gas and flipping burgers ain't that hard. The

Dec 15, 2013, 7:00 PM

smarter coots can do it rather easy. The one you are talking too might need some help.

Dec 15, 2013, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Dabo is a mirage ]

Auburn success was due to a great recruiter who snatches a few (5)stars recruiters from our last year class. They have been a major contributor to this year auburn program. Dabo is a big recruiter. Be Patient My Friend.

Even without Morris, he still made it to the ACCCG

Dec 15, 2013, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Dabo is a mirage ]

And almost won against a very talented GT team that ended up having cheated that year. 2010 was fully of injuries and a lot of talent had just left. It was a rebuilding season. The difference? Dabo still takes us to a bowl in a rebuilding season. Gene Chizik doesn't win his team a single SEC game.

A 6-7 season (where we almost beat both National Champion Auburn and ACC Atlantic Champion Florida State) is miles above a 3-9 season (where you don't score a single point in your last 2 games) no matter how you look at it.

Dec 15, 2013, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Dabo is a mirage ]

that's kinda pitiful...you can't be serious!

Dec 15, 2013, 4:57 PM

Would you sunshine pumpers have a problem with Dabo treating Clemson football like a business? Fire the coaches on his staff who are poor recruiters. Get rid of the non producing players on the field. I can think of at least one coach and several linemen who need to be gone. Take no more legacy players.

Yeah, Dabo never fires coaches or pulls out players

Dec 15, 2013, 5:09 PM

- Billy Napier fired in 2010
- Kevin Steele fired in 2012
- Tajh Boyd replaced Kyle Parker
- Andre Ellington replaced Jamie Harper
- Mike Bellamy was cut
- Spencer Shuey replaced Stephone Anthony when he wasn't doing his job at linebacker
- Roderick McDowell started getting way more touches than Zac Brooks/DJ Howard since he was the only back getting production
- Isaiah Battle replaced Gifford Timothy (before the injury) since he couldn't block
- Jayron Kearse started getting more snaps than Travis Blanks (before the injury) since Travis' lack of speed was starting to show

There's probably more from a couple of years back but my memory is foggy

Dec 15, 2013, 5:08 PM

Will we be allowed to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of this staff? For years Pearman has failed to sign a quality prospect yet he is still employed. The Charlotte area is rich in prospects. Can you really say that we have a strong team? That goes to Batson.

Dec 15, 2013, 5:13 PM

Asked the players who making millions in the NFL.

Dec 15, 2013, 7:22 PM

but...we still need to win "a few" more games that we have trouble with, win some more recruiting battles too! beat the coots & build up our strength or ball carrying technique, & stop dropping the dang ball!!!

if that truly falls on Batson & Pearman, then sadly, good riddance & bye-bye!

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic