»
Topic: Question: Is Clemson playing regular 11 season games + ACCCG = 12 games?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 17, 2020 12:37 PM by: CUYankee
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Question: Is Clemson playing regular 11 season games + ACCCG = 12 games?

[3]
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 5:11 PM

If so, then an ACC Team that wins the tourney will have 12 games under its belt..

while SEC winner would have 11 total games..

while the B1G winner would have only 9 wins total.

If correct, wouldn’t that be a disadvantage for the ACC winner,,either due to game loss potential, being worn out (hi Bama) or more possible injuries.

What know you Tiger.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Very good question....

[3]
Posted: Sep 16, 2020 5:57 PM

.... I think that as long as Clemson has 2+ weeks to prep for CFP, then should be no problem....

Yes but that's assuming we're able to play all 11 regular

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 9:41 AM

season games + the ACCCG. There's just so much unpredictability with CV.

Either way, we will adapt, improvise, and overcome.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Pig

Re: Question: Is Clemson playing regular 11 season games + ACCCG = 12 games?

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 9:42 AM

We'll be OK... They're making all teams take election day off. That will make everything "equal".

I don’t know much but I think

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 9:43 AM

you have to have eight games to “qualify” for the CFP. The more games a team plays would be insurance against games postponed or cancelled do to the Crap-vid.

2020 white level member

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 9:51 AM

ACC teams get 2 bye weeks.
B1G gets no bye weeks
SEC is getting 1 bye week, and the teams who qualify for the SECCG will get another.

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 12:37 PM

Less games is always more advantageous, at least from an injury perspective. I mean, we’ve already lost Tyler & Ruke in one game.

That being said... 8 games, 8 weekends in a row, with no bye-week(s), zero flexibility for rescheduling any potentially cancelled games, and a strict 21-day mandatory suspension for any player that tests positive is almost certainly a recipe for disaster. One might argue if it’s even plausible that B1G makes it to Dec. 20th without a hiccup.

And further, how will the Heisman contention be impacted? Trevor Lawrence will have 11 games on film before ballots are due. Justin Fields will have 6? I’m happy these guys get to play but what a mess 2020 has been and continues to be.

Replies: 6  
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
602 people have read this post