Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about 0-59
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,188

Question about 0-59

Jan 17, 2018, 7:51 PM

How much does it really affect you as a Clemson fan? Does it eat away at you at night? Do you not care one bit?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about 0-59

Jan 17, 2018, 7:53 PM

Not really sure what you are talking about . Hope that helps!!

Message was edited by: Garnetisugly

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m 31, so my perspective is a tad different...

Jan 17, 2018, 7:56 PM

But no it does not eat at me daily or really at all. I wish I was over, but the main thing that bothers me about it is that it “defines” our program to some people. We are a good team this year but many would rather us go 1-29 with a win at Chapel Hill.

This teams loss last night has little to do with the season as a whole.

The streak is something crazy, but if we do win next time we go there, we will be a measly 1-59 there so that ain’t much better

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't think about it at all,till a day or so ahead of our

Jan 17, 2018, 8:03 PM

next effort at ending it

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not Really ....BUT......

Jan 17, 2018, 9:24 PM

.....if we go there and lose AGAIN!!
I hope we have the "Passion" to have the entire TEAM
"FOUL OUT " by the First F'n Half!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think about what?***

Jan 17, 2018, 9:33 PM

Personally it doesn’t bother me

Jan 17, 2018, 9:37 PM

all that much for the simple fact that we are typically never favored or even expected to win there. The gulf in talent historically between the two programs speaks for itself. One would assume that the law of averages would say we would have broken through at least one time, but for whatever reason we just can’t seem to find a way.

Now if we were on par talent wise year in and year out, and were still 0-59, then I would have a much stronger opinion about it. I would still love to see a W there in my lifetime though. Here’s to hoping!

Now that we don't play there every year....

Jan 17, 2018, 9:38 PM

It has lost its luster a bit....not quite as painful.
I still maintain that 2010 (the last time we beat them anywhere), when we killed them in Littlejohn and they only won 5 ACC games...that was the year and we didn't get a shot at it. Purnell had gotten us to the point of not being afraid of it, but his previous teams up to that point had gone against unc's best teams. But that season would have been it.
What is more bothersome now is that we haven't beaten them under Brownell anywhere. That needs to end in a couple of weeks.

Re: Now that we don't play there every year....

Jan 17, 2018, 9:55 PM

> It has lost its luster a bit....not quite as
> painful.
> I still maintain that 2010 (the last time we beat
> them anywhere), when we killed them in Littlejohn and
> they only won 5 ACC games...that was the year and we
> didn't get a shot at it. Purnell had gotten us to the
> point of not being afraid of it, but his previous
> teams up to that point had gone against unc's best
> teams. But that season would have been it.
> What is more bothersome now is that we haven't beaten
> them under Brownell anywhere. That needs to end in a
> couple of weeks.

Think that was around 2000 with doofus Matt Doherty. Then one year with Purnell (2008?) We were up 15 and lost. Go figure. Don't lose sleep but will celebrate like h£[[ when it's broken!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that 8 win Doherty team somehow still beat us

Jan 17, 2018, 10:00 PM

thanks Shyatt

Re: Question about 0-59

Jan 17, 2018, 9:45 PM

It makes me mad because CU has sent very good teams to Chapel Hellhole and they lost because of cheap tricks that the xxxHoles and refs allowed to foul-out our bigmen early in the game.
It makes me mad b/c Deano, the jerk, could get away with yelling at the Clemson players while they were shooting freethrows.
It makes me mad b/c the refs have invented calls against CU several times to take the games away from Clemson.
Review film from the 1973 game when a blatant mis-call of a block-charge took a game in ChapelHellhole took the game from Clemson and gave it to the xxxHoles.
It makes me mad b/c the Univ of Non-chalant Cheaters kept players elgible for 24 years by academic cheating.
Just for a short list...

I could care less.

Jan 17, 2018, 9:47 PM

But probably not much less. It would be nice to break the streak though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,188
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic