Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB controversey
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

QB controversey

Jul 21, 2018, 7:25 PM

Kelly Bryant did a great job being a leader last year. He knows the pressure of playing in big games and knows the check offs. He is a running QB that can throw decently.

This is a team game, and last year most of our wins can be attributed to the defense. It's amazing how a QB gets so much cred when a team wins and so many negative comments when a team loses. We had alot of close games last year against teams with less talent due to our lack of offensive productivity(passing).

I have alot of respect for Kelly for what he was able to do for us last year, but I'm not sure he has the skills to take us to a National championship. I trust that the coaches will make the right decision. Maybe Kelly learned to throw on a rope over the last 6 months( he just had a bad spring game,huh) Maybe Trevor just isn't ready to lead and understand the offense. I believe our defense will allow us the luxury of figuring this out before it bites in the ***

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB controversey

Jul 21, 2018, 7:33 PM

exactly the defense kept us in contention. we already lost 1 great potential QB. When Dabo concedes qg position to Bryant for the year, we will lose the freshman. So, only if Bryant is creamed and hurt will we allow a new qb then spring 2019 he is gone. even if Bryant is gone . Bryant is not pro caliber as far as his experience and performance so far show me.

Jul 22, 2018, 12:27 PM

This has to be the most Unknowledgeable, ignorant, low football IQ, out-of-touch with realty post of all time. In what world would a rising soph QB transfer because he didn’t get enough playing time as a Freshman??? He will have the keys completely to himself for the next 2-3 years even if he doesn’t get them his FIRST YEAR EVER of being on a college team. Not to mention the guy that “got the start because of loyalty” started on a playoff team the year before. These kids are not whiny, spoiled fans. They earn what they get. They weren’t just given everything they’ve gotten so far in life. They know how to deal with competition and adversity.

Go take a Midol.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 7:33 PM

Not to worry...the decision has not been made yet and Dabo and company WILL make the right decision.

Jul 21, 2018, 7:36 PM

dabo already ran 1 potential Qb away, so he can do that again.

Jul 21, 2018, 7:37 PM

this frosh qb like the other who already left will not wait around

jeez guys, worse case scenario he has to wait 1 year

Jul 21, 2018, 9:36 PM

Then beat out chase Brice.

There had to be a reason other than seniority thay ZC was ahead of HJ on the depth chart. Maybe he had a 5 star arm with a 1 star brain. Maybe he put us at risk for a lot of turnovers. I don't know, maybe ZC threw the ball a lot better in practice and was not a gamer. He didn't seem to be able to throw the ball better than HJ from the little we saw.

You have to believe that streeter is competent enough to know what it takes to win the job. Heck, he did it himself.

I am looking forward to seeing how HJ performs at northwestern.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chuckled a bit when I read your post WBII. +1

Jul 22, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: QB controversey ]

Just because we are opposite sides of debate, but both still Tigers all the way! And you are dead right! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2018, 8:15 PM

Best one will start. Coaches know. I want TL to be the QB Jesus like everyone else...but we thought Hunter Johnson would be that as well last year pre-season.

TL looked great in High School...but he may not develop to the next level as fast as everyone wants.

Dabo and Streeter know what they're doing, they're going to play the one who gives us the best chance to win the Natty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2018, 9:14 AM

HJ and TLaw coming out of high school isn’t even close. HJ played against top level high school talent probably a hand full of times in Indiana. Trevor played in Georgia which is one of the best states in the country. His knowledge coming in is far ahead of what HJ was although I still think HJ will be awesome in time. All you to do was watch his first pass of the spring game where TLaw found his 3rd read to Smith to know where his mental game is.

Jul 22, 2018, 9:00 AM

There is no QB controversey at Clemson. What we have is a QB competition which is a blessing because it means we have a lot of very good QBs.

Jul 22, 2018, 6:33 PM

Dabo won't play TL because KB has seniority and next year it will be CB because CB has seniority. TL may as well transfer too.

You know because Deshaun Watson had to wait until he was the most senior QB

Jul 22, 2018, 6:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic